What was on the 13th floor?

What was on the 13th floor?

illegal shit. You could pretty much smell the psychosphere on the 12th

They were.

Who was he shooting at, here?

Can someone explain the ending to me? I'm stupid.

Dubs and you die tomorrow

It's kino, it can't be explained, only understood.

dubs and you're dead, sorry

Ed Tom's dream, mostly the events of the film being subconsciously filtered through his dream, had him realize that the world has always been shit, and will continue to be shit. Bad men get away with murder, good men die, no rhyme or reason to it. Shit happens.

There's a small idea in there about the death of god among the American people, "I always thought when I got older that God...would sort of come into my life in some way. He didn't."

You can slash this in half and refer to the films title.

America really is no country for old men. Physically, cognitively, sexually and morally every man ever, will be unable to compete with the evolving world.

Hulk Hogan seems to do fine.

He lived long enough to see his true rivals die. Feel sorry for him.

Checked. So we should only die young? Ed Tom's fault was that he never had any children of his own, to be honest. He wouldn't have gone on his quest to chase Moss if had a family to keep him rooted.

just fired a shot there in case someone was hiding. When he rents his own room which is identical he checks that spot out to see how strong it is

Wait, it's a dream movie?

Marcellus Wallace's soul.

No. Dreams are subconscious thoughts you had in your day/week/life filtered through strange shit. Like when preteens have wet dreams as they begin puberty.

That fucking bird came back.

Yeah but, is the movie a dream from Tommy Lee Jones based on his life as a cop?

No.

When I was a kid I used to think the film was running dual narratives, that Ed Tom and Chigurh were the same character and that the film was showing both his now time as a sheriff and his then time as a hitman.

Is there a cheaper and lazier way to "symbolyze" something than by having a character talk about a dream?

I don't think it was cheap at all. The film is very much about Ed Tom's realization about the world. Had the film ended with Chigurh walking away from the car crash, we wouldn't have Ed Tom's thoughts on the movie. The fact that people still ask ten years later "what does the dream mean" shows that it wasn't cheap or lazy.

Wait what? Well, it's a good theory but I don't see any part in the movie that shows you they're both the same person.

>The fact that people still ask ten years later "what does the dream mean" shows that it wasn't cheap or lazy.

It's an easy way to keep the people talking. It's clickbait. It's Nolan.

I don't know how else should they have sended the message, I'm not a filmmaker ffs do your job, but that didn't work.

>It's an easy way to keep the people talking. It's clickbait. It's Nolan.

The only time Nolan did this to my knowledge is "was Dom dreaming?" That's hardly anything as close as "the world has always sucked, and always will."

As for an alternative way to do it, it could've been interesting if the film had ended after Ellis tells Ed Tom about the Indians who shot Uncle Mac in his doorway, reflecting the Mexicans shooting Moss in the motel doorway. After Ellis tells Uncle Mac's story, we would see Ed Tom's face connecting the dots that nothing's changed since 1909 and 1980. Then cut to black?

Yes, it could well be cheap, but I think it can get very difficult with other methods... maybe the character reading a representative poem? A montage of, well, a montage of what?

Dubs and you love a long, happy, and fulfilling life.

That is some high level face blindness autism

His old man was carrying a fire horn in a snow storm (light in a dark world). He had gone ahead and was waiting for him (dead as Ed Tom would be soon).

Which low level company that's maybe worth 10 million in assets would be involved in such a thing?

Or maybe the company itself was a front

wasn't that just some korean creepypasta

It's actually two dreams about how a grown/elderly man is scared and wanted his daddy.

>When I was a kid

>Surely, this film came out last year or something.
>checks
>Jesus am I that old?

>I don't know how else should they have sended the message

man you really are a special type of stupid huh

It's not symbolism. He is a character who has dreams. We ALL have dreams and often they do represent things in our subconscious. This is just him acting out his character.

It's about superstition. They don't have a thirteenth floor, because they are superstitious, but at the same time, they don't believe that Chigurh is really anything "special."

Hopefully, a movie that isn't utter trash.