1. Your cunt

1. Your cunt
2. Does it have fat middle aged cosplayers reenacting historical events?

1. America
2. Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiolmFUUGjg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shipka_Pass
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, not all of them.
And 20yo are not interested in reconstructions anyway.

>3 posts
>2 IPs

Robert E. Lee was in his 50s

me and the crew

youtube.com/watch?v=OiolmFUUGjg

But the rank and file soldiers would have been mostly in their 20s, which makes it a little comical to see some baby boomer fatass cosplaying as a Civil War soldier.

si

Is this reenacting the wars of independence against the Ottoman Empire or the war with Serbia in 1885 or what?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shipka_Pass

Real indio macho men VS french nu-male cucks (already gay btw)

>His country doesn't reenact Roman chariot racing

I've heard this discussed online, people have said that it is inaccurate and silly for middle aged guys to be LARPing as front line soldiers who would in reality be late teens-early 20s, but most real 20 year olds don't have the resources/interest to do this glorified Renaissance Fair schtick.

In summer 1862, after the failure of McClellan's drive on Richmond, President Lincoln met with the retired General Winfield Scott and asked him "General, why is it that you were able to take Mexico City in two months with an army of 10,000 men, but we have not been able to take Richmond in three months with an army of 100,000 men?" Scott replied "Because the men defending Richmond are the same ones who helped me take Mexico City."

The entire town of Visby here on the island of Gotland turns medieval 7 days a year.
Not many fat people though.

"Last gentlemen war", amirite

Does Gotland has rich medieval history?
I can only recall that one battle against some Danish king.

Really, World War I was the last time soldiers marched off to the front flags waving and girls throwing flowers at them thinking it would be gallant and heroic.

They found out that it wasn't.

And the town is surrounded by a 11th century wall with 20+ towers guarding it.
Also packed with medieval ruins and such.
>how many towns today have this as an entrance?

Scott's campaign in central Mexico was a masterpiece of military strategy no doubt, even if you have doubts about the morality of the war.

Yes, it has been a key point in Swedish military defense for thousands of years. During medieval times it was a port, royal outpost and stronghold in the Baltic sea.
It is one of Europe's the most well preserved medieval towns, full of old structures and secrets, ruins and dungeons.

This painting of Visby during the 12th century gives you an idea of how life was like here back then. (some of the buildings/streets still exist)

Most of the professional army officers in the Civil War had served in Mexico, which was both good in that it gave them valuable experience, and bad because they learned outdated types of warfare that didn't apply to the more powerful rifled muskets and cannons now in use. The Mexican War was really a lot more like the War of 1812 than anything in the Civil War. Smoothbore weapons, infantry lining up in a row and shooting volleys at each other, armies of 10,000 or fewer men, cavalry fighting with sabres and lances, etc.

Ulysses Grant was a known opponent of the war and didn't think it was justifiable, but that may partially have been because he was a giant Mexiboo and during the French occupation, he advocated helping Benito Juarez drive out the French.

Great White North
Yes, mostly War of 1812 & Seven Years war

Russia
Yes

Yes and I wish I could join in but I'm uncomfortable enough leaving the house in my normal clothes

There are viking festivals off course. Here's some roleplaying about the 1800s when my city used to be a relevant international harbour city, with old farts manning the cannon and a historically accurate filter and everything.

also, we were part of denmark-norway back then and probably involved in some war the danes got us dragged into