/cfb/ - taking injuries into consideration edition

>Wednesday, 7:00 EST
ESPN2: Western Michigan (6-4) at Northern Illinois (7-3) (NIU -9.0)

>Thursday, 7:30 EST
ESPN: Tulsa (2-8) at South Florida (8-1) (USF -22.0)

>noon EST
ABC: Virginia (6-4) at #3 Da U (9-0) (Da U -19.0)
CBS: #16 Mississippi State (7-3) at Arkansas (4-6) (MSST -11.5)
FOX: #24 Michigan (8-2) at #5 Wisconsin (10-0) (Wisc -7.5) *ONLY RANKED vs. RANKED MATCHUP OF THE DAY*
ESPN: Texas (currently back) (5-5) at West Virginia (7-3) (WVU -3.5)
ESPN2: La.-Monroe (4-5) at #6 Auburn (8-2) (Aub -37.0)
ESPNU: #15 UCF (9-0) at Temple (5-5) (UCF -14.0)
ESPNN: Southern Methodist (6-4) at #21 Memphis (8-1) (Mem -12.0)
FS1: #12 TCU (8-2) at Texas Tech (5-5) (TCU -6.0)
SECN: Mercer (5-5) at #1 Alabama (10-0) (idk Bama by a lot tho)
BTN: Minnesota (5-5) at #23 Northwestern (7-3) (NU -7.5)
ACCN: THE Citadel (5-5) at #2 Clemson (9-1) (idk Clem by a lot tho)
ACCN: Pitt (4-6) at Virginia Tech (7-3) (VT -15.5)

>3:30 EST
ABC: Illinois (2-8) at #9 THE Ohio State University (8-2) (tOSU -41.0)
CBS: Kentucky (7-3) at #7 Georgia (9-1) (UGA -21.5)
NBC: Navy (6-3) at #8 Notre Dame (8-2) (ND -17.5)
ESPN: #4 Oklahoma (9-1) at Kansas (1-9) (OU -37.0)
ESPN2: Kansas State (5-5) at #13 Okie State (8-2) (OKST -20.5)

>4:00 EST
FOX: Maryland (4-6) at #17 Michigan State (7-3) (MSU -16.0)
FS1: Nebraska (4-6) at #10 Penn State (8-2) (PSU -26.0)
SECN: Wofford (9-1) at South Carolina (7-3) (it's a Cocks get upset by an FCS episode)
SECN: UAB (7-3) at Florida (3-6) (UF -10.5) (come watch the Gators get eliminated from Bowl contention)

>7:00 EST
ESPN: #20 LSU (7-3) at Tennessee (4-6) (LSU -15.5)
ESPN2: aTm (6-4) at Ole Miss (5-5) (Miss -3.0)
PAC12N: Arizona (7-3) at Oregon (5-5) (pick em)

>7:30 EST
ESPNU: #19 NC State (7-3) at Wake Forest (6-4) (WF -1.5)

>8:00 EST
ABC: The Victory Bell (USC -16.0)
FOX: The Big Game (Stan -15.5)

>10:30 EST
ESPN: Utah (5-5) at #18 Washington (8-2) (Wash -17.5)

>full schedule
espn.com/college-football/schedule

Other urls found in this thread:

awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/dear-media-outlets-stop-using-playoff-committee-rankings-instead-ap-poll.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_Kentucky_Wildcats_football_team
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also this week:

>Tuesday, 7:00 EST
Ohio 34, Akron 37

>12:30 EST
Twitter (maybe): The Game: Harvard (5-4) at Yale (8-1)
Twitter (most likely): The Rivalry: Lafayette (3-7) at Lehigh (4-6) (most-played series in CFB)

>3:30 EST
BTN: Purdue (4-6) at Iowa (6-4) (Iowa -7.5)

>6:30 EST
BEIN: Army (8-2) at North Texas (7-3) (UNT -3.0)

>7:00 EST
Facebook: Marshall (7-3) at UTSA (5-4) (UTSA -1.0)
Twitter: Shula Bowl (FAU -14.5)

>7:30 EST
SECN: Mizzou (5-5) at Vanderbilt (4-6) (Miz -8.5)

>TO THE GRUMOR MILL

Playoffs. Screenshot this post I don't give a fuck.

Bama v. Wisconsin
Miami v Georgia

Championship game
Bama v. Georgia

Alabama is no match for the mighty Sooners. OU has your number.

>First time OU and Bama met, at the end of the 1962 season, #5 Bama won 17-0 over #8 Oklahoma (HOF coach Bear Bryant vs HOF coach Bud Wilkinson) in the historic Orange Bowl in Miami's Little Havana. Joe Namath was the Bama QB and President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy in attendance.

>Then in 1970, it was a 24-24 tie in Houston's historic Astrodome (Bear Bryant vs Chuck Fairbanks)

Since then, it's been all Sooners, as the Sooners have gone 3-0 vs Bama and 11-4 vs the SEC:
>3-0 vs Bama (2002, 2003, 2014)
>2-0 vs Tennessee (2014, 2015)
>1-0 vs Auburn (1972) - #5 Auburn got BTFO by #3 Oklahoma in the Sugar 40-22
>1-0 vs Arkansas (2002)
>2-0 vs Kentucky (1980, 1982)
>2-0 vs Vandy (1976, 1977)
>0-1 vs LSU in New Orleans (14-21) for the 2003 National Championship Game
>0-1 vs aTm (2013) the year Johnny Football won the Heisman
>0-1 vs Florida and Tebow in Miami (14-24) for the 2009 National Championship Game
>0-1 vs Ole Miss (1999) when OU was in it's first year under Stoops

against Bama it's been:

>2002 - OU beat Bama 37-27 in Norman on ABC in one of the most-watched games of the year. Bama finished #11, Oklahoma #3

>2003 - OU beat Bama 20-13 at Alabama (don't remember if they planted the flag to claim Bryant-Den-AY as their rightfully owned property)

>2014 - Bama had a GOAT team and is eager to Restore Order in the Sugar Bowl in downtown New Orleans, the grand Old City of the South and the SEC, and OU blew them out 45-31

What's it like being owned by another Blue Blood, Alabama?

Against Auburn, that Sugar Bowl is the only time they faced OU. Basically Oklahoma owns the Entire State of Alabama

>the state of Alabama

>the state of Alabama

>the state of Alabama

GO BLUE

>Pre cfp games mattering
>At all.

Stop living in the past cuck. It isn't healthy.

cfb is all about history. if you're not down with it, you're not down with cfb.. You are the weakest link. Good bye

>2-0 vs Kentucky
Yeah but you lost the big one didnt you?
We National Champs faggot

Forgot pic related enjoy.

any crispy clean locks bois?

Mercer

Cfb is all about the present. If Western Michigan beat bama they would have the right to trash talk for the year.

Worried? ;)

You're retarded.
Georgia and bama is an either/or situation due to the conference championship.
Wiscy will not win out.
Miami very well might so good job.

>OU-Okie State will be the Big 12 CG
>Stanford-USC will be the Pac-12 CG
>Clemson-Da U is the ACC CG
>tOSU will be in the B1G CG
>Bama/Auburn-UGA will be the SEC CG
Think of the memes

Which schools that are good at football have the most intelligent players?

Grambling

So will Trump step in and pick the playoff teams himself when the committee puts Clemson at #4 after they lose the ACCCG?

Probably by default Stanford

out of good teams right now? Notre Dame and Wisconsin
out of teams that are questionably good? Michigan, Northwestern, Stanford, USC, Washington

The bulldawgs crumple,
war eagles die, with wet eyes
But the Tide rolls on.

is this, dare i say, /our/ team?

they are if they lose this week and win next week

>You are the weakest link. Good bye

if you like cheering for the biggest losers, then yes, yes it is

ULM upsets Auburn this weekend. Cap it.

games to watch this weekened?

Temple UCF

Rutgers isn’t even the biggest loser in the B1G
Georgia Southern is /ourguys/

Texas-WVU
It will test how back Texas is

>5-5
>back
every time

The Top 11 teams in the current CFBPlayoff rankings have combined to win 47 of the 81 AP Poll National Championships (58%) since 1936. Only one team (Wisconsin) in this Top 11 has failed to win an AP Poll National Championship.

On the off chance Wisconsin wins out but gets left out because “muh injuries”, if the 3 seed wins the championship and the Badgers win their bowl game to go 14-0, will the AP give them their natty?

TEXAS
IS
BACK
TO
A
BOWL
GAME

Well it looks like these 4 get in if they win out:
Bama/Auburn
Miami/Clemson
Oklahoma
Wisconsin

next in line:
Georgia
Ohio State
ND
TCU
USC

So let's say Wisky wins out and gets left out of the playoffs somehow (which probably won't happen unless they want two SEC teams or two ACC teams)...

Wisky would face one of these in the bowl:
>Bama/Auburn/Georgia losers
>Miami/Clemson loser
>maybe Oklahoma if they lose another
>they will have already beaten Ohio State (which will get them in the cfp most likely)

if Wisky beats one of those in the bowl then yeah, i could see people wanting to give them #1 for a split title

Pretty much this, there’s only 8 teams left in contention unless everyone shits the bed. The playoff will be

SEC champ
ACC champ
Wisconsin (if they win out)
Oklahoma (if they win out)

next in line will be
Bama (if they lose to Auburn or UGA)
loser of the ACC title game
loser of SEC title game (if Auburn or Georgia)

If Clemson loses to Miami, they are completely out with losses to Syracuse and Miami not enough to balance out the early season win vs Auburn back before Auburn had their shit together

If Miami loses to Clemson, slim chance they get in as they have looked very mediocre this year until they beat
>a VT team with a freshman QB and one of the worst running games in the nation
>and BTFO ND to send them skyrocketing up the polls

in the SEC, no way Auburn or Georgia get inunless they win the SEC. As for Bama, if they lose @Auburn in a legendary Iron Bowl that could have gone either way (which will keep Bama out of the SECCG), Bama could get in, probably as the only SEC team even over the SEC Champ (unless Auburn gets Georgia convincingly again)

You are not going to see two teams from the same conference this year. It's not going to happen. It will be the SEC champ, B1G champ, ACC champ, Big 12 champ. Count it.

only way two teams from same conference get in is if Bama loses @Auburn in a legendary Iron Bowl that could go either way and Auburn blow Georgia the fuck out again in the SEC Championship

Then it'd be
>Bama (1 loss to red hot Auburn)
>ACC Champ
>Oklahoma
>Wisconsin if they win out or 2-loss red hot Auburn who just beat Bama and BTFO Georgia twice, and between those two it will be interesting who they pick. My guess would be Auburn because Auburn has the better QB and Wisky lost the only WR they were using for the season. Plus the pedigree thing

>it's a Cocks get upset by an FCS episode
This pleases me

Would you say it pleases your cock?

>“Right now I see inconsistencies. I see straight entertainment benefit,” Joel Klatt said on his tour of FS1 shows Wednesday. “Clemson at (No. 2) ahead of Miami and Oklahoma is laughable. Absolutely laughable. You line up the resumes and they’re not all that close. Clemson has two top-15 wins. Oklahoma has three.

>"It’s bordering on completely untrustworthy," he said. "That’s a little scary for someone who loves the sport. Lives and breathes the sport. And wants to give the credit for the way they play on the field. This committee right now is laughable with the inconsistencies they are giving us from a week to week basis. The only way you earn trust is through consistency of behavior and we’ve seen zero.

>"Right now it’s looking like we’re going to have a mess at the end of the year based on the way teams are playing and the way teams are getting upset. We could have all kinds of scenarios where 8-9-10 teams have a claim to the College Football Playoff."

Joel Klatt channeling his inner Skip Bayless

never say never dude. chaos in the SEC and miami losing close to clemson would basically guarantee two acc teams.

Or a Wisconsin loss in the B1GCG

This is how the SEC gets knocked out of the top 4 entirely

>Wisconsin and OU win out
>The ACC championship is a 3-point game REGARDLESS of who wins
>And Auburn only wins by a possession

Here's a funny scenario
Is there a way in which OU doesn't make the top 4 while winning out?
The only way I can think of is:
>OU beats OK State by a possession
>Wisconsin absolutely bootyblasts Ohio St which weakens OU's quality win resume
>Bama wins out
>ACC championship is a close 3-point win REGARDLESS of who wins

In addition to , is the iron bowl a must-win for Bama?

Can a 11-1 Bama still get in or do they need the SEC championship as well?

Auburn win SEC
Bama only loss Iron Bowl

Wiscy win out

Miami win out

OU get left out

The beginning of December will be a glorious time
>conference championship games
>toradora stream starts
>xenoblade 2 comes out

>living in the past

So a one-loss Alabama gets in over Oklahoma?
I'm not sure about it since Alabama hasn't really beaten anyone this year.

>Ohio State, TCU, OK State, and TCU/OkState again >> LSU and Mississippi State
although
>losing to Iowa St is worse than losing to Auburn

recency bias would help Oklahoma but the committee wants Alabama in if they can plausibly make it happen
We'll see.

>Auburn wins out
>TCU gets revenge against Oklahoma
>Wisconsin loses to OSU
>Miami beats Clemson
In this scenario, who goes? Auburn, Bama, Miami, and...? Is it possible the committee would put in two 2-loss teams?

No they need the SEC Championship
This Bama team isn't as good as the previous 3

The committee has fucking Clemson over OU right now. They won't drop Alabama out of the top 4 because of 1 loss against Auburn since they'll have the "best loss" of all the 1-loss teams.

Literally every team in the top 10 at the point would have 2 losses so technically yes

In that scenario, the 4th team would be Clemson if ACC Championship is TIGHT. I wanted to say Notre Dame has a chance but I think a 1-loss Wisconsin gets in over Notre Dame, imo. More likely is Ohio State if they blowout Wisconsin.

Ohio State no doubt.

awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/dear-media-outlets-stop-using-playoff-committee-rankings-instead-ap-poll.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ohio State won't make it to the B1G championship

Best QBs in cfb rn
1. Lamar Jackson (not a meme at all. Best runner I’ve seen in years, at any position)
2. Baker Mayfield
3. Josh Rosen
4. Darnold
5. Mason Rudolph

This is maybe a freakish idea college fans don't want

But why don't they use change the system so that you have four conferences with two divisions each. A total of 72 teams, 18 per conf. 9 per div.

The regular season is a round robin of the division. Winner goes to CCG. Winner goes to semifinal, etc etc.

You divide teams based on location so Pacific, Atlantic, South Eastern and Northern conference or something like that.

Everything is decided in on the field not in some meeting room by biased judges.

>Clemson at (No. 2) ahead of Miami and Oklahoma is laughable

It's laughable that Clemson is ranked ahead of Oklahoma or Ohio State, same way it's laughable that Miami is ranked ahead of Clemson

>Lamar Jackson (not a meme at all. Best runner I’ve seen in years, at any position)

But he sucks so bad at passing in every game I've watched. He should be a RB/WR. It's like if Petrino went to Stanford and had Love chuck the ball around vs the ACC-tier teams, he'd have Love looking like Lamar Jackson

>Nebraska looking at Jim mcelwain or bielema
Jesus Christ that program is embarrassing

>Bielema

Just nuke the program while they're at it

Why aren't they throwing the check book at Frost? Dude went there in the 90's. Should be able to have a shot at getting him based on ties

>Ohio State

>bielema

Omg please do this

>Ohio State loses to Oklahoma
>Gets violated in the middle of the field by Iowa
Yeah I can see why they should be ahead of a team who's only loss was when their qb was out

>Mcelwain
wont happen. They don't have sharks in Nebraska

if i was Scott frost i would never be a part of Nebraska again. the guys been jilted 3 times, twice as a player and laughed out of the athletic department when he tried to break into coaching with them.

i think he wants to stay at UCF or in Florida at least, but is getting a dose of reality this year about the near impossibility of a g5 getting into the top 4

Arkansas fires AD Jeff Long effective immediately and Arkansas pays the buyout to get rid of him. Looks like Bret Bielema is done

Long was Arkansas AD since 2008 and his first major move was a great one, hiring Petrino away from the Atlanta Falcons. One he got his players in place, Petrino guided the Hogs to a 25-5 mark before Long fired him for the infamous motorcycle incident and its fallout in April of 2012. He lured Bret Bielema away from Wisconsin after the ’12 season; Bielema is 29-32 overall and 11-27 in SEC play in five seasons as the head Hog.

The final nail in the coffin was Arkansas getting BTFO by LSU in the rivalry game.. Arkansas had always played LSU tough before

Note Bieleman's first bowl at Arkansas was beating the ever living shit out Texas, outgaining them 351 yards to 59 before a sellout crowd in the Texas Bowl in Houston in NRG Stadium (where the NFL Texans play), Ark had the ball for 41:10 minutes as Texas only had the ball for 18:50. The worst blow out in Texas history. It basically destroy Charlie Strong's career at Texas from the get go and set back Texas significantly as aTm took over the state

I'm sure Memebaugh might challenge >us again after that 2019 class of his has a year or two under their belt

that is, if he still has a job after 0 wins in The Game, 0 division titles, and 0 B1G Champ trophies in 2021

You forgot last year's sugarb owl too.

There's no way to get around the fact that fans (especially anOSU fans) will whine and bitch about how their 1-loss team that happened to lose to a 1-loss team in their conference which lost the conference championship should be included in the playoff over the 2-loss conference champion from the other division.
Also, the conferences are not limited to football. In addition to usually including other sports, they include joint academic programs. Getting rid of or seriously changing the existing conferences would fuck that all up.

>that front page
>Tulane pounding ECU
Jesus Christ Pirates, what the hell happened to you?

>What's it like being owned by another Blue Blood, Alabama?

again:

No fucking way they would look at either of them.
Quinn is an idiot for mentioning them. I don't think Bill Moos is stupid enough to go after those two.

Tennessee are the '51 national champs nigger. They beat you 28-0.

Yes, actually.

I understand that it would be a complete change

But just from my non-American perspective the way college football is setup just seem so strange.
That it's not all decided on the field. People will always have biases and if they get to decide they won't or can't be unbiased

not a single watch-worthy game this weekend. Unless you want to see Wisconsin trail for 3 quarters and come back to beat Michigan 17-16

Sucks until you BTFO them in the natty.
>You now know the relationship between Alabama and Texas
>Alabama never beat Texas until 2009 BCS National Championship

It's definitely a retarded system. I don't think there's any way to improve it in the near future. The most likely short-term cause for change would be one of the conferences consistently missing out on the playoffs.
An unrelated question, why are there Icelandic road signs in the captcha?

Well Jackson is completing 60% of his passes
I would still rather have Baker Mayfield because of his decision making and level-headedness. The dude almost never panics...almost to a fault

Wait shit I meant Maryland.

I wrote undergraduate research using Big 12 rights to the University if Texas library. It would fuck a lot of shit up.

Google can't read Icelandic I guess

The last thing we need is centralized college football

>Bielema is 29-32 overall and 11-27 in SEC play in five seasons as the head Hog.

it's like any scrub can win in the Big Ten West. How shitty have things gotten in Lincoln, Nebraska when all they can do is be bottom feeders there?

i hope the ecu trip didn't off himself, poor fella was hyping them up preseason and still thought they would make a bowl a couple weeks back

same thing with the current Wisconsin coach. Bottom feeder at Pitt, GOAT in the Big Ten West. What are you doing Nebraska?

the system is flawed yes but it is very difficult to install something universally agreed upon as fair while still maintaining the regular season, which is its own draw in college football. its like a 15 week playoff and only absolute excellence is rewarded unless you are ohio state or notre dame.

any postseason that strictly invites conference champions would ruin that and turn it into a much less exciting spectacle than it is every week. not only would rivalry games matter much less, but also you would lose any incentive for big ooc matchups every year (like Miami v ND or FSU v alabama)

This is the 1950 season, not 1951 and I don't know what Maryland game youre referring to
We lost to Tennessee 0-7 in the regular season. But we were conference champs, so we went to the sugar bowl and beat the AP's number 1 team (the mighty boomer sooner).
Naturally though the AP awarded their "National Championship" to Oklahoma before the game. Still got their ass beat by us and AP got embarrassed. We national champs of 1950
sauce: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_Kentucky_Wildcats_football_team

compare to Gary Anderson, he sucks everywhere but goes to the Big Ten West and is GOAT. What are you doing Nebraska?

my dude the entire conference is a fraud not just a division

you see young, user.

It doesn't matter how well you play ranked opponents, doesn't even matter if you blow those ranked teams out. All that matters is how you blowout the unranked ones.

That's up from 56.2% last year and 54.7% the year before that. Jackson sucks at passing. Petrino can make any RB who chucks the ball around complete 60% of his passes vs ACC-tier teams. Teddy Bridgewater completed 71.0% of his passes his junior year (and last year) at Louisville, up from 68.5% the year before that and 64.5% the year before that. And his coach was Charlie Strong, not a passing game guru like Petrino