This shit was boring af

This shit was boring af

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ammlD2QGfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah that was the point

It was KOTY though

Maybe Hacksaw Ridge is more your speed.

Great constructive argument on the quality of the film, I am sure you are a highly intellectual individual yourself, no doubt about it.

>no doubt about it.
>There's an element of doubt about it.
What did he mean by this?

It was the most genuinely funny movie I've seen in recent years.
Brilliantly executed situational humor which doesn't break the tone of the film at all.

And Casey really deserves that golden piss statue, absolutely zero "I'M ACTING" in his performance.

>Watching movies that you find no enjoyment in

Jesus Christ you people are pretentious faggots

I hate this new trend of Dramas with no drama and comedies that aren't comedy but rather melodramatic tragedy.

And then we have these (((((film lovers))))) who praise them cause the critics are praising them and they don't wanna seem like they don't get it. Fuck that shit I paid 30 fucking dollars for 2 and a bit hours of boredom

We hate you. We're going to destroy your play.

Yeah guys we are all pretending to like it hehe the filmmakers too they are laughing how they pulled a prank on us hehe you got it spot on my dear amigo friend

I wonder what would all these "boring" fags think of films by Bela Tarr or Tarkovsky.

If you're not pursuing a career in film then watching shit like this and pretending you got some form of enjoyment out of it so that you seem (((intellectual))) and above the (((plebs))) is fucking sad my friend

If you are pursuing a career in film then good luck earning those shekels my dog. You'll need it

Worst movie of the year, next to Arrival. nothing but anti-intellectual garbage.

All pretentious bullshit. A person who truly thinks that any of these talentless hacks are goood in any way shouldn't really have a say in art, let alone film.

Do you really think the whole world is pretending? I sincerely hope you are just baiting.

Why would liking this movie make me seem more intellectual?
My dad who is 55 watched it and loved it, and he doesn't watch films that much and I doubt he will ever talk about it with anyone, he just enjoyed the film.

There is nothing particularly "deep" about it, it's a realistic representation of a character dealing with grief.
3/10 for making me reply to the bait

now THIS is prime bait
tripcode, "pretentious", "garbage", "talentless hacks" and "art", delicious

You just forgot "reddit" "imdb" and some Sup Forums buzzwords to spice it up a bit more

Well baited friend. 1/10 because made me reply

This, funnier than any comedy last year.
The part when his brother is in hospital and the wife leaves

>Fuck her

kek'd, literally /ourguy/

Tell me, you fucking imbecile, why this movie is, in any way, good.

so was your thread

You're boring as fuck.

I might be the only one here but I thought the blonde women was cute desu

That was a good film.
Your thread is not a good thread.

Therefore your opinion is invalid.

>brilliant performances and real charaters, zero "I'M ACTING" moments
>genuinely funny situational humor which does not break the tone of the film
>top notch writing with zero cliches, where other films would have 5 minute monologues from the main character, here it's all said in a single sentence
>the non linear narrative
>comfy setting
>voyeuristic framing and composition where you almost feel like you are eavesdropping on their conversation

The only negatives for me would be somewhat jarring editing in some scenes and the not needed use of the score in the police department scene

reddit: the flick

agree that the score went a bit too hard in that pd scene, the actions of young affleck should be enough

i did however enjoy the occasional jarring cut i think it worked well thematically

It's father who can't relate to their children kino

It's that door kick that made me laugh.

I was drunk when I watched it and I have to agree, boooriiing. All those cheesy women trying to get with him was just cringe inducing.

Well then the film succeeded because those scenes were meant to be cringe inducing, the awkward small talk and the "That's okay" response from him when the girl who spilled the beer asks him what's his name.

You should feel cringy in those scenes.

Yeah I can see how a person can get bored watching it, especially the first half for the first time, and still it's a 10/10 perfect movie.

Well put but I think the cuts and music really do work on a second viewing. At first when you don't have an emotional reference to them they seem simply confusing, but on repeated viewing they make you feel restless and emotional, like you know what is coming and yet you get to feel that with the character. I can't fully convey it atm but it feels powerful and I think it adds to your connection with the character, something about the abruptness of the editing throws you from the afflec's reaction to the scene itself very violently.

>top notch writing with zero cliches, where other films would have 5 minute monologues from the main character, here it's all said in a single sentence

To add to this one user pointed out that emotional scenes in the film feel just like those you had with your close ones: people try to convey what they feel and what comes out is more of an emotional outburst than a coherent sentence and yet you understand it. What is interesting though is that people understand it very differently depending on ways they empathize with the character.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ammlD2QGfw

Just look at those vacant stares, absolutely void of emotion. You can just tell that all they are thinking about is their lines while showing a faux distilled version of emotion.

This is what plebs think is good acting, good god.