SHANE BLACK'S PREDATOR Plot Details

>Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (Boyd Holbrook) is an elite Special Forces operative with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. During a covert misson in Cuba to assassinate a drug lord, he happens upon a seemingly dead Predator in the wreckage of a crashed spaceship, and retrieves a piece of the alien's technology, which he sends to his estranged son Rory McKenna (Jacob Tremblay), an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife in the suburbs, unaware of what it truly is.

>Quinn is later captured by CIA agent John Traeger (Sterling K. Brown), the leader of a secret department investigating alien activity on Earth. While Quinn is being interrogated by Traeger, the Predator awakens and escapes to retrieve the stolen technology, and Quinn and Traeger begrudgingly join forces to reach the Rory and the piece first.

>Quinn assembles a ragtag team of ex-Marines (Trevante Rhodes, Keegan Michael-Key, Alfie Allen, Thomas Jane) for help, while Traeger brings in Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor specialized in Evolutionary Biology. The unlikey heroes must confront the deadliest hunter in the galaxy as he rampages across the planet on his way to Quinn's family house in the heart of the United States.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=obB4kwUbuk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They just had a remake a few years ago, they need to make a decent AvP movie finally

"Predators" wasn't a remake.

Please, tell me this is not real, please.

I want to stuff my uncircumcised hog down Olivia Munn's slutty throat.

TWIST REVEALED

[spoilers]At the end it turns out the real predator is the white male molesting the kid[/spoilers]

Why does anyone think it's a smart idea to put Keegan Michael Key in anything other than a comedy? Even as comic relief his presence would prevent me from enjoying this film

Wow! Is that Thomas Jane kneeling by the kid? He look like utter shit. I barely recognize him. I guess it has been years since I saw him in anything.

More like Thomas JUST

>Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor specialized in Evolutionary Biology.

But she isn't even wearing glasses in the pic...

That's Shane Black you dope

I refuse to watch ANYTHING that has Olivia Munn in it.

Jeez he looks like a big pussy

Jeez he looks like a big pussy

I understood that reference.

Is that Keen and Peele?

Seriously, did the go out of their way to find the least appealing cast possible ?

It looks like a failed tv pilot ensemble, the predator franchise is officially dead :(

>this cast
>its real

>my sides

>an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife in the suburbs

This is the kind of shit that ruined Iron Man 3.

>AY-AY-RON GET IN DA CHOPPAH!!

Predators was unironically a good film

Drug lords live in Cuba?

Shane Black is great.

Anytime
Anytime

jojo reference?

Why'd you say it twice?

I didn't?

Ahahahahahahah
>predator recording
>ERRHEHERHERHERHERHER!!!

>The unlikey heroes must confront the deadliest hunter in the galaxy as he rampages across the planet on his way to Quinn's family house in the heart of the United States.

I'm confused. If the Predator can track it's technology then why would it rampage across the planet when the US is naught but 90 miles from Cuba?

wtf is wron with Sup Forums

Only gonna watch this because of Boyd Holbrook desu

>kid character in a Predator movie
Ohhhh christ

Or why doesn't it just go directly to the house without 'rampaging'. Get the stolen shit back first and then do some hunting. Also why would you send your kid Unknown alien Technology?

You know what would be great? It the opening scene shows the kid getting brutally murdered just to throw us off thinking it would be "the kid survives because he's a kid" thing.

But too bad predators will probably not even view children as suitable prey and would just let him go.

>find a piece of alien technology while on a Cover mission in Cuba
>mail it to your autistic son

ETSUBATSU

There is no fucking was this got green light, I don't believe it, I cant believe it.
And if it is legit.
Is the child actor actually autistic? as in so autistic that he couldnt even stand for the promo shot with out someone giving him the reassuring arm.

Hollywood is really lucky it has an essential monopoly on making big movies

>it's a fucking scavenger hunt
Instantly trash. Is this the default action plot or something? Also who finds alien technology and sends it to their retarded kid? Also did we forget about the whole "being hunted" aspect?

The kid just has to ask the Predator if he wants some candy and he'll be fine.
Now I'm just realizing the weird implications in that scene in Predator 2.

I mean I sort of get where they're coming from here what with the concrete jungle type plot, because Predators make it a point to hide their existence, but the execution is all wrong. Why not a Middle East desert setting? Because you know, HOSTILE ENVIRONMENTS/SUITABLE PREY? This suburb shit sounds like it's going Home Alone territory

this is the lamest, most boring plot you could ever do for a predator movie, or even an alien movie.

20 fucking bucks they never explain what this predator tech even does the whole movie. at most we'll get IT EXPLODES STUFF. and theyll be bad guy military higher ups wanting to use it as a weapon.

holy fuck im mad. i cant believe people get paid to come up with this shit.

if boy and that handsome guy standing behind boy die in movie, i will not watch it. but if both survive, i will definitely watch it.

>kid
DROPPED
>kid with autism
WHY? DROPPED
>unlikely heroes
DROPPED
>takes place in the suburbs
DROPPED

this is a fucking disaster

That cast looks so bad but I don't know... It's Shane Black after all, this mofo wrote so many memorable flicks in 80s and 90s. Nice Guys was great too.

>Key
>Munn
You're serious? You're actually fucking serious with this? Christ. The only interesting actor here is Thimas Jane

Jacob Tremblay. Cute.
Boyd Holbrook. Hot.

>implying Iron Man 3 wasn't the best Iron Man movie and one of the best movies in the MCU
Shit taste
>m-m-m-muh Mandarin
>inb4 DCucks

>>kid character in a R rated Predator movie
Ohhhh yeah christ

>kid DROPPED
>avoids seeing kids in films

self-loathing peedoo detected

>Olivia Munn

yikes

So are the kid and the predator going to face one another in a video game tournament set in California?
>Mouth clicking in approval about power glove intensifies

WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERFUCKER

That scene was too short. It needed more boy twitching and moaning in pain.

I hope the white male lead has some wicked bantz like all shane black movies

Shane Black always has to have kids in his movies.

It was an unfocused mess.

Thomas Jane is good. Good thing they got him cuz it looks like he's the only saving grace. Will they make reek a bitch like he was in John wick though?

>Kid

This looks like shit

>a fucking kid

>SHANE BLACK
what did you expect? he has never made a good movie

it all focused on Tony's mental state and recovery, more focused and genuine than whatever usual capeshit

>implying children aren't all shitty actors who ruin movies

just so everyone's aware
these days "autism" means aspergers
the kid is find, just socially inept and fixates on things, which is why he'll be instrumental in understanding mcguffin of choice

No.
Kill yourself for not knowing.
Then carry your corpse out of this thread

Iron Man 2 did the same thing, and better. IM3 was half poor "Home Alone" comedy and half forgettable action scenes.

>a kid
Plot twist Shane Black is the predator

Yautja won't attack an unarmed or unworthy target.

> "...estranged son ... an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife."

DROPPED
How can you seriously write something that bad!!!

> "...a Berkeley University professor specialized in Evolutionary Biology."
Lie down and cry.

>Olivia Munn
>college professor
lol Im laffin

>But too bad predators will probably not even view children as suitable prey

They won't, most of the time. Predators have a code of honor and ethics and unsporting kills are looked down upon. But some Predators are just assholes who don't give a shit.

>IM 2
>better than anything
Shit was terrible, and your terrible for liking it. Can't believe they wasted Sam Rockwell's only MCU appearance in that garbage.

Shane Black sure does love to put children in peril

Last Boy Scout
Lethal weapon
The monster squad
Kiss kiss bang bang
Last action hero
The nice guys

Shit I don't even remember Ironman 3 was that kid in danger?

Why do Predatorfags (or Die Hardfags for that matter) never acknowledge McTiernan's role? You always see Alienfags complain about Scott or The Thingfags talking about Carpenter. McTiernan is probably THE most influential action filmmakers since Kurosawa, yet it's like he doesn't even exist. Do Predator fans even know he's blacklisted in Hollywood?

i can't believe people still use t.b.h. even though it gets wordfiltered and you look like a faggot

>being this buttblasted
Calm down senpai.

I'm a Predtor and Die Hardfag, so to answer your question, yes I did know he was blacklisted. But I recently heard McTiernan was back and the last thing he did was direct some video game commercial.

wait till the autistic kid back-engineers the predator metal fragment to create an armor suit which saves his family in the end

Wait why was McTiernan blacklisted?

>Yautja
God I fucking hate expanded universes. All these autistic terms and names ruin the mystery.

smart shitposters have moved on to "tbqh" tbqh

He lied to the FBI about wire tapping some producer and got thrown in jail for it and blacklisted.

Kek that's actually a kino trailer. Please come back for good McT

youtube.com/watch?v=obB4kwUbuk8

Some complicated legal trouble that involved a famous scummy Hollywood PI with a lot of celebrities as clients, McT had hired him to wiretap a producer because his movie was getting butchered, he did federal jail time, but no one in Hollywood gave him support because he's a goy.

Anyone else thinking about the fact that when the current threads die, Sup Forums will be no more?

no. what do you mean?

i love shane black but i dont think theres anyway this cast will be able to pull it off

>McTiernan
Fuck even in the long kiss goodnight.

no images can be posted, so no new threads can be made. The current threads up are the last ones to exist until image posting is fixed. Since we don't know the situation, except that Sup Forums is losing money, it's somewhat reasonable to assume that this won't be fixed quickly. AKA no more Sup Forums for a while.

You're a faggot

go away happeningfag

thats fucked all the threads are shit right now too

but it's literally happening right now, how can you say that?

>the suit is kid sized
>makes a quip when he saves his family from the predator

no new threads?
no image posting?

>push ALL threads past bump limit
......(\_/)
......( '_')
..../""""""""""""\======░ ▒▓▓█D
/"""""""""""""""""""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_@_/

stop Sup Forums censorship

IM2 was far more memorable and entertaining than IM3

Is that Coach hines?

Sounds generic.

you're not the only one brother

>ragtag team
>austistic savant
>nigger quota overfill
>bringing woman to an alien hunting trip
>a fucking mcguffin
>its an estranged father trying to reconnect with his son by giving him dubious space junk episode
>Incompetent predator fucking crashed his spaceship
Did I miss anything

WE
WUZ
PREDATUHZ
N
SHEEYIT

The Muzzies might Jihad us then if they were space-Jihaded themselves.

They should have gotten Terry Crews at least

>PTSD
>estranged son
>autist

Why can't people just be normal dudes

>tfw you were right about Shane Black being a hack and other people are just now realizing it

Make this stop.

>Olivia Munn
Why? Is it that hard to get blowjobs when you make movies?