Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment...

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not.

Beavers

He's not looking at a long enough time scale. Maybe humans will reach equilibrium in another 5000 years.

Holy shit is that Chicago?

Not true at all. The wachowski brothers really are hacks. The lucked out with the first matrix.

He's right, our own creation even realized how fucked we are, like as a young adult you realize your parents fault.

Holy shit that really made me think

>brothers

This is painfully untrue. Even fucking trees strive to cover the planet a la the Carboniferous Era.

Well cut my dick off and call me Lilly, ya got me.

More like cucklibrium. Lesser animals are literally redddit.

You better start believing in human histories, you're in one,

Trees didn't bring about global warming, the removal of the ozone and the elimination of several species

I don't think any member of Chicago is that clean shaven

Not him but I can assure you that trees have definitely been responsible for the elimination of some species

>global warming
Implying it's a bad thing

>removal of the ozone
Make mistakes, learn from them. Sure, we fucked up but if we didn't, we would never have figured out as much about our environment.

>elimination of several species
Meh, that's the way life works on this planet. There has never been a static condition, so we shouldn't strive to keep things static because that's not natural. But obviously, reducing rates of extinction should be looked at.

They literally did, there was no distinct different weathers and there was a major extinction afterwards

Good post

Bait, hopelessly uneducated, or propagandized moron?

Do you think Mr. Smith would let you fuck his ass if it meant you'd stay in the Matrix?

Shut up, faggot.

FPBP once again. How does Sup Forums do it?

We do instinctively try to reach equilibrium though. What is environmentalism?

Nice response, really shows you lack the ability to make a coherent argument.

Some gay shit

If i ever get abducted by aliens I'll bring a printed screenshot of this post with me to convince them to destroy the human race

@79696190

Shant be giving you any more replies

>denying him a (you)
your cruelty knows no bounds user.

Actually, humans are probably the only organisms that try to reach equilibrium.

Of course, we destroy, burn, cut down, deforest, relocate, and remove animals and plants from their habitat. But the more we are aware of our shittyness, the more we try to mitigate it. Even though not every human is on board, some are -- and that is magnitudes more than any other species on earth.

Pretty much every single other species, if they had their way, would be the only species on the planet. Rabbits and deer don't think about their impact, and if not predated upon, would multiply "like rabbits" and completely destroy the ecosystem on their own.

These animals reach equilibrium because the environment can't support 7 billion ruminants, not because they are "told to stop" instinctively. Deer would multiply forever if they could.

Any single species of tree would love to dominate the landscape.

It may not be "good" for it -- but those species don't give a fuck.

Humans are the only animals that do achieve equilibrium. We make so with agriculture. It is a simple yet revolutionary process that consists of a renewable source of energy (food), rather than consuming natural resources (hunter-gatherers).

because we are superior.

>Shant

I'm glad. Pls go back to your safe place.

>Implying it's a bad thing
Fucking a - You get to wear shorts in January and you liberal faggots are actually complaining?

Not only that, but ultimately, we are only accelerating the inevitable. The planet changes on it's own, regardless of our little actions.

Not actually true. Predator/prey relationships, be animal-animal or animal-plant, go in cycles of populations going up and then back down, as the predators eat down the prey, then die down themselves allowing the prey to rebound thus giving plenty.

Differential equations demonstrated this. Indeed, stable equilibria quickly destabilize and it returns to this natural cycle.

This probably applies to economies, too.

Lay off the memes for a bit, I think they're getting to you.

>Sup Forums is sto stupid they don't understand that the character/program that is shown going against his programming and becoming basically a virus was supposed to be wrong in his convictions

stick to capeshit, kids

i think the more important point is that agent smith was trying to fuck with his head. he may or may not have even believed what he was saying. he just thought it would fuck with him. and look at that, a bunch of people getting all upset about it here 15 years later, i think it was a good tactic.

Beavers introduced into a depleted ecosystem have been proven to aid in rehabilitation

Still an equilibrium of sorts. If left untouched by humans, we could develop a fairly correct model describing it.

Humans live outside these relatively simplistic models though. We are very efficient at changing or fixing our food source(s) if we deplete it.

>economies
They can be easily artificially manipulated though by increasing/decreasing money supply. Banks can achieve this quite easily in todays world.

I don't think it has anything to do with "right" or "wrong". It was definitely trying to show that Smith was displaying an emotion when he was suppose to be emotionless. His hatred for humanity is similar to biblical mythos regarding angels that hate on humanity and see themselves as superior/deserving of "Gods" love.

This is also true. Normal species will not make each other extinct for just this reason, that the predators die off as they kill down the prey, but they never polish off the prey, unlike humans which do because they can feed off many sources after deliberately hunting down the tasty stuff. This isnt even a feature of modern industrial man either.

Predators will remove a prey completely if that prey isn't capable of surviving. A prey animal has to be fit enough to survive through predators. It's not the predatory animals that are choosing not to kill of the prey, so much as it is the prey that is adapted to surviving.

stick to reddit queer

For a prey unadapted to a new predator, perhaps there is a risk, or a prey population dying out slowly due to environmental changes anyway.

But the general case, like wolves or lions vs. gazelles or buffalo or something, it can never happen because the predators do not scour the landscape the way humans do. The prey thin out and the predators then starve, allowing the prey to rebound. It is not intuitive but it doesn't need to be.

>For a prey unadapted to a new predator, perhaps there is a risk, or a prey population dying out slowly due to environmental changes anyway.

Basically what I was trying to say. The environment is always changing though, even if it is too slow for humans to comprehend. The predator/prey relationships have developed over a long period of time; of changing environments and changing species. We haven't reached a point of no more change or evolution, so this will continue into the future, and unless we step in to interfere, certain species will go extinct whether we will it or no. No doubt humanity will try to save some fragile species that would naturally have gone extinct because we think it is our duty. When in reality, we are hurting the natural cycles that depend on survival of the fittest.

elephants, rabbits in australia, feral hogs. lady bugs, monkeys in india

He meant the city, not the band. Obviously that's not a member of Chicago.

Look a little deeper into the movie and you'll discover it's actually pretty racist. Hint: agent smith is white people.

Nah, if those degenerate Wachowski fucks want to start turning it into that, than fuck it. We are now taking over the Matrix films.

cats

fuck everything up

wtf have you never heard of local extinctions?

predator prey cycles break down all the time