Why is Hollywood releasing so many WWII movies for the next two years?

>deadline.com/2017/02/tom-hanks-greyhound-wwii-film-sony-pictures-in-world-rights-deal-for-tom-hanks-wwii-sony-pictures-c-s-forester-aaron-schneider-1201907812/
>darkhorizons.com/oscar-isaac-plays-ww2-spy-in-garbo-network/
>google.com/amp/variety.com/2016/film/news/bradley-cooper-ww2-movie-drama-atlantic-wall-1201929254/
>manlymovie.net/2015/07/tank-movie-panzer-88-still-rolling-forward.html
>m.imdb.com/title/tt4555426/
>abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jennifer-lawrence-reportedly-play-world-war-ii-spy-38304956
>businessinsider.com/bradley-cooper-new-war-movie-ghost-army-2015-6
>m.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/
>m.imdb.com/title/tt5556250/
>m.imdb.com/title/tt1235187/
>pegasusbridgethemovie.com
>deadline.com/2017/02/paul-giamatti-jeff-daniels-catcher-was-a-spy-paul-rudd-moe-berg-1201906559/
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zookeeper's_Wife_(film)
>m.imdb.com/title/tt5892254/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=00Ap24TAX7k
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Bismarck
denofgeek.com/us/movies/bad-robot/261932/overlord-jj-abrams-zombie-wwii-film-gets-director
jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians
youtube.com/watch?v=PAKRyBH7CBM
youtube.com/watch?v=5WetxiRlkek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because libtards love an event where strong white German men were the enemy and le minorities were the oppressed. It's like their favorite genre. Meanwhile they don't make many movie about the Pacific theatre.

JewwyWood is officially in damage control mode.

Retards. Particularly when WWI was a better war.
youtube.com/watch?v=00Ap24TAX7k

Half of those look good, the other half look meh

To keep reminding people that Trump is literally Hitler.

"better"

Ya mean way cooler?

>Hollywood makes a crap ton of WW2 capeshit
>not a single one is about the mighty German battleship 'Bismarck'

trump hitler stuff

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Bismarck

Seriously read up on it, it only made one sortie but it's downfall was epic

People are over the glut of WW2 media we got inundated with the early 2000s, and it's one of the most interesting events in Europe's history.

Even as a burger, I'd prefer to see a lot more of the events that led up to the war, especially with Italy and Russia.

>Meanwhile they don't make many movie about the Pacific theatre.

This.

Nor do they even remotely give the same attention to the war-crimes of the Soviet Union, which spanned an entire century and utterly dwarf the war-crimes of Nazi Germany to the point where it isn't even funny.

Its Americas' way of jerking itself off, remembering the very last time our country mattered on the world stage.
Also, its the last war that had a very clear 'good guys vs bad guys' that the general public can get behind.
Americans don't like shades of grey, or having to read or think about more than 2 choices.
You need to boil it down to left or right, red or blue, good or evil.
WW2 was the perfect example of that in the public eye.

You forgot one

denofgeek.com/us/movies/bad-robot/261932/overlord-jj-abrams-zombie-wwii-film-gets-director

Way cooler and not as overplayed as WWII.

Yeah, I bet they were really fucking up the world all those times peasants shouting about muh Christ killers chased them with pitchforks. Dumbfuck.

>overlord jj abrams

Because most of Hollywood unironically supports communism.

>and it's one of the most interesting events in Europe's history.
There are other events and periods that are at least as interesting, and subjectively moreso.
Truth is it's just that the public knows the events of WW2 and has a certain historiography pre-installed into their brains. If it was something like the Napoleonic wars, people would get confused and be like "why should I care about these people, who's the good guys?", because events are so far in the past and the French weren't villified and brutalised into "de-Revolutionisation" like the Germans (and every other pale-skin country west of the Iron curtain) have been "de-Nazified".

Because Far-Right parties are gaining support in Europe

Finish Winter War or the Erna long range recon unit would be awesome.

Makes sense

I know user, I know

Nah man, two phrases: totalitarianism and industrialized warfare.

French revolution would be damn fine as well. Napoleon would probably have to be two movies just to make non-Euros care why he was such a big deal.

Well that and WW2 had tanks

PROPAGANDA

Because the h*locaust "survivors" are finally dying off and they know within 20 years max everyone will forget all bout it.

Every decade or so, they like to reinforce/slightly augment the fact that we should all remember the evil Nazis and how bad the Jews were treated. I say "slightly augment" because it always seems like they add on more numbers to the death tolls and make the Nazis more evil.

The jew does not want to wake the white man up.

> because it always seems like they add on more numbers to the death tolls and make the Nazis more evil.

No they don't, and I'm sure you know they don't. Why are Sup Forums tards always lying about literally everything? It's weird.

It's easier to sell to audiences than other historical events such as, say, WW1, because everybody knows about it and it has very clear good guys and bad guys. Audiences are just confused by other events because they aren't taught as much and the historiography is often much more complicated.

Also the Holocaust allows for easy Oscar bait.

>Even as a burger, I'd prefer to see a lot more of the events that led up to the war, especially with Italy and Russia.

Watch Soviet Storm my friend. Very interesting but it is a documentary. It shows some great feats of ingenuity by both Russians and Germans in the harshest theatre of war that has ever existed.

I wish my Grandpa had lived to see Hacksaw Ridge. They literally showed the shelling he did.

He would watch war movies about comraderie but never liked wearing his naval hat or his medals.

I was going to join the Air Force after undergrad once 9-11 happened. He talked me out of it.

Dodged that bullet and went to grad school instead.

Too late for them then lol

WWI has the best warkino

>Christ killers
They rarely got removed from countries because of that reason. They were getting removed because they were caught sacrificing children, drinking their blood, crippling rates of usury and nepotism.

When the Moors conquered Spain the jews flipped sides and betrayed the people they had lived with for centuries just so they coud be tax collectors for the muslims. Seven hundred years of this and of course the Spanish would not forget in 1492.

>Also the Holocaust allows for easy Oscar bait.

Apparently not, since if you search best picture winners there's literally one about the holocaust, unless I'm mistaken.

^

This. And """"""""""""""""""""holocaust""""""""""""""""""""" survivors are nearly all dead.

All of that is complete bullshit though you useful idiot. Pick up an actual history book.

Not an argument.

You're right, it's an insult. You're a retard.

>that's not true!
>why?
>it's complete bullshit! read a book!
Kek

You won't find the truth in modern, revised history books. Typical Americlap education at work you fucking nigger.

There is 0% chance Hollywood will make a better film than the 1985 The Unknown Soldier or 1989 "Winter War" about the Finnish wars.

Besides, why do you even care if a film is Hollywood production. It's more often than not sign of shit than anything promising ever since NH ended.

world war three is probably around the corner. seeing a lot of war helps desensitize it

>Mighty
>Small
>Outdated armor layout
>Would and did get utterly ruined by anything made after 1930
Also

That, and WW1 was a god damn cluster fuck. A black political comedy might work.

Ya, they stopped adding numbers awhile ago, but it should still be pointed out at all times to reinforce the fact that it's a bunch of bs. They definitely make the Nazi's more evil though, and people seem more and more willing to except that they really were "evil" and not just people doing things people do.

WE

Oscar bait != Oscar win, but it doesn't stop it from being Oscar bait.

I want a film about this fat pig and his """""plays""""" with naked chicks.

>b-but muh master race Nazis hated degeneracy!

>Ya, they stopped adding numbers awhile ago

They're actually taking numbers away now. Jews are now admitting that they just made numbers up for the holocaust whenever it suited them.

jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians

A remake of The Unknown Soldier is in production right now. It'll be released in October this year.

>according to neo nazi shills you won't find the truth

fixed your post for you, gullible halfwit

It won't beat Mollberg's film, considering Mollberg was a genius and Louhimies is a legitimate hack.

youtube.com/watch?v=PAKRyBH7CBM

Ad Hominem.

ww1 was boring as fuck

DUDE TRENCHES LMAO

> Drinking children's blood

I thought they were supposed to use them for baking or making golems. So many blood libel stories, so little time.

It sounds like one of them is about Germans as protagonists

They just get persecuted and kicked out of every country they ever go to because they have unlikable faces am I right?

Literally your entire belief system is an ad hominem you double digit IQ polerina shitposter

You're the reason Trump is the president.

Insular societies and lack of integration into local culture. But don't even act like the current wave of refugees bring across-the-board literacy and money to put into the economy.

>war crimes of the Soviet Union
>somehow spanned more time than the wars went on
Burgerclap education everybody

>Insular societies and lack of integration into local culture.
Sorry, many of the countries that expelled the jewry had other such groups. They did not get forcibly removed.

Because WWII and evil Nazis are practically an ideology now.

Is it bad where i almost feel sorry for Germany? Especially now I know how the banks fucked them i.e. Jews.

OH GOD WHY IS Sup Forums ALWAYS RIGHT

I'd love to see something about the Russian wars in Chechnya, though I can see why it'd be hard to make a successful movie about. Aside from not involving the west, it'd be insanely bleak.
I read a Russian soldier's memoirs who was in the first and second wars and I could only read a bit in one sitting because there was virtually nothing positive ever, just nonstop depression
>Today I got shitkicked by a bunch of recon soldiers
>Then I was tasked with unloading body bags for a week
>Then two of my friends were tortured and decalitated by Chechens
>Then we accidentally blew up a family in their home
Etc. etc. for the whole story

>wanting an end to mass-immigration from 3rd World countries
>"""Far-Right"""

Yeah I don't have very high hopes for the movie either but I hope it'll be better than other recent finnish war films such as Tali-Ihantala or Raja 1918.

Actually my favorite recent "finnish" war film is the estonian 1944 from 2015.

>Meanwhile they don't make many movie about the Pacific theatre.

Because it was fucking boring.
Tiny Japan against the United States, how is that even interesting or "heroic"?

How the banks fucked them?

He is technically being incorrect by referring to their history of crimes against humanity as war crimes, but it's clear what he's trying to say
Stop being obtuse

I'm pretty sure Putin would never allow that.

Firstly I still have to look into it further I'm taking this with a large handful of salt but to effectively understand WWII you have to at least go back to WWI and the conditions that led to a nationalistic Nazi Germany.

Not really. You have to go back to 1929 because before that the Nazis were completely irrelevant.

What a brave statement, alt righterina.

Some people believe both are the same thing, and it's not up to me to give them the benefit of doubt.
To continue on the subject though, I hope we also get movies about crimes against humanity the US has committed. Let's learn more about the Soviet Union's crimes, sure (as long as it's not made-up bullshit like HURRR THEY WERE MACHINEGUNNING EAST GERMAN DEFECTORS IN THE BERLIN WALL like in every sensationalist Cold War drama ever. I had a family member who narrowly escaped one wave of crimes against humanity in Russia after the war, I'd like to see an objective movie about those who got caught up in it for example), but let's also put on display the mountains of skeletons contained in the "good guys" closets.

This should be made into a silent film with dreamlike atmosphere

Keep doubling down. You'll never work it out.

The true non Sup Forums answer is this

Big studio in Hollyowood will get a great script set in WWII. Other studios hear about the script and try and cash in with a shitter script in order to make some money with little effort on the hype train. It happens with every genre

>which spanned an entire century and utterly dwarf the war-crimes of Nazi Germany
Actually the earlier estimates of Stalin's crimes were vastly exaggerated.

This.

Same happened with Great Gatbs - Wolf of Wall Street

and Inception - Shutter Island

many such cases

Can't let people forget about the six gorillion and how ebil the gnazis were.

You're just listing various Leo films.

It had a much larger size than the King George V class that she fought. She had a bigger armorment too. It took a ridiculous amount of hits to sing the Bismarck and even then it was confirmed many years later that it sank via scuttling as the damage it received from naval fire didn't do fatal damage

That's LITERALLY HITLER/far right you just described

True, the Pacific War is pretty boring, but that's not why Hollywood ignores it in favor of the fighting Europe

Like you somehow "worked out" from my posts that I'm liberal? There's no limit to the delusion of nazi shills with their falsified history and alternative facts. You're easily the dumbest people in modern civilization.

youtube.com/watch?v=5WetxiRlkek

The Poles recently made a WWII movie about evil Ukrainians, evil Germans, evil Russians and evil Poles. Basically everyone is a cunt in this, some are just bigger cunts than others.

There have been a hundred WWII movies every year since the end of the war. Relatively speaking it happened extremely recently and the world is still reacting to it.

(((Hollywood))) wants to make sure we remember the 100 gorillion

No, better

>Evening in the UK
>Site is at its absolute worst, deranged mouth breathing unbelievably stupid nazi drones spamming every single thread, crying their eyes out

Has anyone else noticed that Brits are the worst people on this site? Why is that?

We need more films showing heroic Ukrainians fighting against evil Polish and Jewish civilians.

Buzz off lib

Ukraine isn't even a country.

You guys still bitter over that Galicia thing back in 1918? You guys got it back after a bit.

There are quite a few actually