Why do critics love movies with no plot where nothing happens?

Why do critics love movies with no plot where nothing happens?

makes u think

because cinema goes way beyond muh plot

Sooooooo why are a whole bunch of movies using this colour scheme lately?

Because they want to feel superior to the plebs and therefore they only praise artsy stuff and hate things that normal people like. The art community is all about elitism. It's just like that with music too. This shouldn't be news.

people say this is like Chungking Express.

Isn't that hilarious?

It's A24's staple

Do you really think they are behind colour choices in cinematography, editing etc?

Because there's not a single white person in the movie.

But thats not arrival

plot is the least important element of film. I mean look at the good the bad and the ugly it's a glorified treasure hunt spread across 150 minutes but it's magnificent.

the blacks
the gays
no crackas
I T ' S S O B R A V E

spooky

whaat is plot

This

how the fuck is Boyhood a fantasy movie lmao

hue

If you want fucking action go dig up Paul Wall and watch the next Fast and Furious you fucking pleb

It's the emperors new clothes. All these oscar bait movies have a certain artsy feel to them, people think this is what a quality movie looks like, but are too stupid to realize they are praising a hollow imitation

idea: movie with no plot about a boy where the same actor plays him for 12 years

"muh art" reasons

>these are real people, on what would supposedly be an art board
I guess it's better to believe this is all satire, and there's no retards around

That's exactly what's so great about it, it focuses solely on how shit and dysfunctional Black communities are without bringing Whites into the picture, and especially not blaming them for it.
Also,
>UNDERAGE
>GAY
>BLACK
>SEX SCENE

because life has no plot

>it focuses solely on how shit and dysfunctional Black communities are without bringing Whites into the picture, and especially not blaming them for it.
this. if you hate moonlight you can't claim it's because you hate white guilt movies, it's just because you hate movies with black people in them

can't have plotholes if you don't have plot

Fuck off it was boring as shit, even if it was about a white dude
Some black guys gay and his mothers worthless. Fucking nothing happens for two hours, no one is even shot, I don't care about movies where nothing significant happens.

>Fucking nothing happens for two hours, no one is even shot, I don't care about movies where nothing significant happens.

here's your ((you))

Because critics don't care about how good a film is.

They just care whether or not it ticks all the correct boxes on their little chart of Liberal social values.

>nothing significant happens
the main theme is repression, that's kind of the point. besides, the movie is literally three significant events in the lifetime of a young man. if the only shit that qualifies as "significant" to you is death and violence you need to lay off the video games

You can tell when someone is plebeian when they use a "no plot" argument in an obvious character piece

Which boxes does Boyhood fill exactly?

>ticks all the correct boxes on their little chart of Liberal social values
you didn't watch it, did you?

they literally mean it uses the same colours and that's it

Film is a visual medium, the written narrative should only be one of the tools to deliver the visual narrative told through framing and composition with the perfomances ofcourse.
Tarkovsky is the best example, the plot is there just to serve the visual narrative, you can't just retell the plot points of his films to someone because his films are much more than "clever scripts".

It's just that you're used to grand events in films with countless twists and turns so you developed some hard preconceived expectations of how should every film be structured.

Also, I didn't like Moonlight aswell, but the "it's boring and nothing happens" is an absurd argument.

>don't care about movies where nothing significant happens.

But it was full of significant moments.

The "It took 12 years to make" one.

>no plot
how could you say this film had no plot? it's a very obvious progression of events throughout the man's life

How is that a liberal social value?

A plot is when someone get robbed or shot or there's a bank heist or deries of bank heists.

Hell Or High Water for example, was a brilliant movie with a lot of fucking plot and much better than this shit.

>crime and violence are the only plot devices
kek

The critics love giving high scores and great reviews to films that make them look good.
Critic's job is 99% PR.

>A plot is when someone get robbed or shot or there's a bank heist or deries of bank heists.

wow nice definition of a "plot" there, mister gunz and splozions man

>real people with different opinions oh god the horror
back to your safe space

This.

Every time I hear someone complain about MUH PLOT in movies, I instantly know that they're a retard pleb.

more plot than you worthless shitty life LMAO

>real people with different opinions
Sup Forums retards and crossposters who come here to shitpost is more like it

Why? The plot will always be the most important thing about a movie.

Is this a good movie? Will itforce SJW crap down my throat?

Itt: plebs who think that if there isn't a giant blue beam shooting into the sky at the end there isn't a plot.

If this movie doesn't have a plot than neither does American History X. It's a character study.

There's no SJW shit, the audience isn't lead into any particular way of thinking. The style is beautiful but austere and you're left to make your own judgements about what's happening.

All you idiots that think character is above plot are stupid. Every TV writer that has ever said this has gone on to make some of the worst finales possible.

>caring about "plot"

>all art must strictly follow traditional narrative structure, anything even slightly unconventional will confuse and anger me!

The very definition of a pleb.

>The plot will always be the most important thing about a movie.

Nice headcanon.
Stalker and 2001 sure have some strong plots right

At least they have plots. Too bad Stalker is ruined by all the """deep""" conversations every ten minutes.

crazy good acting thou

>caring about "movies or tv"

>Plot

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FUCK OFF, FAGGOT

because cinema is a language

Shit movie """critics""" say.

>'''''critics'''''
Why so insecure?

because it is "realistic" and it is a slice of life.

I actually thought the first 2 acts were GOAT, but the last act did not offer any payoff and things just sort of happned. It probably would have been one of my favorite movies of the eyar, but the last act was such ass, and yes I know nothing is supposed to happen in the last act because THATS HOW REAL LIFE IS. I watch movies to be entertained and the last act was not entertaining.

Because plebs need to have every fast paced and action packed like their videogames.

Agreed. The Oscars are pretentious bullshit and it's voters are retarded pieces of shit who get off to anything that seems remotely deep even if it's absolute shit like niggerfaggot the movie. Why wasn't Deadpool nominated is beyond human comprehension

I don't if this post is satire or not. Either way, pure cringe

Plot doesn't matter. Plot is simply one method of storytelling. What matters is progression and narrative.

It's completely ridiculous that Mahershala Ali will win the oscar. His role was quite ordinary and on top of that, really fucking short. All the other male cast members were superior. Even his role on Luke Cage was more oscar-worthy.

The movie was also ok at best. Lot of overrated movies this year.