Stargate

Why does every legitimate autist that I know who is on the conservative side of the political spectrum love this show?

What's the draw for autists? And for conservatives?

gabbaGOOOL???

This show had such a low production quality that even MacGyver's gimmicks weren't enough to keep me interested

I love stargate and I'm pretty lefty. Never heard of a conservative fanbase but I could see it. It's a very military based show and the government has a scary amount of power in it. They'd probably love that. Plus it starts off with an interventionist sorta bent protecting random savages from evil space false gods.

everyfuckingbody loves this show and I'm a fucking treehugger

it unites us

It's formulaic, conventional, predictable, repetitive, etc.

a shitty tv show for autistic neckbeards inspired by an even shittier movie

I'm not really conservative but now that I think about it, it would explain why it's so hard for me to find other fans out in the wild, I generally don't hang around conservatives.

GOOLD?

What's the deal with American's mispronouncing proper nouns, even people's names? Pretty sure every character in the later seasons of SG-1 americanised Vala's name except Jackson and Teal'c.

aren't they both dead, damn
they weren't super ambitious with effects at least. most episodes were just "let's go out innawoods and pretend it's an alien world's forest" which is why i guess /k/ polposters love it

that and p90s

Because pronouncing words in a dialect you don't use sounds dumb more often than not and unconsciously doing it is a sign of submissiveness. Teal'c is somewhat used to the whacky dialects of space and Daniel is Daniel.

But it's not they were reading the words and then trying to pronounce them out loud. Someone tells you their name, don't you try and mimic the sound they make? I could understand not wanting to sound retarded fucking up Goa'uld, but how hard is it to say the british Vala as opposed to the american Vala. It's not a hard sound to pronounce and if it's well within their ability to do it it's rude to mispronounce someone's name.

WE HAVE AN UNSCHEDULED OFF WORLD ACTIVATION

Come to think of it, Goa'uld isn't that hard to say either, even for Texans. It's just three simple vowel sounds one after the other. I'll give Hammond a break though because he probably first read the word in a report.

It's a show about unrependent american colonialism and disregard for other cultures, plus it has the AMERICA FUCK YEAH factor where they save the world and everyone else is incompetent

who cares, the iris is closed. why are there men with guns in there, tell them to go back to dusting the missiles.

Well if someone makes a fuss over their name pronunciation then that's their problem. I personally see it as a bit patronizing to pronounce someones name in their accent instead of your own. I'll try it once but if I feel like I'm messing it up I'm just more comfortable using my own pronunciation.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Russians were still sinister commies who got their 304 blown up, the Chinese abandoned theirs forever, the one French guy was a coward and the English did fucking nothing despite being America's closest ally.

I really wish we had gotten Stargate Command and seen the show restructured around exploration and the day to day running of an integrated SGC. It was weird how SGA was about an IOA run expedition but they only ever came up as an issue a handful of times and the most "exotic" earthling in the main cast was a Scottish guy. The Russians and Chinese were always giving the SGC shit.

The show highlights the concept of American Exceptionalism.

Stargate Universe > SG-1 and Atlantis.
Fight me.

I wish we had gotten at least a third season
>they finally started dropping much drama for actual interesting ayys and shit

I like Universe and I might be with you on Atlantis, but thinking it's better than peak seasons 3-5 SG-1 is insane.

The only people who like stargate grew up watching it.

I watched SG1 almost exclusively as re-runs so that might be ture.

I actually love Stargate Atlantis Anons, just as SG-1 and Universe.
Is it really impossible to have a sequel?

just watched all of SG1 and atlantis over the past 2 years as an undergrad, i loved them both

elaborate, you well shaved, well groomed intelligent person

i bet you think BSG is the best show as well

WTF i fit both those parameters!

Fairly accurate military (air force atleast) protocol?

I started with Atlantis (saw a really good episode on tv that ended in a cliffhanger) then i was caught. Then i watched SG1 after.

Loved them both. They're like sci-fi adventure procedurals.