German background checks

I was offered an engineering job in Germany but have a minor criminal record here in the US (2 misdemeanors for the same incident), I didn't go to jail or anything just got community service. I have 2 questions for people who are familiar with Germany:
1) Do German companies run background checks? They didn't ask about it on the application.
2) When I try to get a work/residency permit will the German government run a background check or ask about convictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/08/13/an-american-tourist-gave-the-nazi-salute-in-germany-so-a-stranger-beat-him-up-police-say/?utm_term=.8aab49807382
wikitravel.org/en/Travelling_with_a_criminal_history
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh and I guess part 3 is, if they do ask or check, would those two misdemeanors (which are several years old) prevent me from obtaining a visa?

I know a few German guys that got into a fight and got in trouble. I also know one that drove his car into a wall while high on heroin.
They all have jobs now, all I got for you.

What did you do?

Had a girlfriend who was 3 years younger than me. It was a small crime because we were close in age, so I'm not a sex offender or anything like that, I was 20 and she was 17. I only had to do 80 hours of community service. Seems dumb I know but her parents called the cops because they didn't like me. Anyway that was 4 years ago.

The Gestapo will get you fucking degenerate. Enjoy working for free in DM.

1) Yes, they do.
2) Yes, they do.
You're fucked.

wew, guess you got unlucky. That age difference is nothing.

This You'll get sent straight to the camp

I don't know how it's in Germany, but I highly doubt German companies have insight into American criminal records.

In the Netherlands you can't have a criminal record for many jobs. Then you have to request "proof of good behaviour" from the government. And if your crimes are irrelevant to that job, then you get that proof anyway.

So if you want to work with victims you can't have violent crimes no your record. If you want to work at a bank no violent and financial crimes. As an accountant no financial crimes. Etc.

In engineering if you aren't going to work at important projects it should be less relevant.

Sorry OP, but you are not criminal enough to live here

it is literally retarded
germany like any civilized country has the age of consent 16 y.o.

If she was your girlfriend then even 12 year old is allowed here desu.

Unlucky they will gas you for that

>Jungemädchenshutzentruppen gets OP
>sent to jail
>forced to cook kebabs

Not a good idea OP.

OK :(

I know its dumb. It just looks bad on my record even though it's a misdemeanor.

It's pretty basic software engineering so I don't think a background check would be necessary. Would they request a certificate for that? Could I get one from the local government (where I have no record) instead of from the US?

>implying germans aren't completely cucked numales.
Only thing you'll be getting is more lube for mohammed to fuck your wife, faggot.

OP here, any posts with info instead of just memes.

I do know that in Germany your criminal record can get ignored if you wish to migrate to Germany if it are light crimes.

Considering what you did is probably not illegal in Germany you could probably make a good case. You should just contact the authorities of where you want to move to and request information.

pretty sure you'll be fine

you are a fucking retard, should have just met with the girl in secret

Also where in Germany? Hope it isn't the Kingdom of Württemberg otherwise I'll hunt you down.

Thanks
Why do you think that? I know I can go to Germany for 90 days without any approval and get work visa while there.
Hunt me down. What I did isn't even close to being illegal in your country. Also I'm ethnically German and English in case you're wonder, not a rapefugee.

t. I have a german surname from my great-great-great grandparents who probably were jewish

For real mein Negger, just go for it. Nothing will happen you will be safe.

>muh ethnic germans don't exist

Mohammed bitte

it's just Sup Forums.
You don't get serious discussion here

did you talk about this in a Mad Max thread on Sup Forums approximately 21 months ago

>doesn't speak german
>doesn't know a thing about german culture
>i'm german because my surname sounds german

Mario Giuseppi Gartner bitte

no
still i was assuming id get some germans here who would know.
I mean I met my great grandfather who spoke German, but I'm more English than German. I'm not actually racist so I don't really care lol

Keep telling that to yourself burgler.

Polizei coming for you soon

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/08/13/an-american-tourist-gave-the-nazi-salute-in-germany-so-a-stranger-beat-him-up-police-say/?utm_term=.8aab49807382

you are dumb
Ask in actual german forums and not fucking Sup Forums.

ok

It depends.
they will probably make background checks, but I'm sure you will get in anyways.
Good luck.

what are german forums?

who will make it, the company or the goverment? I don't want to have to explain to my coworkers about fucking an underage teen, so basically I would stay in America if the company is going to find out.

are you fucking dumb?
The company obviously, jesus, stop drinking lard.

government. company only if your workposition is some noble shit.

Thanks, I found this information on the wiki. Seems like if the crime gives you a sentence of less than two years it's not grounds for denying a visa? Seems strange but big if true.
wikitravel.org/en/Travelling_with_a_criminal_history
"The rules for the EU, specifically the Schengen Area, regarding character concerns is relatively lax. Questions about criminal convictions are not asked when applying for a Schengen visitor/business visas, and border agent and landing cards (there aren't any) don't ask this either. If any officials or forms ask you if you have a criminal history, you still have to answer truthfully, but in general if its not more than 3 years of imprisonment, or crimes involving alien smuggling or drug offences that resulted in more than 2 years of imprisonment, then generally they will not refuse you entry or visa on that ground."
Seems pretty lax. To get in the US is much harder from what I hear.

Natürlich gibts die nur halt nicht in den USA du Pflaume

>I'm ethnically german
fuckoff burger you are not german

ein Esel im Pferdestall ist immernoch ein Esel

Wenn der Esel sich aber mit Kühen und Truthähnen paart ist er kein Esel mehr

>companies are allowed to access criminal records in his country
Lmao corporate drones. My CAR INSURANCE isn't even allowed to access my DRIVER'S RECORD.

If I were you, I would tell it the company in advance. I don't think they would mind, since you can fugg 14+ in germany

bzw. seine Nachfahren nicht mehr wollt ich schreiben

To directly answer your question, if the employer had been allowed to request a police record for your occupation, it would've already done so. If they haven't requested a police record they neither want it nor are allowed to see it because it's irrelevant for your occupation.

Top kek.

but you can be put in jail for doing a Roman Salute

LMFAO

helps that there is no fucking reason to do it in the first place

Thanks bud.