Is Manchester by the sea worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6W7Qkb96ucE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

No

yea i cride

yes

Worth what? Your precious time on Sup Forums?

How would Sup Forums have handled this situation?

headbutt

Yes

yeah, it's very good.

Casey Affleck is such a little poofter.

I enjoyed it.

Yeah i liked it, came home and had a nice nap afterwards too.

Go to the bathroom to clean up then head straight home

It is very slow but has some good writing and acting i like it, i say it is worth.

>you cunt

You'll cry, you'll laugh, it might even hit too close to home.

Maybe

Is Life worth it, OP?

Is Life worth it?

>Literally nothing happens: the movie
No, it wasn't worth it.

It doesn't. After watch this, it doesn't.

I want to kill myself

pls no user ;_;

>I am autistic and can't read context and nuance, the post.

Hey, I heard another Superman movie is in the works.

you don't fucking get off that easy
fires burn
guns jam
suffering continues unexpectedly

oh, wow, this movie is really catholic

We are christians

Watched this with my parents when I went to visit them. My mom didn't like the ending because she thought it was abrupt and thought he should've tried and gotten back with his ex wife (wtf?). Like stop watching unrealistic and melodramatic bullshit mom jesus fuck.

best film of the century

>stare at eachother
>camera cuts to us making out in the bathroom

it's basically casey affleck rubbing it in his brother's face that he can do autism better than he did in the accountant.

also how in the fuck did his nephew pull in those girls. that kid is a fucking goober and guitar or otherwise he ain't getting shit. immersion totally ruined/10

Is Casey the best Affleck now, since Ben has fallen from grace?

It was boring

Cant quite remember this bit but i would have shot myself

>Isn't even remotely near the sea

When will they stop lying to us?

Definitely.

Besides the heavy drama, it was one of the most genuinely funny movies in recent years, brilliantly executed.

I know right !!
And everybody in the movie has an american accent !
What a hack

Absolute kino, the acting, pacing, drama, and suprisingly in such heavy and kinda depressing movie - humor.

Casey Affleck has one of those faces I want to punch really bad.

This is the only time a map containing the area where I live will ever be posted on Sup Forums

He's been the best Affleck since 2007

Worth what? Worth seeing? Yes. Top 5 of 2016.

Based Casey has always been the best Affleck

No it's so boring

Can't get enough of this masterpiece.

Go to sleep kiddo.

Feel kino

amazing, one of the few movies in the last years that I wanna watch again.

It's literally /ourmovie/ forever and ever. A must watch if you browse this board.

If you like drama, yes
If you are a pleb, no

what happens here

literally plebbit: the movie

exactly as he did

Roasty wanted to hit on Casey and "accidentally" spilt her beer on him so she could play sorry and start a conversation.
Casey just went full /r9k/ and gave yes/no answers while brushing off all her advances and sat back down in silence to drink his veer while roasty stared in disbelief right next to him.

How can anyone enjoy this movie? What is there to enjoy? He has a terrible life that is made worse with problems he doesn't want and have to solve. HE SPENDS ALL HIS TIME ARGUING FIGHTING DENYING UNWANTED SEXUAL ADVANCES OR CRYING. Every piece of news he gets in this film is bad news.

What is there to like about that? I watched it all and it was horrible, basically torture. I was pretty much expecting someone to have stolen his car in that scene where they lost it.

yeah, movie should be a handbook of how to live your life as an alpha 10/10 robot while BTFOing roastie sluts. Casey "ourguy" Affleck does it again... reminds me of myself

stay mad faggot

redditshits hate this movie because there isn't any forced unfunny try-hardism

Yes.

Though I am biased as I am from the area and enjoyed this depressing look at it.

dishonest flick

So you only enjoy films where it all ends happily for the main character?
The film would make no sense if it all wrapped up nicely in the end.

Also I enjoyed the performances with zero "I'M ACTING", the non cliche narrative, the characters, the editing, the framing and composition where some of the camera placements felt like you are eavesdropping on someone's conversation and you shouldn't be there, the soundtrack, the pacing and the humor (it was funnier than any comedy I saw last year) which worked perfectly and did not break the overall tone.
It's a great realistic character study of a man dealing with grief and life in general, if you didn't particularly like it okay, but to think it's a horrible movie is absurd.

It's the most honest film in recent years my dear amigo friend

go back to plebbit

Fuck off, Britbongs.
We kicked your ass in the revolution and saved your ass in WWII.
The name of Manchester is ours now.
We even gave New Hampshire one.
t. Masshole

>A city with no bodies or water like lakes or oceans

Who the fuck would live there

i enjoyed it, but the ending was kind of abrupt to my plebian sensibilities.

unequivocally yes

Casey will play Ben in his inevitable biopic

yes, one of the rare times when this board recommend a movie and it's actually very good, thanks Sup Forums

Now watch BVS which is better.

Downloading this right now, I'm trusting ya'll.

Hey guys, what's going on?

>Rotherham

Wait a minute, that city...

lel

The only piece of acting he did in the movie, the rest was casey affleck playing casey affleck. Definitely not worth an oscar nominee.
The movie itself was a 7/10 at most

It's me or the editing was really bad there?

>not putting the "Please" at the end in the webm

you had one job user

i cride at this bit as well

Someone needs to make a webm out of the scene where they are loading his wife into the Ambulance. It's fucking hilarious.

Casey Affleck is a bad actor with no range who keeps being put into good movies.

I love this sequence too much.

Every other movie with a scene like this would execute it with him taking the gun and putting it to his head while all the others just look at him "NO DON'T DO IT MAN DON'T DO IT" while he has some 5 minute breakdown monologue "WAAAAA I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE LIFE IS UNFAIR" and starts crying as he lowers the gun or the gun has no bullets.

While this is brilliantly executed with zero cliches, and that "please" that he let's out as they bring him down says more than any 5 minute suicide monologue I've seen.

>The scene where the paramedics try to roll the stretcher in the ambulance and fail was not scripted. The actors actually continued to struggle to get the stretcher in, but Kenneth Lonergan decided not to cut it.

it was top kek

He should have cut it, the film immediately went from dour drama to hysterical comedy.

it's fucking perfect. the comedy of life. it's such a sad and pathetic moment and it works so well.

>the film immediately went from dour drama to hysterical comedy
>immediately

The film is filled with realistic genuinely funny moments, you can almost look at it like a dark comedy with heavy drama.
Patrick's panic attack scene is the best example, a "drama" scene with greatly executed situational humor that doesn't break the tone of the film in no way.

are you fucking retarded? that bit is perfect

you clearly know nothing and should just top yourself right now.

It was just as cliche as any other film and I expected him to do it as soon as he got up. And don't be stupid, he grabbed a cops gun, of course they all dogpiled on him rather than pleading with him not to turn off the safety.

It's only funny to us, as the observer.

When taken in context, it's completely inappropriate. And yes, I honestly did feel like this was a Dark Comedy, like () says but neither the director or actors seem to feel that way. That's why I think it should have been excluded. His kids were just killed, and his house was destroyed, we shouldn't have been laughing.

How many times did you pause the film and pace around your room?

once

but it highlights the random, inappropriateness and comedy of life and death. the scene itself didnt make me laugh per se but sort of cry with how sad it was.

>Plebbiters are actually impressed by the most run of the mill scene ever created

What it must be like to be that simple minded

>but neither the director or actors seem to feel that way

Go on youtube and watch just one single interview/Q&A/roundtable with any of the cast or crew members and you will hear multiple times that humor is a big part of the movie.

I wouldn't really call a stretcher being difficult to fit in an ambulance "hysterical". I mean it was supposed to be funny in an awkward way but i'm not really rolling in my seat laughing like it's the funniest thing ever seen.

saw it in cinema so couldn't, but that bit made me want to rip out my eyeballs

The director really feel it. Damm he's the guy who wrote Analyze This.

Also the director did a cameo as "Great Parenting" guy

youtube.com/watch?v=6W7Qkb96ucE

oh shit i didnt realise that cameo

I had to laugh when he kicked in the kid's door while he was having a panic attack and basically yelled at him to stop panicing.

Yeah, in the dialogue.

There's a lot of typical Masshole/Maine banter, like the scene where Joe is diagnosed with congestive heart failure and Lee is thrashing everybody verbally in the room. I've lived that, I can relate to that.

>contrarians can't form a single actual buzzword free argument against it so they can only shit on people who enjoyed it

What it must be like to be that delusional

Nothing interesting happens to the main character after his kids die. People hate him (shocker). He hates himself (shocker). He doesn't deal with it in any particular way that is interesting, he is just depressed and angry.

This movie has no depth at all, neither in the storyline or the characters. It's a melodrama, and the 5 min long scene with blaring sad classical music is a great example of it. 2+ hours of the director bluntly using every trick in the book trying to force an emotional reaction from the viewer while completely neglecting the foundation of any movie: The story and the characters. The plebeian will fall for this primitive and dishonest strategy, but any true connoisseur will look right through the charade.

>b-but at least the acting is good?

"No!". Are you guys deliberately being dishonest? Because looking at the ground for 2 hours while only displaying a single emotion certainly doesn't impress me.

Now stop making threads about this pleb pleaser on my /tv.