Silence

Watched this for the second time yesterday and I liked it even more than the first. Best movie I've seen in ages.

rip when

it was kino indeed and also a pretty good pleb filter

What was his fucking problem?

From a japanese perspective christians are reverse weeaboos and must be punished.

He is a soulless jap who hates Jesus.

Gook Trump

>go see Silence with 16 year old sister
>have to get grandma to take me because nearest showing was an hour away
>cinema kikes won't let sister go in (I'm 19 but underaged has to be accompanied by 21+)
>grandma has to watch with us
>fine whatever. jpg
>an hour in grandma walks out
>sister and I love the film
>go see grandma in lobby when kino ends
>says it was the worst movie she ever saw
Plebs, amirite?

That bit where he and Rodrigues are arguing and he deflates like a frog puffed up with air is hilarious.

My granddad liked it, he was actually weeping a bit at the end.

fucking kek

pics of sister?

No. His problem was that he didn't want the jesuits upsetting the system. It didn't really have anything to do with what he believed in.

My sister really liked it too, also getting her into Malick and Herzog

Your grandma is undoubtedly a pleb

Nothing worth posting. She looks like a 12 year old boy.
Your gramps seems cool

>anti-japanese propaganda
Fuck Christianity, that was a garbage, biased movie. I'm glad the cultural imperialist Christians got btfo by the godly nips

Yeah, he did say

>There are some who believe your religion is a curse. I do not, but it is still dangerous.

If that's all you got from it you're a fuckin dumbass

The story was written by a jap, dumbass.

The part at the end where Rodrigues was finally able to wholeheartedly confess Kichijiro was incredibly moving. For most of the movie he hold Kichijiro in contempt and only confesses him out of duty, but once they're both apostates he learns true compassion.

The book is really good too, I read it before seeing the movie.

I know that you are trolling but this movie was about religion's morality where 1 priest says it's ok to pretend that you have abandoned faith to save your life and the other says that you shoudn't get your life before Jesus Christ in any matter.

True KINO.

Real talk though this lack of depth or consideration that anyone else can be "right" annoyed me about the film and annoys me about religion in general.

It was a good film though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's remembered among his best. A lot of stuff I loved a lot of stuff I really didn't like (like the aforementioned religious perspective problem).

Silence is Scorsese's best in years, I'm glad his passion project turned out so well.

It's beautifully shot, thematically moving and has great performances (though the accents are dodgy). Scorsese knows when to use sound or a lack of sound. It isn't perfect by any means but it's better than most shit I see at the cinema these days. A good pleb filter.

>abrasion on knee

Literally sucking dick tier waifu.
Have some shame, user.

But Japs did butcher a fuckton of Christians in 17th century when they found out that Portuguese were fucking with them.

Feared European colonization.
Inquisitor did nothing wrong.

What's the appeal of this movie? glorification of Christian martyrdom? are we supposed to feel sorry for the white missionaries preaching His Truth to those poor natives in dire need of enlightenment? What a complacent, masturbatory, worthless waste of time

>Scorsese knows when to use sound or a lack of sound.
Very true.

Semi-related, but I saw Silence in a small art-house theater and at one point the sound cut out. Nobody in the audience was sure if it was some sort of artistic decision by Scorsese or that someone in the booth fucked up. Took like 5 minutes until someone went outside and said something to the staff.

Why you would pan a film... before going to see it in theaters?

>Murdering hundreds of your own people
>doing nothing wrong

Weeb fags are pathetic.

>Guilty white faggots feel bad about "muh colonialism"

>Your religious perspective is wrong
>because I said so

Modernism, everyone.

And you could still probably tell what was happening cause Marty is a good visual director.

God bless.

>It's a good movie because it has good cinematography and a lack of soundtrack
patricians don't feel the need to prove they're patricians, otherwise they're just insecure plebs like (You)

>there's no such thing as objective right and wrong
>but you guys are wrong

This is what you sound like. What exactly can be considered "right" about mass executions and torture?

It was a pretty simple comment desu.

um what? I don't understand how your green text is either accurate or relates to your later statement of Modernism. Do you mean Modernism is anti-religious? Which is an interesting question to be fair. One particularly stimulating discussion is how much of a believer James Joyce was.

Not really sure what is confusing you. Even among the religions which make the most exceptions for their forebearers, (e.g. islam being "tolerant" of other abrahamics) they still, at best only permit their existence. Of course in contemporary western discourse people are rarely as arrogant in their beliefs as to vocalise that they are objectively correct in their worship, however for that religious belief to be real it is necessary that this is, nevertheless, a belief they hold.

I'm not entirely sure why you then moved from discussion of theological exclusivism to genocide.

(P.S. ofcourse we can talk about pluralism (which lets be frank is a theological cop out, although admittably a very appealing one), or incluisivism which introduces the quite amusing paradox that you are saved by Christ if you haven't heard of him but if you have heard of him you have to believe)

He was defending his culture. Tough guy.

Are you teaching her to call people with inferior taste plebs?

Is it like a traditional Scorcese's movie? He's my favorite director, but the story doesn't seem like it'd interest me.