Explain to me Sup Forums, what was so great about him except for being le classy reddit goalkeeper...

Explain to me Sup Forums, what was so great about him except for being le classy reddit goalkeeper? He was kinda average in every way possible, from shotstopping to distrubution.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zX7uYjYFnNw
youtube.com/watch?v=ehKeCsutik8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If Buffon was average then the only above average keeper that ever existed is Kahn

Hes top 3 of all time

What was so great about him then?

You can argue that he was never the best keeper in the world at any point, but he has been one of the best keepers consistently for about 20 years now.

Sup Forums:the goalkeeper

Le betting man
Le lying man ( gol-non gol di Muntari )
Le shitty man

ADIEU BUFFOON

2003-08

> He is great because people say he is great

So he is just a meme. Always suspected so

k

he is good at stopping shots that opossing players kick at him

Not more then the average PL goalkeeper.

>average

get the fuck out.

He's goddamn 39. Buffon in his prime was a monster, he and Cannavaro basically carried the team in 2006.

He was insane at shotstopping

Go watch the WC 2006

Not even as good as Fraser Forster, let alone top class English goalkeepers like Tom Heaton and Joe Hart

Why are elementary kids allowed access to internet this late?

175 caps for Italy
Called up for a record 5 World Cups
Only conceded two goals in the 2006 WC
One of the 100 Greatest Living Players according to FIFA and Pele
One of the most decorated GK in history

Have some respect. Gigi is good. We're not canonizing a Pope here, just enjoying a legend who's still with us.

How old are you?

>Joe Hart

youtube.com/watch?v=zX7uYjYFnNw
youtube.com/watch?v=ehKeCsutik8

why do you hate him so much you gotta post this in every thread

>88

Checked

please die

>player is great
>newfags come to Sup Forums and claim he's le reddit player XD becuase they have no other argument to add to their edgy contrarian views

I miss old Sup Forums where people would openly say based buffon and based___ for great players

cuz salty milanista faggot

Reddit likes him because his name is so Italian sounding. This exposes their hypocrisy because while they love that authentic Italian sounding name, they also support flooding Italy with millions of Mohammad Mohammad's.

best keeper ever. 20 yrs at the top. he was 17 when he made his debut

AT LEAST HE WON THE CL THIS YEAR

OH NO HAHAHHA HE DIDNT LMFAO HE GOT ASSRAPED

Obvious troll
Go watch other sports

David Seaman is the GOAT England goalie despite getting meme'd on by a freekick that was closer to the half way line than the goal.

>Buffon

It's not a stereotypically Italian name, it could easily be French

many northeaster surnames here end in -n
>like mine

its a dialect thing I guess possibly coming from medieval french influence

anobody knows why are there so many memes about pirlo on youtube?

Literally Toldo but on a stacked team

kek

Memes are actually an asset to be a GK. More pressure on the attacker = less accurate shots.

Is he as good as he was? No, he's 40. Could Juve find a better keeper? Yes, but not that much better. Would he still make it into the starting team at a lot of PL clubs? Definitely. That's impressive.

Compare him to other keepers his age: Casillas, Given, Carroll, Howard, off the top of my head. They all got horribly exposed and had to drop down various levels to hide it. Buffon didn't.

If you want to talk about meme Italians, talk about Pirlo. He had a good Euro 2012 and rapidly got shitter and shitter afterwards. Meanwhile, dipshits kept parroting the
>aging like le fine wine
bullshit. Definition of a reddit player.

Pirlo was elite in the mid 00's

He's overrated shit.
Dida was better.

>he and Cannavaro basically carried the team in 2006.
Nice joke.
All Buffon did was flop like a bitch on Zizou penalty.

It was Materazzi who carried Italy.

Killing the NT just so he can pass Cannavaro because he's a selfish cunt.
Same as above
All because of the defense(Cannavaro, Materazzi and early on Nesta) + he conceded Zizou PK in the final
Meme list chosen by Blatter
Maybe if you mean loser medals sure

Because he is reddit
Reddit worships him

Both Pirlo and Buffon are reddit

No he wasn't. He was the weakest player of Milan's starting 11 in the glorious 2002-2006 Milan
t. Milan fan

How does it feel that Albania got Panucci from Italy?

Yes, he was, but that isn't when his obnoxious fanbase developed. Ironically they only came along when he started to fade.
>Pirlo is old and lazy, doesn't feel like running
>"Wow, he's so languid. He doesn't need to run, he knows exactly where he's needed."
>makes a gigantic meme pass under no pressure
>"Wow, no one else on the entire planet can play a long ball, can they? What a star!"

The funniest part is when he went to the MLS to pick up a pay cheque and didn't even pretend to give a shit, and they all continued to lick his balls.
>"Oh, he's so aloof and cool."

If you rate Pirlo, there's an 83% chance you listen to the Guardian football podcast, and are a massive pleb.

>the glorious 2002-2006 Milan
*slips in between you and the cl*

>Italian national team
>goalkeeping jersey is blue

wot

You have to be over 18 to post here.

>88
>post about buffon

Also:
>Porco Dio pedofilo cagato dalla madonna deflorata con un trapano da tutti gli angeli in colonna (Porco Dio porca Madonna), che la sbattono contro la croce dov'è inchiodato il porco di cristo dio cacca che sputa teste di bambinello mentre dio girarrosto e stuprapolli azzanna il culo di Gesù polpo infiocinato all'intestino da Padre Pio che annega nella diarrea sanguinolenta di San Giuseppe ricchione mentre Madre Teresa si scopa nel culo venti mazzi di cazzi di lebbrosi e si beve la sborra e condita coi succhi anali di Padre Pio vomitandola addosso a Don Matteo, che è solito infilzare San Sebastiano con la forcella della bici sodomizzandolo coi sandali di Cristo appena estratti dalla fica della Maddalena che spruzza il suo mestruo sui fedeli che, inneggiando bestemmie contro gli apostoli che si masturbano di fronte alla foto di San Crispino e, solfeggiando rutti, ficcano dita in culo a San Pietro per farlo eiaculare tramite stimolazione interna della prostata mostrandogli allo stesso tempo la fica slabbrata della troia di Santa Rita stuprata da quel coglione del papa che intanto inneggia a dio impestato fruttolo rancido defecando cotolette di maiale mangiate il venerdì santo insieme a San Pietro che incide a Mosè un pentacolo sulla cappella mentre Ratzinger si spalma su un palo col Ciao Piaggio perché lo Spirito Santo gli infila la lingua in culo fino al pancreas perché giocando a playstation ha bestemmiato troppo poco la madonna cui la passera puzza di broccolo bollito e che guarda su YouTube i filmati di San Tommaso che si brucia i peli pubici e infila lo scroto in una friggitrice accesa da San Benedetto da Norcia che balla la lap dance con un salame infilato su per il culo*

dida was never the same after being hit by the flare and you know it

World class from 1999 - 2017
No. 1 GK in the world from 2003 - 2008

I've been watching him since 2002 and I think I've only ever seen him commit two horrible mistakes (in irrelevant Serie A games), he's one of the best shot stoppers ever, he's extremely smart and secure. He also managed to stay as one of the best for 20 years, just look at his closest rival, Casillas, being younger than him, Iker peaked for a shorter time and declined earlier.

Also, the fact that he decided to stay at Juventus in the Serie B in the best moment of his carreer is what makes him so lovable for reddit

>Given

The man is a manlet superhero. He has no right to be as good a keeper as he his at 5'7".

>In 2000, Buffon risked a four-year prison sentence for falsifying a high school accounting diploma in order to enrol for a law degree at the University of Parma, and ultimately paid a 6,350,000 Lire fine in 2001; he later described the incident as his biggest regret in life, stating that it had been a dishonest gesture.[394][429][430][431]

kek

This. If you don't rate Gigi, please don't ever post in a football thread again.

>everything I don't like is re ddit
Go back to redd it

>goalkeepers can be legends

2006 Buffon was the greatest GK ever.

Buffon was the undisputed best goalie in the world for six or seven years straight.

>fascist, or at the very least filo-fascist
>blaspheme
>unfaithful husband
>addicted to betting
>can't resist cheating his way through life
Buffon is literally the Italian everyman.

buffon more like BUFFOON amirite

Buffon is the last remnant of Serie A from the 90s back when it was the GOAT league. Makes me sad that he's going to retire and that period of football will be forever resigned to history

Can't believe we won't be hearing his horrible singing anymore.

He was part of the Italy squad at the 1998 World Cup so his absence is a bit disappointing, but that's all. Still holds the record for taking part in the most World Cup squads.

He seemed upset that the audience booed at the Swedish national anthem yesterday. He can be le reddit classy for all I care but he deserves respect for sportmanship and passion

he has great positioning, headers and shots just seem to come to him magically

He's a literal fascist. That's what's so great about him and Reddit doesn't even acknowledge it.

He was good, but not enough to win an UEFA Champions League

Real GK here.

What I hate about goalkeepers today, is how the commentators keep jerking off to average saves.

When Ronaldo scores a tap in, you never hear anyone saying "HURR ITS THE GOAL OF THE YEAR", but when a guy like Buffon stops a completely harmless shot you hear guys go nuts "WHAT A SAVE, BEST GK IN HISTORY DURR".

So off course if for 20 years you hear people saying he's the greatest for delivering average performances, you end up believing it's the truth.

Mandanda pls go

> no more Buffon, Totti or Pirlo
Fuck this year t.b.h.

/ourgoalie/

>rating a GK on PKs

>le reddit
Americanism reached Norway?

He was kiterally the best goalkeeper in histpry. I never saw Yashin, but i saw whole 90s and 00s and 10s, and Buffon is two heads ahead of any cassiliases, neuers(big meme), de geas or donnarumas. They are/were very good, but he was/is on another level, just by skill and reliability level

,>Could Juve find a better keeper? Yes
Who? Really who? (Noone)

>He had a good Euro 2012
Are you 1999 born? Pirlo literally was one of the best middfielders of 2005-2015. Not great like iniesta, but still super reliable and high class.
He wasnt very loud and scoring many goals, he was just solid season by season.

>le classy reddit goalkeeper
>Buffon
>classy
>average
What the fuck.

>possibly coming from medieval french influence
Not really. It's actually pretty much the opposite phenom as french: frenchies tend to lose consonants that stay in written language, whereas north eastern italians lose vowels that stay lost both in written and pronounced language.
I mean take the surname Valier, which exist as a false cognate in both Venetian and French, but with very different pronunciations: valiERR vs valiè. Pretty much opposite emphasis.

>literal nazi fascist

/ourguy/