Holy overrated Batman!

>hurr you just didn't get it

No but seriously..like this was pretty meh
And I'm a fan of Enemy and Prisoners

What did you faggots think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg&t=77s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was pleasantly surprised. But then i went into it with the low expectations of another generic 'aliens come to earf'

it was OK

protip: don't read reviews ever, they'll spoil shit at worst and skew your expectations at best

Villeneuve hasn't made a good film yet.

Sorry it wasn't full of homoerotic symbolism.

It's part of this new trend in sci fi that goes against the blockbuster star wars/independence day formula of recent years. We have movies like Interstellar, Ex Machina and this that aren't so much about fighting aliens and more about making the audience think.
Whether they succeed is a matter of debate but I appreciate filmmakers at least trying to explore new and interesting ideas in their work.

I to did not enjoy it because its well received

#justpatricianthings

tv loved it when it came out now it has turned its tide to hate. Per the usual really once it gets traction

it fucking sucked
youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg&t=77s
thought it was mediocre when it came out and it gets worse whenever I think about it

Sure dude, i believe you

you may be facetious now, but I can speak squid circles, so I know you will inevitably come to agree with me down the road

Its a 6 to 6.5/10, no more

Well that's funny i could see the past and you liked it fine when you first saw it but grew frustrated as it was well enjoyed by Sup Forums and normies alike.

VERY generous. 4-4.5 at BEST.

meh.

i didn't like it when I first saw it. it went from a 5/10 to a straight 1/10

Globalist propoganda.

>1/10

Really? That bad, huh, no hyperbole?

Totally believe you.

This guy get it i left at the alex jones part

Yes OP, truly you're opinions are as, they say, right on the nose. Simply epic, to put things lightly. I, too, am quite the fan of the word "overrated" as it perfectly encapsilats the drugery of modern cinema and, truly, those whom're enjoy critically aclaimed films are, as they say, mistaken. I bid thee, a good evening brother. May you always see that films are just not quite as good as otheres say!

I was on board with everything until she magically gets a call through to General Ping, which I actually would have also been fine with had they not just kinda glossed over the conversation where she convinces him to stand down - cut to happy ending.

>glossed over

She told him that the "weapon" was actually a gift of time, and proved this by telling him something she couldn't have possibly known. Too complicated for you, dipshit?

Agreed. Hopefully this just a minor misstep on Villenueve's part.

I still enjoyed the first half, up to the point where Renner starts monologuing.

No, she actually just tells him some shit his dead wife says, and it's in Chinese with no subtitles, and the audience is just supposed to accept this General wouldn't just hang up and order an attack. It's lazy writing. They couldn't actually write a convincing conversation, so they just tell you one happened instead.

>lazy writing because an alt right double digit IQ doesn't get it

She told him something she could not possibly know, this proving to the general (who has a better understanding of logic than you do apparently) that this was proof of her claim. You're a fucking idiot.

>lazy writing
lmao you pretentious twat

I didnt think it was bad but when it was over I wondered what was the point. Nothing was really accomplished, stuff just happened. The ending was more exposition than conclusion.

Solid Sci-fi flick, my least favorite of his movies though.

The only people truly against globalism are billionaire capitalists.

And he just believes the random woman on the phone.

Why are you crying about Sup Forums? No one brought up anything about race.

>babbys first sci-fi

You have to go back.

Right, the "Reddit" rebuttal, you're doing great.

>muh Sup Forums
lmao fuck out of here you limp wristed cuck , I'm sure Sup Forums will applaud your valiant efforts

Not that user but you just did the same thing in arbitrarily choosing Sup Forums

>No one brought up anything about race

And you think that magically means I don't know you're a polerina? hilarious

>And he just believes the random woman on the phone.

What does her being a "random woman" have to do with fucking anything you moron? She told him who she was, proved her involvement in the alien investigation, told him what the gift was, told him why he should believe her.

>Prisoners was bad

Kill yourself.

You couldn't have posted a better criticism vid?

This was the only film I was excited to see last year, and I was sooooo disappointed.

The writing is atrocious and most of the acting is just absolute garbage tier. Also, the subplot of Adams' character and the daughter-to-be was the most retarded crap I've seen in a long time:

> hurr durr I know this child is gonna suffer, but I'm selfish enough to birth her and put her through that anyway

WOW, HOW RELATABLE

Also, Adams' character spends so much time explaining how language is too complicated to communicate with the aliens immediately (basically how they have to learn each other's language first); then Adams just walks up to them with a marker-board and the word "HUMAN" written on it and pointing to herself. She JUST explained how complicated even single words are, and now she's combining: written language, spoken language, AND body language/gestures. Adams goes from "intelligent scientist" to "bumbling moron" in like one cut.

If you're going to make a heavily-real-science-driven film, your science (or language studies/application, in this case) has to be accurate/consistent.

2/10, would not recommend

I'm sorry a high schooler can write this movies script

>heavily-real-science-driven film

Is that what this was trying to be. Seems like they just took concepts of language/communicating and ran with it into random stuff.

Your criticism doesn't make sense though, I'm not even sure what you're complaining about. That the general believed her even though he had every reason in the world to? Retarded as fuck.

Sure dude, you clearly know what your talking about and are offering sensible contributions to this thread.

Thanks. The movies awful, the script is bad, the acting is meh. Let it go, kid.

Pivoting from "Reddit" to "kid," masterstroke of oratory.

Getting mad someone points out the fact this movie sucks is a "masteerstroke" of you're a fucking retard.

The only thing that bothered me was the daughter scenes.
Like, first time seen her, as a common man that already saw 500+ movis in his lifetime, the first thing I though was that SHE WAS HER DAUGHTER, THIS IS THE PAST and her daugther is dead now, but then all the movie happens untill 20 min before ending that she says "who is that little girl?"
Lazy screening, I guess