Greece & Italy

Why do these countries have so few relations when they are so close to each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griko_dialect
quora.com/Why-is-shipping-by-sea-more-cost-efficient-than-shipping-on-land
youtube.com/watch?v=wN4Rbc6HSPY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMHJuhcIEpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only Puglia is somewhat close to greece

In sea, distances are "shorter".

Greece pay denbts :^)

nice detail

Threadly reminder South Italy was part of the Roman Empire longer than any other area in Western Europe.

Southern Italians are just Latinized Greeks.

Don't you cooperate to smuggle Slav women though Balkan trail?

>Greek speakers still exist in S.Italy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griko_dialect

Although, they are probably immigrants from the late/post Byzantine era, because their language is pretty standard.

Mediterranean union when?

soon

romans copy greeks and greeks never forgive

tfw all ottomans ever did was copied the eastern Roman empire so bad that Russians had a better claim for the 3rd Roman empire

2nd sultan of ottos was married to a byzantine princess while byzantium was still a thing.

russia can only use the orthocuck angle but thats bullshit too. we are the only legitimate heir of the roman empire.

Keep dreaming Ahmed

balkan federation will happen lad, and this time, we ll roll over european scum.

This is the future of the Balkans

because we are orthocucks

wrong.

My sister has a greek boyfriend

GYROSED

You that in the ottoman empire the upper class were mostly Greek wright ?

>Southern Italians are just Latinized Greeks.
No shit, Syracusa was literally a Greek colony.

>we are the only legitimate heir of the roman empire.
The roman empire died with Rome. Fuck Byzantium.

>The roman empire died with Rome. Fuck Byzantium.

Literally the most successful empire ever

No, only in the context of dying Near Eastern empires on the ash heap of history. The western territories were far more valuable, if only for one simple fact: they were the launching points of the colonization of the New World, which represented an infinite wellspring of population and culture.

That's why all of the major colonial powers were Western European, not descended from Byzantium. Spain, Britain, France, Portugal, Netherlands. All of them were lost from the Roman Empire and later colonized the entire world.

Byzantium was simply the greatest forfeiture of power in the entire history of mankind. If Rome was held, and Western Europe was held, SPQR would be global and not some faggot dream that died in Greece and Turkey.

The reasin those empires ever existed was because the ottomans wouldn't trade with them or they didn't want to trade with the ottomans and that's why they started to look for other trade routes and in doing so they discovered the new world and conquered it. Other wise why anyone in good mental health spend all that money to discover longer trade routes. The silk road was just to good. That's why your meme country tries to control middle East because if the silk road is the Americas are irrelevant

>The reasin those empires ever existed was because the ottomans wouldn't trade with them or they didn't want to trade with the ottomans and that's why they started to look for other trade routes and in doing so they discovered the new world and conquered it.
You're 100% right, the only reason why Magellan, Polo, and Colombus even set sail was to find spice routes to India

>That's why your meme country tries to control middle East because if the silk road is the Americas are irrelevant
Shipping over the sea is much cheaper than land now. The new silk road is the Pacific Ocean.

That's because there is no infrastructure connecting Europe and Asia. You know that usually happens to countries that are constantly in war thanks a lot Murcia

>That's because there is no infrastructure connecting Europe and Asia

quora.com/Why-is-shipping-by-sea-more-cost-efficient-than-shipping-on-land

Sorry but no, shipping by sea is always more fuel-efficient than by land. Regardless of whether Iraqi is a shithole occupied by ISIS.

>Why is shipping by sea more cost efficient than shipping on land
its because moving ships through land is a turkish tradition not european

>russia can only use the orthocuck angle
Ivan III also married a Byzantine princess.

>history doesn't matter, only my autism

You do know that the western countries did fuck all for about 500 years before putting their shit together, and that even then they only rose to prominence about 500 years later, right?

Byzantium held on for about a thousand years after the western Empire fell, in one of the most contested regions of the world. Even now I wouldn't bet any money on the US surviving for 800 more years despite its perfect defensive position.

You don't get my point. I don't mean with the current infrastructure technology. But imagine what 600 years of improvement would do to the silk road and moreover the silk road was not only a ladlnd route it was both land and sea and finally it is just a way sorter route between Europe and Asia than moving from Europe to USA and from there to Asia. I don't blame you for destroying middle East a nation must do what ever it takes to be self sufficient and always try to be the strongest. But with that in mind the best thing for most of Europe( not UK ) and most of Asia (not Japan and Indonesia) is to reopen and invest in the silk road

Exactly and the main reason it fell was the 4th crusade

>Ivan III also married a Byzantine princess.
at the time he married the "princess" there was no byzantium left

We're talking about legitimacy to the claim, are we not? The princess in question was the sister to the rightful heir of the Empire, which makes both claims equally valid.

Then the Ottomans have the geography card while the Russians have the culture card (plus all the other claims in the West that disregard Byzantium wholly to begin with).

It's all pointless anyway, the Empire ended with the fall of Byzantium. Everything afterwards is autism.

culture? what is it with russian culture and roman empire really? empire officially ended with dissolution of otto empire tbqh.

youtube.com/watch?v=wN4Rbc6HSPY

i love you too komşu

it's just so goddamn tough to love someone that looks like a Turk, why don't yo unturk yourselves and become white and blond like normal people?

UNA FACCIA UNA RAZZA

why is iceland green?

>culture?
Russia was a tributary that eventually followed the same religion and that became an ally of Byzantium's former allies.

The Ottoman Empire claim is every bit as invalid as every other.

>t. pic related

some raids

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions

something tells me you're not planning to unturk yourselves and look white and blond like normal people do, why is that?

>2k17
>still falling for wh*Te meme
future is Mediterranean, Karamanlis.

why do you always capitalize the T when writing wh*te?

so you're trying to become Med now? I don't get it, why don't you like being mongolarab anymore?

The non white brain works in mysterious ways.

white
wh(it)e
wh*Te

"it" is a slang for dog in turkish. as in whites are dogs.

he holds shift to type the asterisk but forgets to unpress it when he types the t

i am already Med and even better, I am the Roman Empire. dont worry papadapulos, we ll mare nostrum together again.

I thought that but they do it all the time, so I guess is the right answer

I'm sorry, but you can't get more Mediterranean than me.

also in turkish Q layout of keyboards "*" doesnt need shift. so we specifically press shift just to write t capital.

sometimes I can't tell if you people are really that retarded or just playing along because of those iq charts that say sandniggers are retarded

i dont want to be rude but you are a bit boring komşu.

hey you're the shitskins that came here, we invited the italians in here not some turkroaches lol.
I certainly didn't want no Turks to infest my thread.

Literal autism

>t.

Greeks on Sup Forums are autistic

hey, dont shit on my komşu. only i can shit on them.

I'm a huge fan of both countries, as a Southern italian I'm a son of both greece and italy

get a German flag if you want to shit on us, you're just a sandnigger with that jihad flag of yours

>he doesnt even remember the flag of constantinople
rapebaby, i am disappoint

just saying, get another flag if you want to be treated differently, just larp as a white like turk in western Europe do.
it's pretty not calling you a sandnigger with that flag, shitskin lol

greek girls are BUILT for italian cock

this is a Greek girl though

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMHJuhcIEpE

turkish flag is pretty based desu.

okay satan but I prefer the one I posted

I clicked on this video and my mom walked up behind me and saw it

>claims he is a turk
>has most likely greek or arabic descend

roachie, what good have your people ever done? The only great things about your country were made by people you hate

antonio plz

she looks like a younger female varoufakis

>t*Rks

what's their problem?

we subjugated those people what else.

whats wrong with the video?

they are angry because their contributions to humanity are equal to their popularity

not putting their lazy asses to work and give us an eta on bannerlord, that's their fucking problem GOD DAMNIT

yeah, it's pretty cool if you're a muslim that hates white people and wants to blow them up

dont remember turks blowing up wh*Tes since 1974 :^)

and even at that time we didnt use car bombs etc but artillery and tanks

are you trying to say that Sofia is not the single most greatest display of Greek beauty?

then what's the problem with your jihad flag being ugly to white people? what's your objection to it?

it has national significance. we can use a different flag when we form balkan federation though. i was thinking something like the HRE flag where they used all the flags of duchies etc. in it.

look Achmed , I don't even know what we're arguing over here, it's not like give the slightest flag what some sandnigger from middle east thinks about any subject really, you're just here to laugh at you and make us laugh by acting turkish, so act turkish, quit with all the flag stuff and act turkish, turk!

na there are more beautiful women

hahahahahahaahaha kill yourself monkey. no one likes, no one wants you. stay where you are

>a little Greek speaking area is still in Northeastern Turkey
obscure. Does anyone know anything about it?

>na there are more beautiful women
bullshit, I don't believe you

pontics. they are the most nationalistic turks today btw.

Baba Osman :3

Stikoudi,Alexandraki, even dear Tzoulia is hotter ;))

eyy what up man. ready for the balkan federation? about 30 - 40 years from now on.

stop appropiating finnish clture

Ottoman Empire > European Union

Please come back, I can't take this modern degeneracy anymore

>muuh ottoman empire is guud

literally nothing great has come from the ottoman empire or your people. stay where you are monkeys