released in theaters, isnt very good
directors cut (non-raped edition) is later released on home video. is excellent

Fucking THIS.

DEUS VULT

Salah ad-Din, I'm CRUSADER

The version I would be watching is on starz and is 2 hours 27 minutes

also wording this
the director's cut is pretty good

Even director's cut couldn't save it for me.

Orlando Bloom is a plague and this movie fell as a victim of his.

Who would have been better suited

That's the theatrical cut, with everything that makes you care about what's happening cut out. The director's cut is about 45 minutes longer.

I love the OST desu

Where is good place to find it

>deus vult

this is kind of a lame meme desu, still not feeling it

the starz version is the theatrical release with like 30 minutes of good shit cut out giving it some plot holes but still enjoyable IMO

Who would have been better? In 2005? Tough call..

I'd say Guy Pearce would have been great, although at best he would still appear around 5 years older than Bloom in the movie.

kysn

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES watch the theatrical cut. Characters are butchered, in one instance totally left out, and the literal actual fucking climax of the movie showdown with the bad guy vs the good guy is cut. Yes, the 1v1 showdown climax is cut. Along with 45 minutes of other stuff.

The Directors Cut is a great movie, but if you expect some DEUS VULT Sup Forums circlejerk, dont watch it

>crusaders are evil
>saladin is good guy

>Not wanting to retake Constantinople

its more than that. the good characters end up at the mercy of the bad ones.

Yoho yoho a _____'s life for me

Hands away from Constantinople, you filthy catholicucks/protestantshits

>tfw the only lasting impact of the Crusades was destroying the Byzantine Empire and giving Muslims Istanbul

If you're white/ of european descent than this would be sad, only a dirty turkroach would think it's funny.

expelling them from europe and ruining all their chance to become succesfull was more than impactfing
look at them now

According to this website: helleniccomserve.com/fallofconstantinoplefinaltragey.html, there were European Christian mercenaries who fought alongside the Turks during the Siege of Constantinople. Also, there was a military engineer, Urban (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orban) who created cannons for Mehmed's army. And before the final siege of Constantinople was the Fourth Crusade perpetrated by Western European Christians that sacked Constantinople and seriously weakened the Byzantines. They never really recovered from that.

Here are some podcast episodes you can listen to about Constantinople.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0054921 (This one is about the Schism between the Latin/Catholic churches of the Western Europe and the Eastern Orthodox churches of the Roman/Byzantine Empire.)

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0038xbd (This one is about the siege and fall of Constantinople when it was finally conquered by the Turks. I haven't listened to this one is years, since probably 2013.)

The podcast episode about the schism also mentions the Fourth Crusade that sacked Constantinople.

>IMPLYING

I bought a sword after seeing the director's cut, thats how good it is

I AM REYNALD DE CHATILLON

>REYNALD
>anglos cant prononce Renaud

shamefull

Worked for a while.

Venice was a major rival of the Byzantines and was a major role in redirecting the 4th crusade into sacking Constantinople. They even lent ships to the Ottomans to ferry their men across the straits when they laid siege to the city themselves.

Basically, if you were a medieval Roman, whether you were Greek, Armenian, Slavic, Georgian, an Arab who converted to Christianity, etc. It would be constant warfare, perhaps all across their borders. The Empire had enemies in Western Christendom as well as enemies in the Muslim Arabs and then the Turks, and even before them were also the Zoroastrians of the Persian Empire and Pagan or newly converted Christian barbarians of Western Europe. Not to mention rogue Christians within the Empire like the Paulicians. Yeah, living in the medieval age sucked. So if there are white nationalist Christians who are talking about how Islam was continuously attacking Christian Europe, Christian Europe was attacking itself or contributing to the decline of the Byzantine Empire.

>we will never get a historical epic about Justinian and Belisarius

You mean during the final siege? Yeah, I guess so.

Why doesn't Hollywood just do a movie about the Fourth Crusade? It would be liberal Hollywood's way of showing the White Nationalists that it wasn't just the Muslims who were attacking Christians, but even other Christians attacking Christians out of greed.

In the Kingdom of Heaven movie, all that political intrigue and backroom maneuvering and plots and stuff, was that all fictionalized? If they did a movie of the Fourth Crusade, they wouldn't have to fictionalize the events, but stay close to the events and they would still have an action film with all that Machiavellian plotting and stuff to make it seem all complex and everything.

Nevermind, I just checked online and there was a lot in Kingdom of Heaven that also happened in real life.

Maybe the Greeks have already done a movie about Justinian and Belisarius?

There is an Italian film about Theodora and Justinian: mmerlino.com/Reviews/byzantine_film.html

Isn't it Istanbul?

Oh well, at least Ubisoft did an Assassin's Creed title that centered around Constantinople after it was conquered by the Turks. But I read or glimpsed from TvTropes that the Byzantines were the villains. Which I guess is a change up from all their other Assassin's Creed titles with the Western European Christians as villains.

After the Turks conquered Constantinople, the city was still called Constantinople for a couple more centuries, eventually they renamed the city to Istanbul.

history.info/on-this-day/1930-the-city-of-constantinople-renamed-to-istanbul/