Away goals

>Away goals

What's wrong? The rule is easy to understand: all goals scored by the away side in a tie count double.

Man, North Americans are annoying as fuck when it comes to sports.

>"The ruling on the field is overturned, the runner was down by contact"

wat
pls be joking

But that's arbitrary and dumb

Better than settling it over a knee-off.

away goals are a tiebreaker, our schedules are tight, most of the time there's no time for rematches that's why we don't do them anymore, and nobody likes penalties, so the more options to avoid them the better.
I have no fucking clue what that anglo was on about with them counting double though

I don't like handegg so I guess

it's easily the dumbest tiebreaker in sports

what sport?

This. And one is literally a coin toss.
>after review, the player fumbled the ball reaching for the pylon, and recoverd it out of bounds, thusfore the ruling on the field of a touchdown is overturned, Safety.

the home team has the advantages of not having to tavel and having their supporters right there. scoring away goals is most definitely to be rewarded, and using them as a tiebreaker seems absolutely reasonable

football

no its not lmao. They have overtime and ties in football. Canadian and American rules, both college and professional.

Popped in here quickly to have a sneaky laugh at Italy before muh wagecucking office job kills me a little more inside.

Hehhehehehehheheheheheheheh

It's pretty good though, away teams tend to play defensive, but the rule incentives them to attack. It works great.

I don't know what you're talking about

why dont they just have ties or sudden death continous OT when applicable with reset substitutions.

Doesn't anyone actually double the goals though? It's always just "team a wins on away goals". Never actually see the score get doubled. I suppose it doesn't matter as in knockout ties as not group record to match against other teams

no, they don't count double, I have no idea as to why he said that.

Or... you could just play game 3 if the two teams have won a leg.

this. It truly shows how fucking retarded foot fairies are. Even fat fucking american could figure out you are supposed to make a series out of an odd number.

read this our sport goes on all year round, there's no "football season" because our attention span isn't that short since we're not americans.

its a meme

people still fall for it, nobody more so than the ones who don't watch football because they wish to believe that the sport is dumber than it is

sorry I obviously meant read thisI'm on my phone :^(

They also make the home team play defensive, making it a snorefest 9/10 times.

oh, alright.
I had to explain a swede yesterday that they don't count double, your workings perhaps?
I genuinely can't believe that people are falling for it

>our sport goes on all year round,
Then how do you fucking win?
I get you dont need the rest, conditioning, training camp etc. And there are no competing sports. But you have like Champions League, Euro whatever, the world cup etc. These should all have continous OT. Watching the world Junior Hockey tournament go to a shootout made me want to blow my fucking brains out. I cant imagine an actual pro game or what it would be like as a soccer fan.Fine no rematch, continous OT. if its insignificant enough that they cant fit it with scheduling a tie is fine. But anything important do an odd number series or at least continuous OT.

Take tonight's game. It's finely balanced at 0-0 after the first tie, but if Denmark score they're effectively 2-0 up because of the double away goals rule, meaning Ireland would need to score twice and win 2-1 on the night in order to force extra time and penalties.

its 2017, its not like air travel is some kind of hardship anymore. sawker teams fly in chartered jets and get chauffeured to the games. games in europe are usually less than a 3 hour flight away. thats hardly stressful enough to warrant that being a tie breaker.
nba/nhl teams travel over 20,000km in a season and away stats arent ever a tie breaker.

penalty shootouts are absolute cancer, yes, but away goals are fine.
you can't have unlimited OT becaus it's too much physical strain for players and that'd be too detrimental for their next game (rmember our tight schedule, WC games are 3-4 days apart for example), and if you paly an odd number of games whoever gets to play home twice has an advantage, also several games series are awful to watch, really boring knowing that the important game is the last one, why watch the rest?

that's not how it works and you know it, stop memeing me pls

do Americans ever get bored with being the most stupid people on the planet?

>several games series are awful to watch, really boring knowing that the important game is the last one, why watch the rest?
thats how 2 legged series work right now. 0-0 is literally encourged under this system. just park the bus in the first leg and go for the win in the 2nd.

>you can't have unlimited OT because it's too much physical strain for players.
God why are soccer players such primadonnas. Its supposed to be a fucking physical strain its the top tournaments in the top level of sports. I said they could reset substitutions.
> WC games are 3-4 days apart for example
What? NHL playoff games are every other day with some back to back. And that is a full contact sport on ice with continuous Sudden Death OT. Am I being memed on? The longest hockey game was like 8.5 hours. Add ab additional halftime if you need it.
>, and if you paly an odd number of games whoever gets to play home twice has an advantage
Nowhere near as much of an advantage as just being handed the win/tittle. Id rather play a second away game then just lose by some arbitrary tie breaker.
>also several games series are awful to watch, really boring knowing that the important game is the last one, why watch the rest?
Are you ADD? I mean why watch The first half if you know the second one is the one that matters. Hell why not just watch injury time? I mean it's not like you even know which game would be the deciding game.

Can you point to the Americans being dumb in this thread? I just see Canadians

Why don't teams play every game on the road if they can get double the points?

because third world countries don't have roads

actually kek'd.

How will yurop ever recover?

BTFO

I have legitimate complaints though.
I acknowledge the NHL has problems with international orgs. I acknowledge soccer is way better at corporate whoring without ruining games than the NFL. But when I point out something wrong with soccer they chimp out at me for wanting to push the players like its a u12 womens house team and blowing a hamstring is the end of the world.

The helpful Argentian ITT is based and completely right; , , and are all great posts.

>American """banter"""

I dunno why people defend this. Some rules should definitely change.
I would put it like this:
>tie
>penulties
>then the extra time, the team which lost the penulties is forced to attack and score a golden goal. If they fail, they lose

>preferring penalties over away goals
opinion discarded

As I said, the game's not over after penalties. You can even lose deliberately if you intend to chase it in the ET.

>Americans literally have dirt roads