I fear the day irony becomes the fashionable thing for filmmakers...

>I fear the day irony becomes the fashionable thing for filmmakers. Irony is slowly adjusting us to a culture where a piece of art's only meaning lies in it's lack of meaning. Soon symbolism in artworkwill fall out of vogue and art will be trashed by the critics for not being meaningless enough.

Was he right?

Yes, see BvS being panned by critics for trying to convey a powerful message through artful symbolism while mindless trash like Marvel flicks are universally acclaimed

muahhhaaahhhhhhhhh.... the frensh schampainnn

0.02₹ have been deposited in your loo

who is this semen demon (male)?

100% right.
I wonder how he came to this realisation

>BvS
>trying to convey a powerful message through symbolism

BvS sucked because it brought up 50 ideas, all of which have been done to death, and didn't explore any of them beyond their face value. In short it's pretentious as fuck, at least marvel movies aren't trying to be this 2deep4u meme that DC tries. And if you want to explore themes of godliness and isolation, then make a real fucking movie, don't just make some half asses dbz clone with characters people already know.

Goddamn the way people defend this shit is infuriating

not enough quips for you, marvelbabbies?

>me have tiny brain me can't understand big boy movie that have more than one theme me hate movie for not being simple for me to understand!
Compelling argument, Pajeet

Orson was right about everything.

>i only watch mature CapeKinos for mature cinemagoers like myself

Was he right?

Actually they panned it for characters having no consistency, motivation, or depth beyond superficial biblical imagery. And for it being a dour, lifeless chore.

Where are these quotes from?

kekorooney

just because it uses symbolism doesn't mean its good

This is the final straw

BvS fans are the ultimate cancer on this board, worse than cunny

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.
He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

What a shitty fucking example. But I guess I should've seen it coming.

holy shit I know this feel

it's not a "feels" quote you self-pitying buffoon, you're exactly the kind of person he's speaking out against.

That's what he meant you dipshit

fuck off tard, you /r9k/ "wahhhh life is so fucking hard bros ;_;" faggots are ruining this website

why are you so angry

MMMWWHHAAAAAhhhhh thhhee frrench champagne

Really nudges my neurons

What a fag, lol
Good riddance

there he goes with the self-vitcimizing. classic feelsposter. you gonna post a pic of your shaved legs next?

I wasn't the guy you were originally responding to you delirious autistic moron

are you new to anonymous imageboard culture? there aren't usernames here, fag, i can't just magically tell who i'm replying to.

Fags

all me :^)

came here to post DFW

about to start The Pale King. what am i in for?

The fact that this quack clings to the antiquated notion that art must have some integral meaning, just demonstrates his lack of insight and his dogmatic view of art. Art should be boundless, unchained by human expectations. It should be amorphous, unrestrained by all standards, and thus, being truly free to flourish in human creativity.

This man was simply a unnecessary stepping stone to art's development. The industry has long outgrown his narrow vision, and is now stronger than ever, meeting its full potential and ascending to heights he couldn't dream was possible. No one will remember him, while his disdain for art will live on.

Absolute bullshit. People, critics and normies alike, fucking love morals and symbolism and meaning. Nothing spooks the academic bobblehead more than a truly meaningless piece of art.

>:O

You bamboozled me!

Explain Suicide Squad's box office success.

Garbage

the greatest of masterpieces are not bound by meaning but rather transcend it

meaningless art is not art by definition

Yes. I don't really see a lot of people on this ironicmemeboard interested in seriously dissecting film symbolism either, tho.

Can I get sauce for this quote?

Orson Welles

Is this to your liking?

>There's no known way of saying an English sentence in which you begin a sentence with 'in' and emphasize it.
Was he right?

IN! my day we emphasized words by making our voice louder when we said them.

>Kurosawa, Hitchcock, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Fellini, Welles, Chaplin, Keaton, Kubrick, the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity. You are everything wrong with this board.

Get me a jury and show me how you can say "in July", and I'll go down on you.

Go to bed Korine, nobody likes your shitty movies.

He never said this

Prove that he never said this.

fpbp

Yes.

Also, any demographic that becomes a majority will force you to become like they are.

Think of 3 types of people you dislike. Then realize that if they gain control by being a majority, they will force their way of life on you.