Why is it that Japan has lost its power to the point that it's now not as influential as Korea?

Why is it that Japan has lost its power to the point that it's now not as influential as Korea?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=how console emulators work
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how is korea more influential than japan

Go back to k poop cage

Kpop, electronics (Samsung and LG), k dram

Britain brining the bantz

Pretty sure only socially isolated white teenagers like those things

Because Chaebol Capitalism/korean market economy is superior to self-destructive Japanese Mercantile Corporatism.

That's why we are going to see decline of the Japanese political system as a "role model" for most Asian countries in the immediate future.

Once a country becomes powerful and has a different model, said models become prevalent because other countries try to copy or adapt parts of that system.

The Japan did dominate during the 20th century. Still, most Asian countries were inclined to copy the Yamato model. It turned out that the Yamato model did work in densely populated countries with a medium-sized population, without cultural diversity, with few resources and a lot of industries from the past. But as the Yamato model failed to adapt to the times, it started being changed from the inside. A lot of "capitalist" rules were enforced in countries like Japan: pro-liberty reforms in education, health-care and many more that failed to create an environment to reverse the demographic trend within Japan's export-oriented economy.

It turns out that the Japanese model is (or was) the best in order for a country to grow. But is it anymore? I don't think so.

some economic thingy happened in 1991 that fucked everything up
japan was gonna be a superpower

On the contrary what does Japan offer?

Anime?

zaibatsu is very similar to chaebol, that's not the reason

yes

toyota, nissan, honda, suzuki, mazda, subaru, Mitsubishi, lexus
dark souls
breath of the wild was ok
anime i guess

name some console games from korea

pubg

Jap car, tech and media firms are still far more prevalent than Korean companies globally.

Toyota and Nissan are the only relevant ones on that list.

Dark souls is niche but I'll give game consoles.

Cars, tech and pretty good literature I guess, I hate anime and I think the country has a lot to offer
China is better for cultural exports if you're not a weeb
Koreans are a meme ethnicity
>honda
>irrelevant

honda is bigger than nissan

>he doesn't see the million mazdas running around US
baka

>no audi
It's almost like you want us to know you drive a shitbox

I associate all of those with either corporate dishonesty, parts recalls, or shill campaigns.
BoTW was a serious letdown as well.

Honda is fucking gigantic too. Mitsu, Mazda and Subaru are big too but a little less relevent

audi is not japanese, i think you are in the wrong thread friendo

>Audi is Japanese

Leave this thread

>nissan
>onii-san

>Audi is Japanese

Korean cinema is far better than Japanese cinema by the way.

Japanese simply cannot act.

>unironically replying seriously to anyone on this imageboard
Oh, you poor thing.

not true japanse cinema is much more varied than korean cinema

Look up the etymology of Nissan.

I think you should put China instead of Korea if this is referring to a UK-Germany bait.
also, Japan and SK are like UK and Ireland. too close in many aspects.

Train to Busan, Memories of Murder, and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring again... alone BTFO any Japanese movies since Arakawa.

Are you saying this with a straight face or just joking?

>BoTW was a serious letdown as well.
i guess i can understand if you liked previous zeldas
i did not

You're stuck in the 90s, Korea is much more relevant now.

Korea is literally poland of asia and Its as irrelevant as poland.
t. Korean

>the VAs
>Calamity Ganon was so easy it made the whole main quest feel pointless
>720p
>30fps
>gamebreaking special power if you head to the desert first

More like germany and poland. Except germany is a much nicer country to deal with in general.

>also, Japan and SK are like UK and Ireland.

Nah. That only applies for the first half of the 20th century. England and Ireland's beef goes waaaaaaay back.

>t. Korean
>canadian flag
why am i not surprised

samsung, LG, kimchi, gangnam...okay.

these are all Sup Forums-tier superficial complaints
i've never even owned a console

>only socially isolated white teenagers like monitors, televisions and mobile phones

You're seriously out of the loop, man. Japanese cinema stopped being relevant in the late 90s.

Gangnam is a shithole btw.
t. Born there.

ok canada
I mean culturally in modern times

i'm a nokia loyalist

>720p on a $500 console released in 2017 is """""superficial""""

idc i played 60 fps on cemu

It wouldnt be fair to put China because its population and landmass is so much larger, that would be like comparing Britain to America.

I heard the area is super fancy and only for the ultra high class rich though?

Nobody even knows Samsung or LG are Korean companies unless they look it up on the wiki for whatever reason.

i saw the wing about the zero recently it was pretty good, you just don't know how to watch them

>wing
one

I was going to give you a snarky meme response, but can you tell me more about cemu? It's essentially rendering the game onto pc right?

>zero

You mean The Wind Rises? It's been like three years since then dude.

it was not an anime and many people were very angry about it, hold on while i dig it

>you just don't know how to watch them

You're delusional. Get with the times dude. CURRENT Japanese cinema is irrelevant.

it is an emulator for Wii-U
google.com/search?q=how console emulators work

oh the eternal zero it's been 4 years but at least after 90s and now plus shin godzilla evangelion

japanese movies have their own troupe and they are not meant to be viewed as western-cock-sucking movies, so that's why foreigners don't watch them

such as all the cameos and stuff you just got to know previous actor roles and so on

Plz respond

So they're for otaku and weebs? Sounds delightful...

Sports
Who was the first Asian winner of Indycar racing?
Who was/is top class tenis player?
Who won medal in 4 x 400 meters relay
Who dominates MBL player
Whose cars run in F1?
How many medals did SK get in swimming in Olympics?
Who beaten South Africa in rugby world cup?

Electronics?
dont forget camera,fax, motorbike, fishing tool, cutlery, machine tool manufacturers, fashion(uni ku ro), and in many more categories

Who dominates in Nobel award prize holders

How many rockets did sk launch by your own tech?

Culture?
kimchi? basically, kimchi wouldn't taste even spicy if we didn't teach red chili

South Korea is an absolute non country just ripping off from somewhere else.

K poop, most degenerated copy of American hip hop combined with plastic gays and ex deformed monsters factory just to make money deceiving people and leeching and destroying another countries pop culture.

South Korea is disgusting country. I hate it with my full soul

All based on anime/manga.

Furthermore, South Korea's most famous movies were not even released outside SK, so they were not pandering.

Some Japanese movies are.

>being THIS triggered

LMAO

I don't know the situation abroad but here in Japan Samsung gadgets are only for poor people and edgy anti-Apple nerds.
And with the rapidly growing number of Chinese alternative products coming to Japan, they have no appeal any more.

Hyundai Kia cars stopped selling here a while ago but I'm sure they will do good if they make a come back to the Japanese market with their latest affordable cars designed and developed by European big names since the niche non-premium foreign car market once had VW, Ford, Volvo and Opel but Volvo got expensive and VW have been too shitty and ethically unreliable to expect any sales growth and the other two already gone.

>Whose cars run in F1?
not honda if thats what you're thinking
their engines do

>t. Korean
>see flag
>A fucking leaf

not him

>I don't know the situation abroad
Android products have 70% of the marketshare in the US.

Car run without engines?

>It wouldnt be fair
maybe both are not

I think SK is proving japan's influence somehow. UK and Germany are not like that at all.
and I guess someone who thinks Korea has larger influences is thinking the UK still has way larger influences than Germany. I don't know who listens the german pop.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_E

:^)

>Android products
This is intentionally misleading.
I know Android phones are popular overseas but I believe that means new comers like Huawei or Asus are doing fantastic

Australia

Thanks for your info

Gracias seƱor

The Renault's electric motor system came from Nissan anyway

Only because they sold their ecosystem on the cheap to Chinese phone makers

APPL keeps it inhouse

You'd have to be retarded to think an OS held by one company is the superior option.

why does japan not produce smartphones?

OP if you make threads like this, yor depression gets worse by reality and your inferior complex, so behave yourself and go back to k poop cage.

they relied on finland

seriously tho, i know art can be subjective but south korea has some very decent line of cinema that are worth watching, do check some of them out.

Apple OS is THE SINGLE biggest reason they are worth $800 billion

Japanese companies were too late to get in the game.
They focused too much on the domestic market of the dumb phones.
Most Japanese smartphones were shit too.

wtf, who gives a shit about their own value?
how does that benefit the consumer in any way whatosever?

bad management killed a lot of japanese phone manufactures but not all.
For example Sony and Fujitsu.

How big is KPOP and Anime in the West?
I know Kpop is quite mainstream in South East Asia, but I don't think it(& anime) will never be mainstream.
So assume you have 30 students in your class in your highschool, approximately how many do you say are Kpop fans & Anime fans?

anime is growing fast among youth in america, but is still far from mainstream

so 30 students
4 of them watch anime
0 listen to kpop

The Korean government funds film making money to raise the global image of the country through movies.

The Korean film industry enjoy big budget while Japanese film industry is total corrupt garbage.

there are only two good korean films, the rest are shit

One thing I should mention about how we need to learn from Korea is their "greediness".

>muh colonialism

It is YOU

>japs
>greedy for being mad about US breaking oil trade agreements

the war against america was inevitable liberation of asia and righteous self defence.

Kek. There's a lot of good Korean movies. Currently it's the only Asian movie industry that regularly churns out decent movies.

woah all these triggered people, i should have deleted the post faster, j e j

t. Mike Watanabe

Back to the internment camp you go.

oh sword of desperation was pretty good too