twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

won't happen i promise

where are you from user? :)

not so fast Pierre St. Chang

just recently there was an article about german ancestry

they said they were the most successfully hidden

they just don't talk about it as much as other americans

op thinks all americans are alike

>New Spainian occupied by US speaks about his BASQUE IBERIAN RACE and for the segregation of Iberians and non iberian raced people.

Just like Canadians will proudly tell you about their workaholic English/Scottish greatgrandpa who moved to Alberta in the early 20th century and made his way to the top.

das rayciss

Candians mad their anglo genetics are inferior to german ones

>my daddy can kick your daddys ass

Why are you spacing your post like that?
You aren't German, Billy.

I never I said I was Wong

I'm actually of pure Prussian/Nordic stock, don't call me that. My ancestors were kings and such.

Actually nothing wrong with that.
Why is everyone triggered by it?

I wonder why they don't talk about it, heh

actually im

english
italian
irish
swedish
portuguese
french

Am I German?

they all live in the midwest so everyone is some kind of german

Most "German-Americans" barely have any German ancestors, they're just larping

a bit of northwest german but your other parts are way stronger

I thought it was because other americans don't like Germans, so they just don't mention it to not get socially rejected.

being of German descent is popular nowadays, as evidenced by the census data. people claim to be German even if they aren't

>american starts talking about his French he-
>actually, he does not

>tfw great grandfather came to America fleeing the shithole of post WWI Germany

i am greek

>send 10 fur trappers to North America while Britain sends 100,000 convicts and Puritans
your fault

there's quite a bit of Huguenot ancestry but obviously they don't give a fuck about France.

Then there's the French Canadian fucks that flooded New England and need to go back

> they like the fact they have Irish blood more than English

it was a while ago but the feelings about keeping it low is the same, at least germans that has lived in german area for a long time, then you have peripheral or coastal germans they are more likely to talk about it since everyone around them talk about it

How?
I only hear that americans dislike us on a very personal level.
Why would an american say he is one then?

because it's "cooler" to be german or irish or something than to be what you actually are
check out the us census. it's self reported, so if people were really ashamed of germans, they'd claim to be something else

>americans dislike us on a very personal level.

can you elaborate on that? I have never seen it.

I mentioned this yesterday and some krauts got autistic on me

Protestant Germans here assimilated very easily and rapidly. It was always seen as pretty backwards as compared to general Anglo-American culture

nah, the other user was pretty accurate. I grew up in a small town in eastern south dakota where everyone had either a german, norwegian, or dutch surname. around here, even if you have a non-german surname it's extremely likely that the majority of your ancestors came out of germany
I was surprised when I grew up and learned that the rest of the country wasn't like this

All americans are english and frenchies in denial

everywhere on the internet, real life experiences from some random people, , your movies and some other stuff

I'm fine with Germans you just have a higher rate of assholes than other nationalities. Seriously just because *you*'re fine with Americans talking about their German heritage, I can tell you without exaggerating that the vast majority of your countrymen posting here are not and flip out when it's brought up regardless of the person's background or the context

I don't understand why Europeans are so hung up on this, America doesn't force you to leave your culture behind by assimilating. I'm sure when you all move within the continent/EU the same happens.

And yea, Germans are the least like this, because they are like the most standard assimilated Americans but really it's any people who have been here for multiple generations. The newer generations obviously still have strong ties to their homeland and families back there.

France was too comfy and relevant, I suppose

What's wrong with Québécois?

Also America is full of ethnic communities, black neighborhoods, mexican neighborhoods, puerto rican neighborhoods, italian, ukrainian, polish, chinese, etc. like a lite version of their countries.

to be honest, we did finagle ourselves some francophone regions from the british imperialists in the 19th century

they're fine, in Quebec, they need to stay out of N. England as it's Anglo-Saxon and Protestant

anglo-americans are the standard you utter moron

>In the 2000 census, self-identified German Americans made up 17.1% of the U.S. population, followed by Irish Americans at 12%, as reported in the 2000 U.S. Census. This makes German and Irish the largest and second-largest self-reported ancestry groups in the United States.

More like France never experienced the demographic boom England and Germany did while industrializing. France was bigger and less cramped as well so that helped too

now add up all british and "american" together

France also actively limited diversification of New France's economy and industry to keep it dependent on importing finished goods

English didn't and most colonies were largely independent until the beginning of the 18th century

in the 1980 census it was 26.34% English alone. Did all these anglo-americans just disappear as a massive tide of German immigrants came over the past 30 years? census statistics are self reported and as such shouldn't be used for determining a country's overall ancestry

>More like France never experienced the demographic boom England and Germany did while industrializing.
The demographic boom was related to the potato, which British merchants obtained from business from Spanish merchants, who themselves obtained it from South American natives.

Did France never have a potato boom?

>In the 2014 American Community Survey, German Americans (14.4%), Irish Americans (10.4%), English Americans (7.6%), and Italian Americans (5.4%) were the four largest self-reported European ancestry groups in the United States, forming 37.8% of the total population.[6] However, the English-Americans and British-Americans demography is considered by some to be under-counted, as the people in that demographic tend to identify themselves simply as Americans.

still far less innit, it's besides the point anyway [lad]

youtube.com/watch?v=2J5n8kzpbCs

Then tell your anglo 'brothers' to give them independence and to get the fuck out of Québec.

are you we wuzzing :)

Nope. French people were always well fed after the 9th century so potatoes or not we ate well.

Lots of German ancestry people refer to themselves as American though lmao you can't give that all to the Brits.

>dad is blue-eyed
>mother has blue-eye recessive, since my sister was born with blue eyes
>I have brown eyes
Thanks mom.

their own vote failed and tanked Montreal's financial sector at the same time. Quebec can leave whenever they want, they've literally never been oppressed by the British

why do you care, most French people don't give a shit about them and mock their accents

>French people were always well fed after the 9th century
let me bust out this mint 1792 propaganda

> only 3 % Scandinavian
Into the trashes it goes

Whats a "ethnic community"?

>Scandinavian
>any colonies
You're Germany tier. When Britain, France, Portugal and the Netherlands were busy spreading their influence across the entire globe, you and Germany were... fighting religious wars and jerking off.

Utterly useless.

>their own vote failed

Because of anglos and non-french québécois.

>Quebec can leave whenever they want, they've literally never been oppressed by the British

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Anglos are so damn CUTE when they go full dindu

I care about them, they're brothers. Why do you care about New England belonging to anglos, your ancestors are probably german.

Only people who talk about muh heritage are Sup Forums naziboos

Sweden probably has been sending immigrants here at the most steady rate of any country though

you do know that they had settlements in both Pennsylvania and South Jersey, and in West Africa?

>they've literally never been oppressed by the British
jeez

>st patrick's day
HEHE TOP O THE MORNING TO YOU MY FELLOW IRISH
>oktoberfest rolls around
GUTEN TAG MY FELLOW GERMANS :)

Little Italy/Chinatown shit like that. There are a bunch of people fresh from their countries who don't even speak English. They can live in America just through those communities which has everything they need in their language.

Overstated

That actually was pretty accurate of the French revolution, where they went the extra mile to go against the ideals of nobility and royalty. Courtesy politeness for example, from which French were known, was considered anti revolutionary as they pushed for the "equality at all costs"
Thank god it didn't last long before it was nuanced, so considering some ugly fat and smelly citizen ugly fat and smelly wasn't thinking you wanted monarchy again

Du bist nicht deutsch,Johnny

name one occurrence of discrimination against Quebec or the Quebecois by the British or British government.
>it can't be British people existing
>nor can it be not giving them independence

Well, the revolution was a mistake, no need to be a royalist to say that.

Here's another one I remember from high school history texts

>patriotisme
Hmmm, I wonder who would have been so butthurt to make this image

I'm not sure you should be proud to be so fat.

Algerian diaspora, probably

(just look at that 'muh ME is cool, fuck Israel' part)

in 1980 it was 49.6 million english, 10 million scottish, 1.6 million welsh, and 49.2 million german
in 2010 it was 27 million english, 6 million scottish, 5 million scotch-irish, 1.9 million welsh, and 20 million just american, and 43 million german
overall british dropped by about 2 million, while german dropped by about 6 million. can we please end the "americans decided being german was trendy" meme now

please, look at any map showing people who self identify as just "american" and then compare it to where british settled. "american" ancestry is overwhelmingly used by southerners of british descent.

*crickets*

L'ANGLUE BASTIRDDD

Every fucking time

Probably, I have a hard time telling Muslim posts from European ones when it comes to irrationally hating the USA. There are a lot of legitimate reasons of course but none of them are ever posted

Pro-metric posts are definitely ethnic European though. No doubt about it. Muslims wouldn't get angry over number systems without mentioning Arabic numerals

Nein

tb h, not only muslims hate you : commies and even nationalists also often dislike you.

I know a family who traces back to germany who came up north in the past 50 years but was in the south for generations. They are as american as people would describe. It goes for both of them. Also didn't a lot of Germans anglicize their names to assimilate? Either way I didn't intend to get into this debate as it wasn't my point. I didn't mean that germans are the default americans just that they are as american as it gets but so are brits. I only debated him because he called me a moron like that's an outlandish statement.

Fug meant to quote the second
Brits were the ones who were proud to be fat though. The cartoon is British, not ours

this we hate burgers but love baguettes

>canadian starts talking about his lebanese and irish heritage

>" (You)
>In the 2000 census, self-identified German Americans made up 17.1% of the U.S. population, followed by Irish Americans at 12%, as reported in the 2000 U.S. Census. This makes German and Irish the largest and second-largest self-reported ancestry groups in the United States."
this is clearly wrong by your own statistics so idk why you posted it sweetheart

I didn't get a (You) here but I feel like this was directed at me and you're not realizing you're talking to two different people.

Anyway who cares? Fine, Brits are the standard Americans. I don't care about that debate as it was never my point.

The standard US government person not the standard "American".

I don't even care about americans and germans anymore

My views on countries changes with the last thing their flag said about mine

>german starts talking about his Iranian heritage

America is cool and relevant and I like it

Wow, it's funny you say that because France is also really cool and one of our greatest allies.

yes, it's true