Literally nothing can top this

Literally nothing can top this.
Masterpiece

no ones going to reply to this thread

its true though

4k blu ray when?

2010 was better

>a mechanical view of mechanical things and mechanical men made by a mechanical man using a mechanical camera

Tree of Life does a better job of making no sense.

LANDSCAPE

what do you mean by that?

get the fuck out kiddo

One word: Solaris

It's not about machines, it's about technology having a severe impact in our lives to the point we are losing our identity as human beings.

The only downside i can think of might be the FIRST time you watch it.

wasn't there a 70mm Scan IMAX release?

Utterly boring. So much cinematic wankery makes for a movie that doesn't actually entertain, it just showcases the effort that went into production.

For all intents and purposes it really is the king of kino.

tell me how much merch of bb-8 do you have?

None, that was shit too but not because it was boring.

A beenie and a small figure

Ah yes, the original dude weed movie.

It's an extremely cold and mechanical movie shot by a man who is a walking machine of cold perfect geometry.

what does that even mean?

Wouldnt watch this shit again for $500

you forgot the ascended knio

Literally nothing can make me go to sleep quicker

There is not one moment of humanity or emotion in the movie

t. ADHD

>wasn't there a 70mm Scan IMAX release?
there is a 70mm print as the PCC are showing it, but they need to stick that shit on a bluray

GOAT SCI-FI MOVIES

1. 2001
2. The Matrix
3. Day the Earth Stood Still
4. Gattaca
5. Moon
6. The Terminator
7. Minority Report
8. A.I
9. Sunshine
10.Total Recall

> I truly enjoy this movie, over the year i've aquired a very fine taste for kino
> plebs need to get on this level, enjoyement is for the lesser minded.
> please think im special

Such a fucking pretentious movie, I enjoyed the pretty colours tho.

I saw hundreds of movies but nothing ever came close to 2001.

>Tree of Life makes no sense
>2001 makes no sense

2001 is superior to Solaris in every way

is this supposed to be criticism?

>2001 is superior to Solaris in every way
Only because we never got a decent adaptation of Lem's work.
Lem should be another Philip K. Dick in the adaptation department.

>Grand Prix
>Ben-Hur
>Lawrence of Arabia

All good contenders.

>is this supposed to be criticism
Movies need emotion or else they're a slideshow

Is 2010 worth watching as someone who loved 2001?

It's shit but it explains some things from 2001

I prefer the first cyperpunk movie ever made

What are the themes of this movie?

2001 movie>Solaris movie
Solaris book>2001 book

>2001 better than solaris
>mfw

its too fucking slow for me, I feel asleep twice the first time I watched it.

Well, tell us why Solaris it's better

I meant

Seriously though, the only movie that I think surpasses this is the 1996 Hamlet film starring Kenneth Branagh. That film made me feel an attunement with all of humanity before me, so I'd say it's better or that it's at least a tie.

God, everything flows so fucking well. Every camera movement, every motion in the frame. Kubrick was a genius.

>No Bladerunner
>No Alien

>Literally nothing can top this
Wrong.

>Terminator, not T2
>No District 9
>no alien
>no blade runner
>a bunch of movies heavily based upon just jerking off about effects

>Gattaca
>Jerking off about effects

pls

speaking of making no sense.

Don't get me wrong, 2001 is (mostly) a beautifully done film, I love the sets, the flow, the camera angles, but Kubrick screwed it up by changing the conclusive ending of the book to the film's ambiguous ending, making it just feel like he wanted to dick around with effects more than anything else.

I am a pleb though.

Aaaaw. Baby's first "patrician" film.

>T2 is better than Terminator

Go back to /r/MCU

>Bladerunner
meh
> Alien
thats mostly horror

I haven't seen a marvel film except deadpool since 2013.

Youre talking out of your fucking ass you pretentious weeb. Theres a difference between precision and attention to detail and "mechanical-ness".

Obsession, dedication and craftsmanship are all human qualities and all reflect a certain aspect of the human condition, beyond that this movie takes risks that are epitome of the human spirit. To experiment, to be bold, to be daring are all reflective of a human auteur. Your favourite director could never, in a million years, have thought of something so beautiful as the final sequence of this film. Quit film you fag.

>Sunshine
>not Soalris

Why dono't put Event Horizon too then?

also
>no Arrival

It's got flaws you can drive a moon buggy through.

For those who don't get it, THE WHOLE HAL 9000 PLOT IS IRRELEVANT FILLER.

This user gets it:

The monolithvrepresents the mystery of life, both terrifying and mesmerizing, we then try to integrate it, become it or whatever, which happens in the end when humanity dies and is reborn as something else, (cosmic foetus). It's an alazing movie, it only talks about things that are always present, it doesn't point to anything outside of the collective experience. Shabzwaba

But none of that has anything to do with the characters or story and conveys no emotion. Saying that something is good just because you crafted something shiny? Purely the most shallow way of approaching film. And as to the final sequence, it too is a sterile series of images with no emotional impact whatsoever aside from dudebro pseuds like you to go "Wow so creative, man" while everyone else sits there and goes "It's pretty, but is it art?"

oh my gosh no. It's about how the structure, how the film was made on a meta level which ADDS meaning, not detracts, but adds meaning to the film.

Consider the nature of science, consider what the film is trying to say about humanity, about our ideology post enlightenment, then think about what kubrick is doing through a meticoulous, objective method to filmmaking. Through sprase dialouge, through the juxtaposition of art music and the cold emptiness of space. Had anyone attempted that before? It's so mind bogglingly brilliant I cant even think of how he came up with it.

Like Marshall McLuhan said "the media is the message". Just because a film does not follow a certain style of filmmaking with extensive dialouge talking about their feels and shit doesn't make it "inhuman".

>extensive dialouge talking about their feels and shit
I never said that once
You can convey emotion through images
Kubrick didn't though, he's a robot.

have you even seen the movie or are you just memeing?

It's such a cold empty movie. The "shocked stares" don't evoke any emotion, and the long shots of sterile empty space and the spaceship are ONLY impressive on a technical level. Kubrick was a better photographer than a filmmaker.

>The monolithvrepresents the mystery of life

Huh. Looks like you're wrong on both the literal and figurative representations in the movie. Try again.

quit film.

Kubrick should have.

His contemporaries were better.

Quin really thinned out

> tfw Arthur C Clarke was a paedophile living in Sri Lanka sodomizing young children

MOONCHILD
M O O N C H I L D

> Tipped off about the story, the Sunday Mirror sent Mr Johnson to Colombo, where he extracted an confession from the author(Clarke) that he paid boys for sex. "I have never had the slightest interest in children – boys or girls. They should be treated in the same way. But once they have reached the age of puberty, then it is OK," Mr Clarke was quoted as saying in the Sunday Mirror. "If the kids enjoy it and don't mind it doesn't do any harm … there is a hysteria about the whole thing in the West."

>Literally nothing can top this.
>Masterpiece
pic related

Holy shit balls