mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-spin-class-axed-9906600
youtube.com/watch?v=O34Por_fqQU
youtu.be/U-jIIlQvVrM
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_glfYFFvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

actual thread

You're such a fag

ayy lets go mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-spin-class-axed-9906600

HAHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

T O O E A S Y P O S H O

Don't forget to visit /lbg/

so we don't go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on?

Is this the only companion that was straight up killed?

No

>who is katarina?
>who is adric?
>who is clala?

DON'T
FORGET
TO
VISTA
/lbg/

shitty excel to the rescue

lel
what a fucking failure of a spin off

>lets make a spin off set at coal hill except clara is dead so there's no link to the main show except the name of the school

i'm usually one who enjoys everything and defends episodes but class was unwatchable shit.

Well that's not surprising. It probably had potential, but it, at the end of the day was just a buffy clone.

Why is the current theme so shit?

2008 theme was best
youtube.com/watch?v=O34Por_fqQU

>Leela's in it. What should I know about Leela's post-Doctor life? I know she stayed on Gallifrey with K9 and got into it and stuff
Stuff you might need to know:

>She went to work for Romana, and they eventually became close friends and usually political allies, although occasionally not.
>She went to work for the Celestial Intelligence Agency, although also sort of to keep the CIA in line.
>She ages slowly because Romana did a thing for her, but maybe only while she's on Gallifrey.

Stuff you probably won't need to know, but just in case:
>She married Castellan Andred and had a baby full of deep lore.
>She died with everyone else on Gallifrey when the Doctor destroyed it (not the time you're thinking about) and presumably got recreated with them by Compassion.
>She ran around alternate universes with Braxiatel for a while.
>She worked with Ace briefly.
>She survived when Gallifrey was destroyed the second time (still not the time you're thinking about), then died and get reincarnated as an Earth baby but she's back again.

>>lets make a spin off set at coal hill except clara is dead so there's no link to the main show except the name of the school
If they'd just had Ian show up for a cameo, I would have forgiven that.

I still wouldn't have liked it much because other than two of the episodes it's basically late-era Buffy written by someone who doesn't understand Buffy, but I would have forgiven the setting.

>tfw you try to be outgoing and friendly, supporting cross board relations and basically get called a philistine and to kys.

>hating on current theme

CUTE !

So what you're saying is, don't travel with the Eighth Doctor, especially if you can see mics around but no cameras.

But that's not fair, because you're missing all the book companions. Sam didn't die horribly until shortly after leaving the Doctor. Original Fitz died, but the TARDIS replaced him from reconstituted Fitz so it's all happy. We don't know whether Fitz and Trix fell in love, or died. Compassion got turned into a TARDIS and had to flee rapey Time Lords, but technically that counts as leaving of her own accord.

Also, not all of his comic companions died; some of them got possessed or body-swapped by evil entities instead.

This was definitely the best. Shame they didn't do it earlier in David's run.
And David was the best and Series 3 was the best. TOO EASY POSHO

>it, at the end of the day was just a buffy clone.
No it wasn't, you stupid old man. Like said, it was Buffy by somebody who didn't understand or remember Buffy at all. It's like if you took all the fun and clever bits out of Buffy and so the only similarities you were left with was kids, a school, and some monsters.

youtu.be/U-jIIlQvVrM

Keff McCulloch scores NuWho.

I didn't say it was a good one youngster. It still hit the same beats. Kids defending their school and turf from inhuman foes, with love and loss to fuel all the teenage angst you can handle. I'll certainly agree it had none of the fun of buffy.
Btw, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Film 1992)>>>>>>Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV Series 1997–2003).

>barely any similarities between the shows at all
>It's just a buffy clone
When you go get your hip replaced next week, ask the doctor to explain to you what "clone" means.

Ok, since you're being literal minded I'll concede the clone comment and amend it with "Shitty facsimile produced with substandard toner or vision". Is that better?

>Shitty facsimile
Kinda like your new hip will be

Jesus christ BBC nobody wants to watch hormonal Teenagers, make a fucking Master/Missy spinoff already where the Master goes on adventures with a companion but acts like an asshole.

stainless-steel machined precision>layered calcium

cloi

you will become like us

Don't be such a fag next time

user
Upgrading is compulsory, resistance is futile.
Literally how?

>Btw, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Film 1992)>>>>>>Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV Series 1997–2003).
Paul Reubens' death scene >>> the rest of the movie and the TV series combined.

*breath in*
cloi

>OOOH eee AHH OOH OW Ooooh.
I hear it was just a reenactment of his theatre incident.
Odd mantra.

Loz Miles and Tat Wood: Monsters + teen angst works for Buffy because the monsters are a physical manifestation of their teen angst. The formula doesn't work otherwise.

Everyone else: Will you shut up about Buffy already? Aren't you supposed to be writing a book about Doctor Who?

Ah, to be young again. And also a robot.

Kind of a shame they didn't do a doctor who parody episode, er an episode featuring "the doctor" as opposed to a cameo.

Groening and Koenig are Americans, and this was before 2005, so Tom Baker in his scarf as "the spirit of British television" is probably about the most we could have hoped for.

>Koenig
Err… Cohen.

The Futurama writers room was full of Anglophiles and Europhiles. Kristin Gore dressed as Romana for Halloween. It could easily have happened.

I suppose you're right about that except the reboot ran post 2005 I think it came back in 2011 maybe?. They played around with other scifi franchises, it just would have been nice. There's continual talk of yet another reboot/revival. Latest puts it at 2018 i think

Futurama will come back. Someday.

As long as Billy West is alive, they can bring it back. He can do all the voices if he has to.

Undercutting the other voice actor's salaries if need be.

I wish Paul McGann would lend Billy some of his equipment, so he could sit in his basement and adapt all the Futurama comics.

He'd just take it all and claim it was his, leaving paul with just his rope. Surely Billy can just borrow some of Stern's old audio equipment.

Maybe he and Paul could work together. In exchange for Paul playing the Doctor in a Doctor Who episode of Futurama, Billy could play Grace, Charley, Sam, Izzy, and Ssard in the ultimate Eight companion crossover story.

Nick Briggs might be insulted that he didn't get to play Ssard. But Billy could play the Briggs Doctor, and call him up and confuse him.

Christ, is she a midget?

>Billy could play the Briggs Doctor, and call him up and confuse him.
I don't know why this image is so amusing.
Billy would just backstab Paul though. I'd advise any of the McGann Clan against working with billy desu and continue can canning amongst themselves and the BBC.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_glfYFFvg

>I don't know why this image is so amusing.
Actually, I'll bet when Big Finish hired Jon Culshaw to do a cameo as Four, as part of the contract, Culshaw had to do his Dead Ringers "Doctor calling the Doctor" bit to Briggs.

No, she A CUTE

5' 0"

>Actually, I'll bet when Big Finish hired Jon Culshaw to do a cameo as Four, as part of the contract, Culshaw had to do his Dead Ringers "Doctor calling the Doctor" bit to Briggs.

That would have been fun if Gary Russell sprung it on Nick unsuspecting.

>Hello, is this the Earth actor known as Nick Briggs?
>Yeah, who is this?
>I am the Doctor, and I am in urgent need of a toothbrush.
>Tom? Does this mean you're going to be doing the audios with Lis Sladen that we asked your agent about?
>I told you, I am the Doctor.
>Now look, Tom, I've had that dream every night since I was 6, and this isn't that dream. Or maybe it is? What are you wearing?

Rewatching 9th doctor does anyone else find eccleston really intimidating as the Doctor in a good way? he's like an Iraq war veteran ready to snap at any moment and punch someone.

Hell yeah.

Relistening to the Audio Visuals, and the first two really are crap. They got a lot better, but it's amazing they kept trying after these.

So in hell bent the doctor had to confess. I counted 12 times. Why did he have to confess in the end specifically about a hybrid? Couldn't he have just made innocuous confessions until death broke? Like, I touched clara while she slept. I would sodomize her and slap her in the face with a memory worm. I mean why couldn't he have just made shit up as well? The hybrid is a liger and the coolest mythological animal ever! etc

If the confessional dial is psychic enough to expose you to your greatest personal fears, I'm pretty sure it's psychic enough to know when you're bullshitting a confession.