Cataluña

spanishbros

what the fuck is the deal with catalonia?

why can't you guys go for a federal state?

where does this whole "need to get out of spain" came from?

>inb4 XIV century unresolved affairs.

Why would we have to go for a federal state just to please the catacucks?

Fuck them. If anything, that's another reason for NOT going federated.

Besides, they wouldn't want to be like the rest of the federated states, they would want to be above all and 10x more snowflake than the others and even so they'd keep bitching.

Why not recognized never their cries?

still not answering where the hate is from, nor why would they go for independence...

Because nationalism.

Let's just agree that all of this is France's fault since it wouldn't have happened if France intervened on the side of the Spanish Republic.

No. They already had the special snowflake status back then. They also revolted against the Republic too.

Which leads me thinking that the best solution is to derogate every single special snowflakeness privilege in Catalonia, transform them into the most cucked and servile province, pour 0 moneys in, 0 investment, take all moneys out, and when it's finally become Albania-tier sell it to France. The Catalonia purchase.

Greatest deal ever.

In my case it's mostly from a lack of respect of our culture, being Spanish has come to be a synonym of being Castillian, our mother tongue is being mocked to the point where they are trying to separate the Aragonese, Valencian and Majorcan languages even though they are the exact same thing (at least i can put in my curriculum that i can speak all of these, hurray!).
I also don't want to put up anymore with an antidemocratic constitution, that was made up as a truce to avoid another civil war.

Becoming federal would definitely require changing the Constitution.

With Aragonese i was referring to what they have come to name as ''Oriental Aragonese'' (meaning Catalan speaking people in Aragon) in recent times.
There's a proper languaje called Aragonese which originated in northern Aragon which recieved influences from Catalan and later from Castillian, apologies to the Aragonese speaking folk out there.

Catalans are cowards. They never organised themselves to drive Castilian chads out of their land Operation Storm style, they never managed to produce a working Catalan nation-state without whoring themselves out to the kings of France, Aragon or Castile. In modern Europe, even Latvians have their own nation-state. Even the biggest cowards in European history, Slovaks, have one. Catalans don't and won't. It's a matter of dignity, and Catalans don't have dignity.

>why can't you guys go for a federal state?
the constitution specifically forbids it
>where does this whole "need to get out of spain" came from?
catalonya was a condate some centuries ago
they started WE WUZZING heavily when the economic crysis of 2009 happened. it seems very cocky and egocentric from the point of view of other regions. specially madrid, since madrid pays shitloads of taxes and doesnt get nearly as much funds, but catalonya still blames them for everything.

This

Catalonians are fucking retarded.

Because they have a seperate and different national identity from the rest of spain, and therefore don't want to be a part of the same nation. It's like with France and Switzerland.

>Catalonians are fucking retarded.
Why wouldn't they want to share a country with people that think this about them, amirite?
This attitude is why we are here.

more than half of catalonyans aren't retarded
dont generalize
not all andalucians are gypsies or all galicians farmers

Being independent makes you a retard? Just to be sure.

being pro-balkanization is retarded in the current situation
if there was real oppression or some kind of undoubtedly evil thing going on in spain, it might have made sense

>be rich
>want to get away from poors
>even have your own language and culture to justify it
>retarded

Catalonia (and the whole North) was poor as shit before Spain decided to put its industrial effort there.

I've worked in Spain (Lleida, one of the most "pro catalunya" provincias/cities in Catalonia) for two years and I've always found that the people who truly want independence are far too young or ignorant to truly know why. Most of them are teenagers/young adults who've just listened to their bitter parents. It also feels like most of them are only wanting independence due to the financial crisis in 2008/9.

Ask them what their reasons are for wanting independence so badly and they'll all say the same menial shit: "We pay way the most tax and it all goes to Andalucia" (this isn't true; Madrid pays the most and all the benefits get spread evenly so that those who struggle get more while those who're economically well off get a smaller handful).

Locals in Barcelona are getting pissy now because they're sick of the tourism which is a HUGE benefactor to their wealth. They want to get rid of the cruiseships and renting out apartment to tourists purely because it has ruined their "once beautiful city" (the Gothic quarter was an absolute shithole but the council done it up all due to tourism).

I do not think it is about balkanization. For Sbane is losing territory, so it could be seen that way. But I do understand catalans wanting to have their own nation. That's why I did not understand why call them retards.

Are you trolling or just ignorant?
I am really serious.
While it is true that traditionally its been the south the rich part of the country, saying that the industrial effort was put in the North is beyond stupid. The point here is that this comes from the times of Reconquista (no kidding). Land ownership was more equitative in the north than in the south, which lead to the north having more freeholders (people that owned their lands, even if they were poor and small), while the south had great landowners and lots of serfs that worked and lived in those lands. This leads to a small burguesy appearing in the north that eventually leads to start creating proto-industries and then evolving to real industry. Once those industries are created, it is just natural that the successive governments prefer to make use of existing industries instead of creating new ones.

>But I do understand catalans wanting to have their own nation
can you explain the benefits to me then? the endgoal? what is it they want from the referendum?

Post approved by Curro Jiménez

France saved us from the communists by not intervening so we should thank them. Also Italy and Germany for their support to true Spaniards

>True Spaniards.
>Killed / left to die the only one true Spaniard. Primo de Rivera

>the constitution specifically forbids it
Youcan change that, you know that right?

This is the exact moment in 2006

>why can't you guys go for a federal state?

Lol we already have one that it's 99% of what a federation is

"it is not enough"

You don't understand, you should not forget that catalonian nationalists actually reclaim the south of france for them.

>changing a constitution
who has done this before? Japan still had the USA-written constitution to this day

>ywn read one of Primo de Rivera's books as he died too young to finish several manuscripts that he had already started writting

clueless crybaby, quina surpresa

We change our constitution almost every new legislature.

Solve the problem in Ukrainian way - send to Catalonia your army and bomb their cities.

We changed our constitution like 30 times and ours has also been written by the US.

You mean observers and aid-trucks?

Isn't that what Russia did to Chechenya

The Spanish government is ababsolutely disgusting. Everyone should have the right to vote regardless of the issue.

spain is 1st world, we send our diplomats and sue their politicians