CHEER UP MATE

>CHEER UP MATE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p6Eaz-1_3iA
youtu.be/b8rsOzPzYr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a quote from the same movie as the picture you posted.

Where are you hoping this thread would go?

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE LARGE SIZE OF MEN

FOR YOU
FOR YOU FOR YOU FOR YOU

There is no bright side of life.

Well this guy has two dubs - I think by the rules of the internet, he has "won teh internetz" and this becomes a new meme.

Yes there is you just refuse to look at it

Impressive

>captcha
Very nice

How much longer do they have left, bros?

Chapman checked out 30 years ago.

Jones now has dementia and can no longer speak.

I give all of them five more years, tops.

They're already dead.

One day you'll grow up and understand that you are wrong.

When life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten. And that's to laugh and dance and smile and sing!

One day you'll get your head out of your ass and realize I'm right
Or you won't and you'll die a sad depressed mess, maybe even by your own hand, either is fine by me

I really hope you reconsider your stance on life soon. I don't want you to be surprised when it goes downhill.

Chapman=>Jones=>Idle=>Cleese=>Gilliam=>Palin

I'm prepared for the worst, bud. Are you?

>I'm prepared for the worst
They all say they are, until shit hits the fan.

>Are you?
It doesn't matter. We are all gonna die anyway.

Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each

TIL Life of Brian only exists because George Harrison wanted to see it.

>It doesn't matter. We are all gonna die anyway.
Exactly, so you might as well try to enjoy because you have no reason not to.
There's your brightside. If you're not convinced then you may as well kill yourself right now.

There is also no reason to enjoy it. Everything tastes like shit given enough time, delusion is the only thing that makes us keep going.

I think your life just sucks lmao

Yes, because delusion is the main meaning-making tool of humanity - it's what enables us as a society to engage with the world and survive by "making a working sense" of what surrounds us.

You're not smart or deep by stating that "delusion is the only thing that makes us keep going", you're stating a well-known, fruitfully ignored inanity that has been shat around for millennia - and in doing so, you just end up holding a big neon sign over your head with "I'M DISABLED AND I CAN'T PROPERLY FUNCTION IN THIS WORLD".

Or maybe, as evidenced by the fact you're on this site writing, you're just as deluded (thankfully) as everyone else is.

I'm almost certain OP I'd hoping for a British """"""comedy""""" thread

And what's so wrong about telling that life sucks? I simply refuse to believe that existence has any upsides.

>Or maybe, as evidenced by the fact you're on this site writing, you're just as deluded (thankfully) as everyone else is.

Not really. I just kill time until the end.

>Not really. I just kill time until the end.

NO DELUSION HERE BOYS, THREAD'S UP, EVERYONE GO HOME NOW

I haven't said there's something wrong (the mere fact you use wrong as a moral category is telling about your allegedly pure vision of reality) with saying life's got no upsides - I don't give a shit about that. You're just proving my point (by the way, that was my first post) about how we delude ourselves to keep functioning in the world. In the words of Joan Didion, "we tell ourselves stories in order to live": yours is just darker and more nihilistic in appearance, but it's just another facet of our shared mental tools to cope with reality.

tl;dr

There's no upside or downside to life unless you adhere to a value framework, in which case you're already deluding yourself - you just do it in the way that you feel, subconsciously or not, to be more profitable for you as a human being situated in a particular situation.

What exactly is delusional with what I said? It's simple fact.

And how does being a nihilist and/or pessimist profit me, exactly?

You calling it a "fact" is already delusional - like it or not, the last two centuries have beat this kind of knee-jerk empiricism into a pulp.

There is no upside because "upside" is a human category that you apply to your life-in-the-world to navigate it, to cut down what you experience into mentally manageable blocks and then behave around them. The same could be said for downside or whatever other category you want to use.

And anyway, you identifying yourself as a nihilist/pessimistis helpful because it helps you model in advance your responses to external and/or internal stimuli by already having a "pre-mapped" series of reactions (including, for example, detachment, the unwillingness to assign moral value to what surrounds you), thus sparing time, potential pain and other shit. In synthesis, it makes you more efficient and resilient to the perils of existing - you could say that cult mentality is helpful for those living it, too, for example. You get what I'm saying?

I don't get it. It looks like pep talk though, so pretty much bullshit.

You subhuman cunt.

>Trying to reason with an edgy teenager who thinks he's the only real person in a society of sheep

Stop, user. It's useless. He doesn't seem intelligent enough to allow information that makes him rethink anything to pass though his mind.

>new meme

Not exactly.

That's like saying Apollo 7 only existed because of the guy that tightened the last bolt.

A lot of other shit had to come together as well as Harrison stumping up some money.

Now don't say such things. Only happy thoughts, no?

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Who are you?

Nice strawman ad hominem you absolute retard

Seriously, who?

The only realist here.

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS?!?

It's a very typical reaction when you don't have grounds for your argument.

As if he wasn't already the best Beatle.

>I don't get it
Exactly, because you have your head too far up your own ass
Just the fact that that post seems likepep talk to you is indicative of it.
Its not pep talk. Its about how everyone copes with being alive, even you. If you couldn't cope then you would've killed yourself by now, but since you haven't clearly you see some purposein continuing to live.
So that you're going to live life is a given, yes? Now tell me, would you rather live a life you enjoy or a life you hate? You say it doesn't matter, but it does. It matters to you. Do you break your own fingers because it doesn't matter? Of course not, even though no one would care if you had broken fingers but you.
Do you see what I'm saying?

Monty Python, in it's entirety, is not funny. Cannot prove me wrong.

Avoiding pain is only natural, it doesn't mean that I secretly enjoy life, it means I don't want to suffer injury. You may call that cowardice or self-preservation.

There is nothing to like about life, it's simple. The best I can do is simply not care.

Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy yours, that's fine. I just think it's a waste of time.

PEOPLE CALLED ROMANES THEY GO THE HOUSE?

>Avoiding pain is only natural.
Yes. As is seeking pleasure.

>He needs his comedy to be funny

Pleasure is fleeting but suffering is constant. Since physical pain is worse than psychological pain, wallowing in misery is quite rational.

You are the edgiest edge that has ever edged

Whatever you say user. Better work on your edge tolerance because you'll not survive in the real world.

The Ghosts of Hume and Descartes will rape you in the ass tonight for that idiotic reference to the "real world", untermensch.

>Hume and Descartes
Who were they? Your boyfriends?

I don't have psychological pain to wallow in. Maybe the physical mechanisms of your brain are causing you to have depression? Have you ever considered that everyone's mind may not be a carbon copy of yours?

>Have you ever considered that everyone's mind may not be a carbon copy of yours?

That applies to you as well, friendo. The only difference is that I'm right.

That doesn't make sense. You're implying that everyone should embrace being miserable all the time because that is the default and I'm saying that it isn't the default feeling for everyone. To sit down and make myself miserable would require more effort than to make myself feel fine.

All of your posts seem to imply that your worldview is right because it is the path of least resistance. Being miserable isn't the path of least resistance for most people. They don't have to actively try not to hate life.

Crucifixion? You lucky, lucky bastard.

CENTURION, I'M BRIAN

What are you even referencing? What's Hume got to do with it?

Always look on the bright side of death

I didn't imply such a thing. I just stated that life sucks. If you enjoy it, good for you.

>G-good for you!
>After spending an hour arguing why it's objectively right to hate life.

Wew.

Stop breathing, scum.

Not the anti life guy here, but...

>tfw David Benatar has proven that it's *always* a net loss to be born, and yet people still argue about this as if it were up for debate

I'm the guy who tried to make a point about delusion being an inherent, useful quality for humanity. Would you mind linking something about what you said?

I mean, the whole "life is beautiful, life is shit" debate is pathetic - life is the act of living, performance in living is a matter of efficiency and tactics. I don't care about morals - but it's always interesting to read something new and well written, as this proof you talk about sounds like.

>life is the act of living, performance in living is a matter of efficiency and tactics
>I don't care about morals

You sound like a pretty smart guy, why don't you google it?

Don't ever post on my board again.

I can't link you to anything online as I'm only familiar with Benatar's printed essays and the book where he elaborates on his idea. It's called "Better Never to Have Been", and it's been out for a while now without anyone being able to present a robust counter. If you want a very brief overview of the crux of his argument, you can google Benatar's Asymmetry.

Benatar's position isn't that "life is shit", by the way. He just proves that if you accept merely one simple premise (the premise that suffering is a negative thing for the sufferer), then the imposition of life, i.e. giving birth, is inherently unjustifiable. He also talks about the various biases and evaluative fallacies that lead to us generally overestimating the "goodness" of our lives.

What did I say to elicit such a reaction?

Sorry for simplifying the argument, it was just for the sake of brevity. Thanks for the recommendation, by the way, I'm not really familiar with antinatalist literature since it's not my field of study. Much appreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=p6Eaz-1_3iA

one of the best scenes in comedy

We can all agree that the Biggus Dickus scene was the best, right?

The very existence of people like you annoys me, not that you care.

You aren't supposed to consume it in its entirety, so how it is in its entirety is irrelevant.

I do care, it makes me happy - at least, it makes me obscurely feel what I personally and socially define as happiness.

Savor it user, it won't last. It will go away just like everything else.

fedora get out

Oh, yes. But what a wonderful dawn does a nuclear holocaust make, just for a few seconds - the beauty of an age, corpsified in an instant, with a gravestone: here lies eternity, captured by an istant's understanding.

Did you write that yourself or did your parents help you?

Ach, such a burn. I feel like a Jew's corpse in a Birkenau oven - crackling, elated, ready for a new mode of being. Thank you, user, you helped me reach a new plane of existence.

i love this poster

Stop replying to your posts.

Aw, come on. You really think I wouldn't baroque it up if I was to reply to my own posts? All thanks to this misguided pre-Rapphaelite user who appears to be enjoying my shit, but really: my style is not his, as it isn't yours (you poor, Poor Art sod). Give me some credit mate, and please: do resort to some kind of better stratagem than just crying shitposting. This is Sup Forums, darling: we expect quality in our banter.

I wasn't aware of any banter, or any discussion for that matter.

>NOW FUCK OFF
>...
>How shall we fuck off master?

Holy Grail > Life of Brian

'no'

Ob you poor, poor willingly unawere bastard.

Since I was watching Opera, I'll delight you with an amazing piece of art

youtu.be/b8rsOzPzYr8

The Meaning of Life is their full length movie, honestly

Objectively incorrect

Sorry, I meant

Life of Brian is a better film.
Holy Grail is more for you if you like loosely connected sketches in a very good disguise.
Meaning of Life is for those that like loosely connected sketches with no disguise.

I don't understand

Kanker

You're nicked.

A POINTED STICK!?!

That's an amazingly good description, mirrors my setiment as well. Of course, you could like the entire trilogy, each film for one specific reason.

Just listen to it, or watch the wacky movie rendtion: Dario Argento's Opera. One of his last good movies.

nigga i aint misguided dont judge me bruv

Why? You are not helping me here.

No offense meant brah, it was all quixotic like

A crusade of sorts, in a world of dark condos and nihilistic, post punk vampires

I'm so fucking high

Because Giallo movies will open you up to the meaning of life. It's a post-modern myth, the splatterpunk rendition of our survival mores we all have hidden in our subconscious as a species.

It's very important to understand ourselves, don't you think?

I don't care to understand more than I do, so it won't work, sorry. Besides, I don't buy all the gene-thing you say, seems very convenient.

ah i got you man no harm done bro. just puff puff pass that shit dont hog all the marijujujuiana