Lion King Remake

Wait did Matthew Brodrick die? Why can't he return to voice Simba? Why does Favreau ruin everything he touches.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecjTkgZ5u44
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He killed someone.

Remember guys, Simba was never white. He was a lion.

Now if you want to argue about Brodrick for the sake of him being the original voice, sure. But don't use this as a race bending arguement.

He killed a family of five in France, and has become a pariah because of it.

Hearing Donald Glover (AKA Childish Gambino) rap, as well as his acting on community, he isn't half bad. He can be pretty emotive so I'm all for it

They seem to be going with original voices for the rest of the cast

This, plus Brodrick was the least memorable voice in the movie

i am very excited about this upcoming project from Disney as well, i look forward to seeing it in theaters with the whole family

Also Simba is African. Black people come from Africa. It just adds to the realism

Don't fucking talk a shit about James Earl Jones. The man should probably be in every movie ever, and if they had recast mufasa the rioting would start immediately.

>remake
>of a cartoon

I am too, but I think I'll watch it with friends. Independant Cinema in my town so it should be good

Honestly who else could have been chosen for this?

I can only imagine during some meeting someone just said "Can't we just get James Earl Jones to do it again?"

His rapping is god awful shit for dumb teenage white girls

>yfw when Scar is voiced by Idris Elba instead of Jeremy Irons

On August 5, 1987, Broderick was in a car accident in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, while vacationing with Jennifer Grey.

listen to telegraph ave its pretty good man. he helps with the production too.

Fun Fact: simba's singing voice was a black kid.

>getting roadhead from your onscreen sister while you commit a double manslaughter
/og/?

Irons is already confirmed though.

Hopefully that person was given a promotion for having common sense.

Watched Community a little while back, so very comfy... I honestly think he'll do fine. He's got a very childlike speaking voice.

Can she still do it?

I don't get it. What is the point of a "live action" Lion King? They are all animals. It will have to all be animated anyways.

The issue I have is, has he done voicework where he didn't just sound like himself? Regular show, Adventure time and Spider man, he just sounded like himself which I don't really feel for Simba.

i really can't see this working, he doesn't sound like what i imagine when i think about simba

>A live action Lion King

Kill me now

Will he fuck his voice up again?

He was in Manchester by the Sea for like 2 seconds

>They seem to be going with original voices for the rest of the cast

I bet he's the only one

>>remake
>>of a cartoon

Stolen from an anime.

Stolen from Shakespeare.

RIP Brodrick

You will be miss cat hiss at penis

youtube.com/watch?v=ecjTkgZ5u44 Prolly actually work out really well

You know they're going to cast Leslie Jones...

>Stay on your garbage containment board.

JUNGLE BOOK WAS PRETTY GOOD

That happened in 1987, while filming for Ferris Bueller. It literally had no effect on his career.

It was Ireland and it was two guys I believe.

this
Casting a murderer probably isn't the image that Disney wants to spread

>On August 5, 1987, while driving a rented BMW in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, Broderick crossed into the wrong lane and collided head-on with a Volvo driven by Anna Gallagher, 28, accompanied by her mother, Margaret Doherty, 63, killing both instantly
> Broderick told authorities he had no recollection of the crash and did not know why he was in the wrong lane. "I don't remember the day. I don't remember even getting up in the morning. I don't remember making my bed. What I first remember is waking up in the hospital, with a very strange feeling going on in my leg," he said at the time. Broderick was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and faced up to five years in prison, but was later convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving and fined $175,[24][25][26][27] which the victims' family called "a travesty of justice". Martin Doherty, whose sister and mother were killed in the crash, later stated that he forgave Broderick, amid plans to meet with Broderick in 2003, in order to gain a sense of closure. In February 2012, when Broderick was featured in a multimillion-dollar Honda commercial aired during the Super Bowl, Doherty said a meeting with Broderick had not taken place and that Broderick "wasn't the greatest choice of drivers, knowing his past.

shhh
Don't let facts get in the way of outrage

This guy might be passable. Maybe.

Who cares. What's more disgusting is that Disney's shitting out another soulless remake.

Gee, I wonder

But Simba hasn't ordered the systematic rape and murder of political dissidents. Where's the authentic Africa feel?

See

They already did when they hired him the original. Your own post states it happened in 87, roughly seven years before The Lion King came out.

That was before the age of instant wikipedia bios and faux outrage, though.

Back then the internet did't make these facts readily available to the average person

He once voiced Mufasa in the House of Mouse,

Jungle book cgi was pretty damn good though

kill yourself 90's born faggot

>$175 dollaroos for killing two people
fucking bizarre world