Problem Child 2 is an original script.

Shawshank Redemption

>Jaws
>Blade Runner
>Apocalypse Now
>Godfather
>LOTR
I agree, I've thought this was true for a long time

>screenwriters Francis Ford Coppola and Edmund H. North wrote the script based largely on the biographies Patton: Ordeal and Triumph by Ladislas Farago and A Soldier's Story by General of the Army Omar Bradley.

Once Upon A Time In America wasn't based on a book and it's better than any book based movie, including and particularly The Godfather movies.
Also, Elizabeth McGovern is my cheekfu.

>Movies based on books are kino
>Movies based on Video Games are dog shit
Hehe

>story driven medium is better adapted to another story driven medium than a play driven medium
wow, who knows why that always happen?

Almost every video game has a generic plot that could easily be adapted nowadays, stop parroting things that don't make sense. I suppose movies adapted from books are shit because you don't get the feeling of sitting down, reading a good book

it's a fact that 99% of video game writers are talentless hacks

>generic plot
>good movie
The plots are generic because they are just a framing device for action

if a video game movie managed to fil all the time normally spent playing with compelling action scenes it could be great. like john wick or mad max style, just enough story and an interesting setting to motivate 90 mins of action. makes me wonder why that has never once happened

This.

The best storytelling medium is books, followed by film, the stage, television, campfire stories, gossip, and below every other medium lies videogames.

Movies can have generic plots and still be good, original doesn't always mean good. There's a lot more to why video game movies are shit than just the writing

I'm gonna make him an offer.

A masterpiece of Polish cinema

The Hobbit Trilogy is fucking awful

Another reason this is the greatest film of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw

;_;

Videogame writers cripple their work by limiting it to the conventions of film just like how filmmakers cripple their work by limiting it to the conventions of theatre.

The only good movie-like game I can think of is the Metal Gear Solid series, since it balances all the HEAVY cinematic moments with pure gameplay and the pacing isn't shit. They're basically ~14 hour stories as opposed to Uncharted, The Last of Us, or anything by David Cage where they stretch a boring 1.5/2 hour narrative over 10-15 hours.

Why is this movie so hated?

lotr and the shining prove you wrong

American films***

Alien

How?

Besides the shinning, any other adaptations that are better than the source material?

The Hoods
by Harry Grey

Legacy of Kain
Planescape Torment

Are you guys actually retarded?

is 2001 based on a book ?

Yes,actually
So is Barry Lyndon and Stalker by Tarkovsky

I thought they were created at the same time.

Yes and no. 2001 is based on a short story, but the book 2001 was made at the same time as the movie.

It was not.

2001 was co-created as a book and movie

>inspired by Clarke's short story "The Sentinel"