Why was this cliche-fest praised?

Why was this cliche-fest praised?

Because Sup Forums loves Mad Mel and deep down so does everyone else.

go watch la la land, faggot

this movie was a fuckin let down. fake as fuck ending no one believes that shit, that guy alone saving all the bodies lmao. I cant believe it the film could have been epic. Mel Gibson is an asshole racist cucklord

seriously I wish Mel Gibson dies soon because he is cancer

It was incredibly dishonest

Because Mel Gibson said racist things to his wife or whatever 10 years ago.

t. reddit

I like mel gibson but this movie was 3/10 garbage, people made it out to be realistic then it has some guy shooting a BAR with one hand while using half a corpse as a bullet shield

Reddit is home to stormfront and whiterights. They are extremely racist and antisemetic.

Nice try though.

>people made it out to be realistic then it has some guy shooting a BAR with one hand while using half a corpse as a bullet shield
There's a reason they call them the greatest generation.

>shit Sup Forums tricked you into watching

Did Mel make the war scenes intentionally slapstick-y?

>cliche-fest
That's an apt description.
Everything that happenss in this movie I have already seen somewhere else.
Also fucking boring for the first hour.

I hate Garfield's stupid fucking face. The actual battle scenes were well done. Hugo Weaving is aging terribly.

Can you actually use mortars like grenades?

I think they've got a contact fuse and a timing fuse. So yes, theoretically.

Mel released the most subversive film of this melennium in Apocalypto. In 2005 at the height of the bush years he made a film which refrences 9/11 and condemns american imperialism and consumerism and nobody fucking got it.
Mel literally stated publically that the film paralleled the bush administration and the media spun it as him trying to make up for the whole jew thing.
On top of that its arguably one of the best chase films ever made. Didnt see Hacksaw ridge but Melly G is lowkey god tier director in my book

>The actual battle scenes were well done.

I love that people actually believed the bullshit in this movie just because some veteran said so. Veterans are the worst for telling tall tales, everyone knows this. Gibson said some of his stories were just too unbelievable to be part of the movie. Gee I wonder why.

The jews got him real good with this one.

This movie was windtalkers tier

No, at least not without fiddling with them first. The pressure from the bomb being fired out the tube arms the fuse. You could replace the fuse to just a normal impact fuse if you wanted though

I believe it, mostly im amazed they let him keep working at all considering Hollywood.
Film may suck but he still gets a pass in my book as he can actually direct, too rare a trait these days

*teleports behind you*
nothing personnel kid

I heard nothing but praise about this movie until like last week. Every day I saw a MEL IS BACK JEWKEKS BTFO thread for like 2 weeks upon release. Even irl everyone I know who saw it loved it.
Then very recently people started calling it cliche, cheesy garbage.

What happened?

We finally saw it.

Sup Forumstards went back to making threads on /pol

The phases are based on who saw it in theaters and who downloaded it.

People who say it in theaters tend to be less critical. This is true for every release.

it was decent, not the most amazing movie ever but definitely worth watching. You guys saying its trash clearly haven't seen trash before

isn't this the same board that said interstellar and source code were bad too? Yeah I'd take Sup Forums's advice with a huge block of salt

Very true actually. They went in at least willing to spend 8 bucks

>definitely worth watching

Why?

the mel hater shitpost
thats's it

People who say the first hour is boring are most likely autistic virgins who've never experienced love. The rest of the film was great and very enjoyable. Some of the battle moments were a little comical but overall it was a fun movie.

Just Jews shitposting before the Oscars to turn the academy against Mel.

yeah this is quite weird
practically every thread for weeks after it was shown was giving it quite a lot of praise even despite all the slapsticky stuff
me personally I thought it was a pretty decent movie, definitely a good comeback for mel

>slapsticky stuff

There is no slapsticky stuff. That's just fat faggots on Sup Forums acting like they've been in combat.

Reminder that you can use bodies as shields

Interstellar is bad, Source Code is okay. But Interstellar is actually trash for similar reasons as this movie actually.

This is the OP I haven't even been monitoring this thread but I'm seeing there's a decent amount of discussion.

So first offYes because the terrible slow mo, Razzy-worthy dad acting, falls in love and gets married in 5 minutes worth of interactions, hilariously bad premise (kid just grabs a cinderblock at age 8 and hits his brother on the head, really?), and Full Metal Jacket without any fun or acting sequence were all so enthralling.

Action sequences were only redeemable by the good cinematography and sound design, but the actual actions that take place during them are actually comical.

This exactly about the ending.

This is the truth.

maybe slapsticky was a poor choice of words but some of the stuff was straight out of a sam raimi film
not that that's necessarily a bad thing

>That's just fat faggots on Sup Forums acting like they've been in combat.
Bruh I've beat every call of duty in the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure I could take down an army by myself.

because it was a damn good cliche fest

>white men

more like cucksaw ridge amirite?

oscar noms, plus the depressed loners who hate everything and don't have anyone to see stuff in the cinema with only got the chance to pirate it recently

because mel is le epic racist and we are le epic racists too xD