Could the matrix sequels be salvaged? or were they guaranteed to be trash?

could the matrix sequels be salvaged? or were they guaranteed to be trash?

horrendous cgi aside they were fine. After the first one the directors chose to go a more philosophically heavy route and normies couldn't wrap their cabbage brains around it.

I liked Matrix Reloaded more than I liked the original and Revolutions

Reloaded was decent, it's Revolutions that's flawed as fuck.

how so?

I understand the concept of cause and effect. I didn't need a pretentious french man pretending to be the devil to lecture me on it.

Wrong, Revolutions is in fact the best Matrix movie

The Battle of Zion was a clichéd slog that belongs in another movie. That said, M:Rev gave us the first cinematic DBZ fight until Man of Steel finally topped it.

If you think Reloaded is better than the Matrix you are a top tier pleb.

The Matrix - 8.5/10 Great fucking movie
The Matrix Reloaded - 6.5/10 Decent movie with good action scenes
The Matrix Revolutions - 4/10 Trainwreck, rushed and anticlimatic

The problem with the sequels is that the first movie did not actually leave loose ends. The victory of humanity over machines was implied by the conclusion of the first movie.

Also, the first Matrix is a much more tightly written script than the sequels were as a single story.

I liked all of the shit that happened inside the matrix in Reloaded, but all the stuff in Zion in both sequels were just awful

you don't know what you need, normie. on a more serious note try to find the philosophy professor commentary that was included in the dvd boxed set. It totally changed my perspective.

i think the man of steel fight is weak in comparison, especially when you consider it was made 10 years later

Honestly this. The sequels weren't bad at all, but redditors are constantly spamming that meme that people actually believe it now. The second movie especially had better action scenes than the first. I can kind of understand why people don't like the third movie because it's primarily in the real world, but I think the matrix world had been mostly played out by then so I think it wasnt a bad choice to spend the third movie exploring the real world more.

It did leave a few loose ends though. Like who the Oracle is and how she knows the future, and how did the origin people escape the matrix into the real world in the first place. It's also unclear why Smith was so much different than other agents and why he sometimes acted on his own. All these were explored more in the sequels.

Columbine happened after the first Matrix.

I imagine the gunplay and shooting "innocent" people by the heroes (ignoring that agents could turn into them at any time) was severely toned down.

It would be if the Zion battle was trimmed or cut entirely, and replaced with The Second Renaissance as a framing device or flashback.

the true true

Don't worry, my Matrix four script will sort this out.

The ending was shit. Neo should ally with Smith in order to tear down the matrix

Reloaded was okay and Revolution sucked except for the end fight between Neo and all those Smiths

What are you talking about? The Matrix never had any sequels.

Easy, just watch the Dezionized version

What an odd thing to say. Considering how the reality is the exact opposite.

What the fuck was he talking about?

After he went Superman. Just imagine him being John Wick after he woke up. It all makes sense.

I don't get why everyone shits on the Matrix sequels. They're were exactly on par with the first one, which was just an okay flick.

I think Matrix Reloaded was ok ignoring the dodgy CGI but they layered on the philosophy shit too much.

I liked the idea that Neo being "The One" was just another bullshit form of controlling people. Goes back to what Smith was saying about the matrix needing to be imperfect for it to work and it would have allowed for Neo to go from someone who was destined to be a saviour in the first movie to someone who through his own actions becomes a saviour in the 3rd movie.

Revolutions was where everything should've come together but it was just boring mech shit then Trinity dies again, Neo gives STD to the Smiths and the whole idea of defeating the machines and waking up to the real world became an after thought from colonel sanders

>"y'all didn't dislike the sequels until """Reddit""" told you to dislike them"

Eat shit.

>Everything you have done was planned by the Machines.
>We've been through this six times
>Humans suck, so we have to give them a little free will for the Matrix to work
>We plan for a few to escape, round them up in Zion and kill them
>Now, you help us reset for another round. We'll kill everyone in Zion either way, but if you don't help us, everyone in the Matrix will die too, and humans will go extinct.
>I look like Colonel Sanders lol

>The real world is the second level of the matrix lol theres no escaping faggot

I hated this fucking character almost as much as the "we should've gotten Vincent Cassel" fake Frenchman.

His bullshit rambling wasn't logical, he should've talked like a Vulcan or something. Instead he talks like Robbie Coltrane from Black Adder the third. Someone who's using $5 words for the sake of using $5 words.

It's the reason so many parodies of him are on point.

I think the biggest issue is that original Matrix can be a stand-alone movie on it's own, but not the sequels.

The second and third film only work as a set, since their story resolutions are more dependent on each other. But if you take them as a set, and not as individual movies, it works great.

So the best way to salvage them would be to merge them into like a 4 hour re-edit and count as "movie 2". That way neither film feels incomplete.

No, the problem is that the third movie sucks, and so the second movie which is dependent on the third movie to resolve its story is retroactively damaged as well.

Them being shit doesn't matter.

My point still stands. If you merged them together as one film, they work a lot better.

Then that could leave open Matrix 3 to be something else entirely.

>So the best way to salvage them would be to merge them into like a 4 hour re-edit and count as "movie 2". That way neither film feels incomplete.

A lot of fan edit do that, and some get rid of Zion in both movie.

Good.

Zion does nothing but make you want to destroy the filthy humans and their gyrating filth bodies.

people dislike the sequels because they couldn't follow the architect and so, of course, couldn't understand the ending to revolutions
this is correct

i wish the animatrix wasn't made, the second renaissance would make a cool prequel

Ladies you're both right

It's the same problem that I find Infernal Affairs 2&3 to have where the sequels only work to support the original.

But Matrix 3 should have tied everything together better than it did.