Remeber when animated films were for adults too?

Remeber when animated films were for adults too?

This was pure kino. Still makes me feel nostalgic and comfy.

yes

the budget ran (out): the series

the blonde one is the cutest

Fritz wasn't for adults, it was for kids who wanted to be adults.

>kino
I don't think you know what that word means.

t. edgy 15 y/o who want to think they're watching deep stuff but it's just over inflated teen melodrama presented ambiguosly

They are still being made. This counts as animation too, right?

Sausage Party

Pretty much yeah. Bakshi misunderstood the source material and only went for shock value. Robert Crumb hated the movie and wanted nothing to do with it or Bakshi again. He hated it so much that he killed Fritz.

I AIN'T NO JIVE ASS BLACK NIGGER HONEY

Other than some sexual content there isn't much you could call adult about Fritz the cat

Remember the second one where he got high and fucked his friends underage little sister and got chased out the house by her enraged father with a shotgun who then proceeded to fuck her?

Fritz wasn't very good, imo.

Ralph Bakshi's life is interesting as fuck
>lived in black communities as a kid and has genuine understanding of the culture
>illegally smuggled cartoon documents out of canada
>made the films he wanted to make, films like no other at the time.
>lied about owning mighty mouse and practically gave himself a free job when bargaining with the network that owned mighty mouse

Not even the best Akira rip off

>Cartoon about giant robots
>adults

this anime was trash. i barely made it through it - the only reason i kept watching was so that i could say i've seen it to be able to legitimately critique it.

DUDE WEED LMAO.
DUDE URINATION LMAO.
DUDE CARTOON BOOBS LMAO.
DUDE CASUAL RACISM LMAO.

bakshi is a garbage animator who relies purely on shock value to make a quick buck. he literally cuts corners wherever possible: see the horrible rotoscoping in the lord of the rings and wizards.

this is also garbage

I do