Women are useless: the show

>women are useless: the show

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtvs-real-world-contract-you-218251
youtube.com/watch?v=yAWfK5LEGIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me more about this

10 people have to survive on an island for 40 days. They only have the clothes on their back. They can use the money to buy shit, like matches or a machete, but everything costs thousands of dollars. Whoever survives to the end keeps what's left of the money.

I would just buy food and then lie on the beach bored out of my mind for 40 days and collect mad cash. fuck making shelter and fire and whatever else, it's a tropical island. only issue is having to share everything with a bunch of dumbasses who would probably waste all the money on stupid shit.

>Tropical islands are always warm and sunny
>And there are no mosquitoes
>What is water?

Whats the rape policy? Its more of a strategy to get the women off the island

>no shelter
What are tropical storms

>Survive
>TV producers have ethical responsibilities to their participants
>No one is actually in any danger and they would get the shit sued out of them if they starved or get badly hurt
>Tonnes of these "reality" TV island shows
>All bullshit no threat

>No one is actually in any danger and they would get the shit sued out of them if they starved or get badly hurt
People sign their lives away when they do reality TV. Even on a show like The Real World where they're just living in a house they make you sign a waver that it's not their fault if you should get seriously injured or die.

Source
hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtvs-real-world-contract-you-218251
>You may die, lose limbs, and suffer nervous breakdowns. (Stipulation 1)
>You may be humiliated and explicitly portrayed "in a false light." (12)
>Producers are under no obligation to conduct background checks on your fellow cast members. (7)
>Interacting with other cast members carries the risk of "non-consensual physical contact" and should you contract AIDS, etc. during such an interaction, MTV is not responsible. (7)

Before I went on this show, I would watch that guy who makes the houses in the woods you-tube channel daily and learn how to do that shit.
Its amazing that people sign up for these shows, have time to prepare themselves, physically and mentally ,but don't.

A mild inconvenience.

Do you really think they won't intervene if there's flash flooding or someone's life at risk?

I can handle getting wet when it's 75 degrees

Reminds me of Survivor UK
youtube.com/watch?v=yAWfK5LEGIg
Shit is hilarious.

those wavers can be thrown out

>I would just buy food
They're charging a grand for a single can of Pepsi.

You assume the people know what they're in store for. Most of the time they seem to be clueless beyond "MTV reality show".

>that guy who makes the houses in the woods you-tube channel
source?

What sort of mental deficient would buy pepsi max for $1000? You're not even getting calories out of it.

>a billion dollar company doesn't make sure their shit is iron clad before throwing a bunch of lunatics together in a house/island/etc.

>pepsi is actually an option
>burgers can't live without their liquid diabetes

lol

kek i saw that too

maybe it has caffeine

Even better

You could use the can to boil stuff or for fishing maybe.

>Champange

The producers for these shows intentionally select contestants for these shows based on how stupid, obnoxious, ignorant and irresponsible they are, so that they get a good amount of drama out of them for the show.
If they picked normal people who don't have any intellectual or personality deficits, then the show would just be a bunch of people cooperating seamlessly and having a good time, which would boring for the sort of mouthbreathers who watch these shows.

They specifically hire idiots who only want to be on these shows for 15 minutes of fame. Anyone with even a PASSING interest in survival gets weeded out very early on in the selection stage, these shows are made to portray idiots in a negative light so you can sit at home and think about how great you are for not spending a grand on a can of pepsi max.

A show like this with even average intelligence people would just be dull as dogshit, everyone would put together a crummy shelter or pay each other to do it, then chill out while either boiling their own water or paying for it if they're lazy and eating the odd can of beans.

Given how long you can go without food, it'd be utterly trivial to make it out with more than 900k remaining, and you could probably hit 950 if you were willing to work a bit.

someone have the image from the man vs women euro survivor show?

primitive technology

You get a whole gallon of water for $3000? You could buy a gallon every day and still have almost 90% of your money left, this show is a joke.

>mfw one of the women asks the person holding the menu if there's champagne

for the cool delicious flavor of Pepsi Max TM of course, you would be crazy not to pay $1000 for it!

They didn't need water, they had a spring. Though they change locations every few days, so they might in the future.

every one of them has a million to survive or the million is for all of them?

>the money is communal
I'd quit right then and there. A quick look at the site shows that there's a fucking "temptations" trial coming up, where idiots can give away the group's money for the sake of some pointless creature comforts.

Even if all the wasters drop out halfway through, they've got weeks to blow your money on trash, and the eventual prize is practically nothing, 40 grand if you're lucky for 40 days.

If I was making this show, it'd be a social experiment. Try and turn the group against each other, see how absolutely insane people go when someone spills their 3 thousand dollar bottle of water. No communal "we all win" bullshit, whoever has the most money left over at the end of the competition wins. You'd see people actively sabotaging each other to force them to spend more money.

>gook bitch and literal faggot get whisked away for a special temptation challenge
>presented with a 5k option, 15k option, or the ability to go back without spending any money
>they choose the 15k option and pig out

do you really think that shit would hold up in a legitimate court? how old are you?

God this makes me mad.

I'd straight up just murder them. People have died for way less.

Post your law degree

They lied about it when they returned. I can't wait till the others eventually find out. Especially the white alpha men who are already taking control of the game.

>If I was making this show, it'd be a social experiment
That's literally what they're calling it

I mean a legitimate social experiment, not whatever they're calling pranks these days. Whoa, you give people the option to pig out and throw away other people's money without being found out, and they'll do it? Crazy.

i dont need one retard, im a grown man with a basic understanding of the legal system. i pray that you are underaged.

>im a grown man with a basic understanding of the legal system
You don't even have a basic understanding of punctuation.

lol this is Sup Forums moron

>I'd make it a social experiment
That kind of sounds like the angle they're going for

so we'll just assume ur 14 and retarded and move on then

I'd say it's a pretty legit social experiment. You already have the two white alpha males plotting to force everyone else off the island while the beta, faggot, nigger, and women cry about them being meanies and failing to do anything productive. They will be the last two standing, and it will further cement the notion that white men are and always will be superior to all other life forms.

are you a different guy or did you just drop capitalization and punctuation in an attempt to defuse my utter ownage of your faggotry? get out and stay out.

lol i don't normally take advantage of mental deficients online but ur gunna have to try harder

>white men convince enough of the others to vote against buying anything
>white man admits to other white man after the fact that he'd normally have bought the machete, but wants to make life as difficult as possible for the others

*Popcorn time*

Regarding the waver, they hold most of the time regarding experimental medical treatment, which is far more hazardous and doesn't carry the same contractual compensation as the "1M $USD prize" of that TV show.

So while the "I lost weight and got a bit dehydrated so I deserve more money" can sway some judges, most will just laugh their asses off when they learn the participants got rich AND signed a waver, showing they knew very well what could happen and agreed with the risks.

More of it

WAIVER. YOU SIGN A GODDAMN WAIVER. IT'S SPELLED WAIVER NOT WAVER. FUCK

>They change location every few days

Why ?

Autism triggered

they wouldn't pick you to go on the show if you were going to be a boring, logical asshole

They moneys communal, meaning the other dumbshits are going to waste it. I'd expect nothing at the end and just enjoy myself. I would by a can of Pepsi everyday and try to invent something out of the can when I'm done and always say promotional stuff about Pepsi. Then after the show I'd hope I've memed hard enough to become the face of Pepsi in ads and shit.

Don't bother. Yuropoors are retarded.

So people can't get comfortable. They have to constantly be building new shelter, finding new sources of food/water, etc.

>just spent days on a island
>not enough food around
>starved myself a little because I'm not paying $1000 for a daily ration and, fuck, I got some fat I can do away with
>The worst was I had to support those whinning idiots
>Held it together thinking about the prize
>delayed gratification is best gratification
>last day. debriefing time
>What do you mean we only get $500 each ?
>But I didn't spend anyth...
>Murder gaze to the whinning idiots
>"What. Did. You. Do ?"
>"-Sorry user, we were soooo hungry..."

No, but I know what you're talking about.

Do you have personal experience with medical experiments?

Basically Prisoners Dilemma: The Show

I would pig out at every opportunity, live in luxury on a nice island for a month, not worry about others jewing my money.

>Have 1.000.000 $USD to keep 10 people alive for 40 days
>40 days x 10 people x 1 gallon x 3000
>1.200.000 $USD

So even going for water alone, it cannot be done only with the money.

Buy a tarp to use as a water collector dummy.

Also it'll probably rain at least 1/3 of those days.

See

Not the point :
It just means that even for bare necessities, the money alone cannot get you through this if you have to share it with the other idiots.

If it rains enough, yeah, you are probably cool.
Still got to go around the food for 10 people.
You can try to go on a minimal diet and just care for yourself but then the others might just say "screw this. He ain't spending his money so I'll spend it for him and get comfy"

Do you see a lot of people being paid for them, beside the initially agreed amount ?
Because unless people get millions $USD out of it on a regular basis, I guess a TV channel can afford to occasional failure at court.

I would absolutely lose my shit.

they probably get the barest bare necessities for free like on Survivor.

Some rice and beans and a little water

So basically the show is completely rigged in everyway is what you're saying.

>invite one or two normal logical people
>invite about 8 complete idiots and whiny cunts
>do this on purpose so people get entertainment watching the 8 retards piss off the normal people by wasting money
>say "you start with a million dollars!!!!" but price everything so high that you don't really have a million at all in reality
>logical people can't even try to play smart because even if they buy a tent or build a shelter themslves, buy or make a mosquito net, buy minimal food and water just to get by, the show just forces you to go somewhere else and leave your shit behind anyway

As other anons have said, seems like it's impossible to really take or play the show seriously, you might as well just splurge on fancy shit and just have fun yourself. Nobody is winning much money at the end regardless.

So you're just using it as an example? I thought maybe you were a research assistant or a legal aid working for a medical company. I agree with your post btw, I just had some questions about medical experiments if you administered them or some shit.

>you might as well just splurge on fancy shit and just have fun yourself

C...could the 8 idiots actually be the smart ones ?

>you may die or get raped and if you sign it you can't sue heh heh
yeah m8 this wouldn't actually stand in court

See here :

seems like a solid idea, although they would probably cut out any obvious promotional stuff you say. Still if you carry it around all day eventually people will notice.

10 mosquito nets: 50000
3 machetes: 30000
A hatchet: 8000
A shovel: 20000
2 rolls of duct tape:10000
Total spent=118000
Remaining=$882000

As long as the island is semi-habitable you should make it with those tools. Maybe even with less tools.

Where can I get this shit? can't find it up on any site

www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Aussie dude who walks into the bush/forest on his mates property to build/make stuff from scratch. He learned all of what he's doing from books and just wanted to put it into action for shits n giggs.

>3 machetes AND a hatchet

lmao buy 4 pairs of scissors while you're at it

>they lied about it
wait, they don't actually have any way to track their spending? what's the point then

>1 machete
>1 mosquito net
>enjoy the sun

Feels good to make my ancestors proud that Im pretty skilled in bushcrafting.

mtv.com

I don't want idle hands. Idle hands mean gossiping, aka drama.

It will surely come out soon. Probably the next time the group has to vote on buying shit it will say how much money they have left and all hell will break loose.

He probably meant that you can't sue the studio for filming it and then showing it on TV.

You can definitely sue the person who raped you.
You can also try to sue the studio if they don't try to stop it.
But beside that, they warned you it was a possibility that you could get into those situation.
You accepted the risk.

It's their (collective) responsability, I guess.

Where does one torrent this shit cause I don't have any TV sub access to the shit that MTV asks

The waiver would probably hold if you tried to sue for some of the more minor shit.

If you actually died on set and it was the network's fault that piece of paper goes out the window though.

Waivers like this are meant to deter lawsuits or make one difficult. They're not iron-clad though.

oh ffs

This is how America works btw

Define "habitable"

Pic related is habitable if :
- it rains often and heavily enough
- you have a boat
- you can fish
- there isn't many storms

I guess the machetes are now just murder tools begging to used...

>>women are useless: the show
IMPLYING WOMEN ARE USEFUL OUTSIDE OF THE SHOW

DICK SUCKING AND THE SANDWICH ARTS

Someone who works on actual clinical trials here. Informed consent means shit here, it's the bare necessity.

The reason nobody gets to sue a pharmaceutical company for adverse events during a clinical trial is because there's a fuckton of oversight and regulations over every single aspect and stage of a clinical trial. Most of the work IN a clinical trial is dealing with the fucking red tape.

I'd bet my dick that, especially in the US, you can sue the fuck out of them if something happens to you on some reality TV show nonsense where culpability can be in any way established.

What the fuck good would a can of pepsi do? Who would be stupid enough to by a caffeinated beverage in that situation?

>half of them are useless shits
>quit halfway through after spending half the money

That rain collection shit is bunk. You can't collect enough water with that method for even a single person. You're going to have to find a water source or you're fucked.

You can make a good hook with the cap.

Thank you, you're the user I've been waiting for.

Spend all the money, piss everyone off, fuck everything.

Who are you trying to kid, chubby?