What is your opinion of this film?

What is your opinion of this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is not the sum of its parts.

Pretty good, but not perfect by any means. Enjoyed it more than most capeshit.

I believe it is commonly referred to as "capekino" by many of the brightest minds of our generation.

A cool/10

Probably my favorite superhero movie ever
Snyder is a genius
Dark Knight is severely overrated

The film is an exercise in tedium that intends to elevate itself through references to other superior works
It fails and it's the audience that suffers having to sit through three hours of Zack Snyder masturbating,

Completely destroyed my ability to enjoy marvel films. The story, music, characters and action were all top notch.

not great but not as bad as reviewers who want to dislike it say. Its mainly hated because it isn't Marvel and wasn't trying to be a fun, joke filled movie and was trying to have its own unique style that people would remember, and both being not marvel combined with its darker tone that people say is edgy, even though it isnt, is why it gets railroaded by critics.

Manages to showcase the human condition so perfectly that I had to go out and take a long walk right after I watched it. If you're unfortunate enough to not be able to understand it then you won't get it when I say that you transcend. Imagine looking in a mirror that reflects your very soul, one in which you can see your thoughts and the effects and their after-effects, that's what Batman V Superman is. I've always had a taste for classical Romeo-Greek literature and art so I was fortunate enough to pick up on a sliver of what Snyder expressed in this experience. Without background knowledge like this and a deep and thorough understanding on politics, art, and religion it just flies over your head. I just feel bad for the people who call this movie shit like the freed man who has seen the sun having climbed out of Socrates' cave and gets laughed at by those who can only see his shadow when he comes back.

This

Would be fucking kino if he decided to film it

a
Youre might be being sarcastic
But yeah Snyder is a true auteur unlike Nolan whos trying his best to be the next Spielberg instead

enjoyable 7/10

I loooved it! Batman is so badass, im a huge geek btw XD

All memes aside; i loved it.

I genuinely thought it was the best capeshit last year but it has a lot of flaws desu

it's not cool to like this film. so I enjoyed it in secret. not close to being top superhero movie, but I would watch again if it was on and the remote was out of arms reach.

A monotonous, dour, and lifeless chore. Praised by pseudo intellectuals who think CG imagery and high school level philosophy discussion are signs of noteworthiness.

>it isn't Marvel and wasn't trying to be a fun, joke filled movie

I beg to differ, you wont find a bigger joke or one that got so many belly laughs as MARTHA!

>le "Martha scene makes this film bad" meme
When will it end?

WHYDIDYOSAYTHATNAME

Movies too smart for you

Not the samfag but this is my own opinion:
Pros:
>Affleck Batman was fucking great, best cinima batman
>cinematography

Cons:
>moody superman
>boring movie besides the parts with batman
>gadots character
>lex

A beautiful disaster. It gets things so wrong about the characters, taking classic comic character gets and doing something different.
But that's the highlight too. It's not your Superman or Batman, which is good. It's not like they always have to be the same old shit we've seen for yrs.
also it tackles themes that Marvel hasn't even attempted yet.

why the fuck does everyone say affleck was best batman? he's so fucking LAME, what's the appeal?

is this the greatest and most effective music of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Batman was good
everything else sucked

this
ive never met anyone who liked this film who had an emotional or intellectual maturity above high school.
im asking you a question fag

complete shit, everyone involved should kill themselves or at the very least do us all a favor and refrain from making any more movies.

fuck that movie was garbage, Snyder is a joke.

>moody superman
How would you feel if you arrived in a planet where you're rejected by an entirely different race even after saving them from literal destruction
>boring movie besides the parts with batman
Fair point, although its a pretty nice break from the seizure inducing action scenes we usually get with capeshit
>gadots character
This film would've suffered less without her
>lex
You get a better sense of his manipulative nature in the UE. A younger Lex is kinda unique. His intelligence literally makes him crazy which is a nice reference to Birthright

7/10

A cut above the rest of comic book movies especially Marvel's. It had flaws but it wasn't that bad. People hated it because it isnt Marvel and had a serious tone. The people got used to Marvel cbms that they considered it the "gold standard" for making cbms

Everytime I watch something from Marvel it feels like I'm watching something out of an assembly line. The overforced quips and pandering doesn't help it much making it a very forgettable "one and done and forget" kind of flicks.

There is a massive hateboner for DC movies ever since this film but we all know everyone who enjoys Marvel flicks are from /r/movies so whats new?

I loved the part where the dumb woman with the shield who can't act and the emotionless dudes fight the chi cave troll that makes sparks

Ya real piece of art there

I think people hated it because it was fucking stupid.

complete fucking garbage. synder should be hung from a light pole.

Genuinely a formalist masterpiece, the single mainstream film from the last decade to most closely resemble Bresson's "absolute cinematography".

no bully, i am too dumb to understand a movie with a bat costume guy, and the flying lad in blue unitard.

>When will it end?
when you quit pretending that Martha is the only reason BvS sucked.
>When will it end?
when you quit trying to argue that BvS wasnt retarded.

topkek thank u
what's the appeal of this film, why is baffleck praised so highly?

>when you quit pretending that Martha is the only reason BvS sucked
I literally just implied that that scene doesn't make the film bad

trips of truth DCcucks obliterated

>I literally just implied that that scene doesn't make the film bad
sure as high holy fuck didn't make it good.

the scene-to-scene editing, the characterizations, the belligerent """subtext""" combined with the cartoonishly inept narrative exposition and lack of any fluid forward action, the repeated instances of a character doing something multiple times for no reason, the retarded daily mail scenes, lex luthor is just a ledger joker structural knockoff, batman brands people because he's edgy and "its a death sentence" which he stops doing at the end but the director has said that him shooting dudes a a machine gun car doesnt violate his no killing rule, wonderwoman gets a retarded email, the flash tease was retarded and ruined the point of the knightmare, the man-bat dream was stupid, the opening poem included the line "what falls, is fallen," there is an opening poem, we have to watch another goddamn dead parents story, Pa Kent tells some fucking story about goddamn drowning livestock, there is an over-reliance on using irl news as an exposition engine, doomstay is a brainless cave troll, it doesn't make any sense that batman knew what kryptonite was before learned about lexcorps involvement, the african bullet storyline was stupid filler, lois lane was stupid filler, jolly rancher shit, tryhard renaissance art imagery, forced character turns, nobody did anything with the space ship for 15 months until lex rolled up, lex had everything he needed to fulfill his master plan handed to him by an unnamed character in his first scene. these are some of the reasons BvS sucked, ignoring Martha.

Martha was just the shit cherry on top of the shit sundae

Took you 20 minutes to write that and no ones gonna read it

BvS is a great movie that will be appreciated down the line

>Took you 20 minutes to write that and no ones gonna read it
lol
>if I ignore things I don't like they dont exist
Also you're not the first underaged dipshit on Sup Forums to try and argue that your kids movie isn't garbage. I don't need to rewrite it every time. You all say the same shit.
>BvS is a great movie
lol no
>that will be appreciated down the line
there will always be tryhard contrarians and people with intellectual disorders. So sure. Of course it will be "appreciated down the line."

You're trying too hard.

>he is not even looking at batman

It seems so off-putting I still haven't seen it. I remember being incredibly hyped for the first trailer, then I ended up seeing DOOMSDAY in the next one and decided to pass on it.

Its not as good as MoS. It got too crazy towards the end and characters do actually make unreasonable decissions this time (like throwing the only weapon against known alien species in to some sewer in some forsaken building in the middle of nowhere). But the rest is pretty great. Gadot was ok until she showed up like a Wonder Woman. That shit is just terrible. Magic lasso and magic bracelets. Yeah right, like that fits this universe. They ruined it a bit by that. The rest is really great tho.

it's a very unique film for a cape which is its biggest strength and weakness. The last hour becomes a generic superhero fight movie, but there was really nothing else they could've done. My big opinion is that this film happened way to early. We needed a Superman redemption film where we see him doing feel-good heroics. Then we would have two Batman films, dark and gritty but still has a fair amount of that golden age flair. Then a second Batman movie adapting Death in the Family to give a narrative reason for why Batman goes over the edge. The conflicting worlds of Supes and Bats would then clash in this movie. Shouldn;t have done Doomsday. Should've been Bizarro.
8.5/10

>hating lex
most psychological Luthor we ever had. Loved the part and hope comics take a bit of notice from this characterization

It would have been had they not wasted it on the fucking trailers IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN FILM.

Because
>most comic-accurate suit
>big fucking guy actually beating the shit out of criminals with little impunity
>best fight scene in all of capeshit last year
>an actual voice modulator
>the aesthetics of his transportation and gear

stop watching marvel films with 30 cuts in 5 seconds

I agree, MoS is fucking great though, I don't think BvS will be seen much more than a cult classic that didn't deserve its hate, but I fully believe MoS will be revered in due time.

it's shit

Fun

overrated shit

It's a complete piece of shit, but it has the illusion of depth so pseudointellectuals enamored with their own (lack of) intelligence latch onto it

i disliked the theatrical. the ultimate cut was better. they played some pretty big cards fast, but whatever. 7/10. I need more Batfleck though.