Colbert's latest clip just depresses me. I'm already pretty tired of political comedy, but this wasn't even that...

Colbert's latest clip just depresses me. I'm already pretty tired of political comedy, but this wasn't even that. There were hardly any jokes. He was showing clips of Alex Jones, which should be hilarious, but somehow they even screwed that up. People weren't laughing during the montage of clips they pulled. You're a comedian, you're supposed to make fun of the president, but this literally isn't comedy, it's a nightly anti-Trump sermon.

Do you think Steven ever gets tired of it? Do you think he ever says to himself, "You know, I wonder if there is literally anything else in the world I could make jokes about besides Donald Trump."

Here it is if you're interested. Am I crazy, or was it remarkably unfunny?
youtube.com/watch?v=A-HUbdEAxo8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LhqUk28OwHs
newsweek.com/female-frogs-estrogen-hermaphrodites-suburban-waste-369553
livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html
youtube.com/watch?v=n8WhT9BwpRs
youtube.com/watch?v=IBrRxWdLDBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was cherry-picking at its worst. Alex Jones is crazy but 70-80% of the time he has facts to back him up. This just showed clips of him yelling as he usually does in his rants. No criticism of what he's actually saying. just how he says it and out of context phrases of things that Alex could actually back with real sources.

This is just an ad hominem with no real substance and MSM and Colbert should be ashamed honestly

Opens with Banepostinf about hotheads.
Proceeds to mock someone for being passionate. Eh

>This is just an ad hominem with no real substance
I'd be okay with that if it was funny.

Is Alex next in line for character assassination? Won't work though, he's too funny even when he's wrong.

Alex isn't the smartest guy, but he's a genuinely nice person. Difficult target. May have opposite effect of making him more popular.

And he make a fucking effort. More than I can say for the shitshow the mainstream left is.

I like Alex but the underground joke was p funny imo

I'm just annoyed that he didn't use more clips from Alex Jones that are truly indefensible. Like his bit about the human/fish hybrids in Britain, or when he went on Joe Rogan's podcast and talked about interdimensional aliens.

Seth or bust.

>Capri son
>Capri daughter

p funny desu

>Seth Meyers?

Those were decent jokes, but I think it's the delivery. He's too smug. I think this bit, and probably his whole show would be better if he'd lighten up a little. He's such a stiff during interviews too.

Probably can't use stuff that isn't from Alex's own youtube channel

>talked about interdimensional aliens.
>indefensible
This guy doesn't understand the basic gestalt.

>It was cherry-picking at its worst

You're right but listed the wrong reasons. It was cherry picking unfunny moments.

Alex Jones is full of those funny moments leaving viewers going WTF.

Example right here: youtu.be/LhqUk28OwHs

Even with an easy target, Colbert and his shitty show finds a way to fuck up.

OP's latest thread just depresses me. I'm already pretty tired of the daily threads crying about political comedy, but this wasn't even that. There were hardly any jokes or dank memes. He was showing a clip of Stephen Colbert's opening monologue and making shit up about it, which should be hilarious, but somehow he even screwed that up. People weren't laughing at his lame attempt to perpetuate an alt-right meme. You're a contrarian, you're supposed to make fun of people, but this literally isn't even shitposting, it's a nightly pro-Trump sermon.

Do you think OP ever gets tired of it? Do you think he ever says to himself, "You know, I wonder if there is literally anything else in the world I could make outrage threads about besides late night talk show hosts joking about Donald Trump."

Here it is if you're interested.
Am I crazy, or was it remarkably unfunny?

pretty sad desu

I liked his old show allot more since he was playing a character and it was actually kinda interesting.

He's clearly a very liberal guy and like many liberals he feels he needs to double down on his views in the face of the Trump administration. It's sad so many feel this way when the deeply entrenched people on each side are the real problem but what can you expect from tribal monkeys right? Everybody just wants to see their team win.

>Soooo, Donald Trump...

Americuck """""""comedy""""""", everyone.

>how do you do fellow goyim
>say let's talk about 'mansplaining'

kek

Do you think real Americans watch this fucking filth? No. Only tumblrinas and commies watch it.

politics aside I've always found him insufferably smarmy and self satisfied. maybe it's the way his fans I know treat him like he's some sort of modern day jonathan swift.

This is incredible. The way they attack and try to discredit aj is so blatant. There really is an info war, and alex jones is winning. Think about it, this wont stop anyone from listening, it will only encourage people to check him out. It only makes colbert and msm look even more desperate.

Also, alex isnt far right. It pisses me off how they say that about everyone right from center. The gay frogs thing is also 100% true, there have been tons of studies.

>Alex Jones
>Far Right

Pick one and only one, this is bullshit nonsense. Alex Jones is a passionate guy who makes very animated claims. Take the "Turning the Frogs Gay" comment. Is it silly? Yes, but its not wrong, and people still bring it up as an example of Alex being unhinged.

Even in this audio, Alex said 2/3'ds of Houston's frogs are bisexual. That's a statistic that you can factcheck.

People who claim to be a comedian when it benefits them and a political analyst when it doesn't sicken me.

Articles regarding gay and effeminate frogs:
newsweek.com/female-frogs-estrogen-hermaphrodites-suburban-waste-369553

livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html

>talked about interdimensional aliens.

That's the only time Alex has made any real sense.

>Only tumblrinas and commies watch it.

Then you have A LOT of those, my friend.

you're trying too hard

Jones has been going off for years. If they haven't gone after him yet, they probably won't.

There are a lot of people in the conspiracy community that believe Alex Jones is controlled opposition.

Quit sucking Cuckbert's cock you nigger loving fagfuck.

Why do people think that Colbert is supposed to be a legitimate news source?

>character assassination

What is there to assassinate? He acts like a clown on his own. Normies think he's a typical tinfoil.

The Joe Rogan podcast redeemed him a bit, I think.

Because he masquerades himself as one, and people believe him to be legitimate.
I don't care if Colbert denies it. His show is propoganda.

wtf i hate Sup Forums now

Alex isn't a clown. He's passionate and animated. Can't really fault him for constantly advertising, it's his own products.

For years I thought Colbert was literally a fictional character, couldn't believe they gave him the late show when Letterman retired.

I don't watch that shit anymore. The show would probably be its mediocre old self if hilldog had won, but now it's a showcase of impotent whining. At least Seth Meyers has experience in this arena, doing actual jokes about politics without being satire. The colbert report was good from what I saw of it, but when he's forced to remove the character, he's nothing special on this show.

After all these years, my man Coco is still where it's at, although I only watch youtube clips now.

I think people associate these comedians with honesty because
>even though they have a team of writers just like a newsroom it's only them on the show, unlike a news station, making it seem like this is just their opinion
>dude im just a comedian lmao

>70-80% of the time
You're a moron. Seriously, most of the time he just says "I saw" or a "guy told me".

He comes off as one, though. Like I said, the Rogan podcast changed my perception of him, but he still needs a filter. Normies take shit like psychic vampires at face value.

If anything the Rogan podcast proved to me he was basically a conman, good at separating fools from their money.

He likely believes about 10% of the shit he says.

He rarely gets political and can go just about anywhere in the world and be hilarious, its a shame his show is rated last.

Oh my god, this guy is so pathetic nowadays.

He thinks he is.

>Normies take shit like psychic vampires at face value.

Exactly, and that's part of the problem. That is such an obvious metaphor its ridiculous. I hope this hit piece drives more liberals to Infowars, just because I think that would be funny.

He had solid facts to back up many of his claims, but then he comes up with shit like ''Buzz Aldrin told me...''

I bet he's regretting giving up The Colbert Report more and more every day

How did Alex come off as a conman? Unless he has some sort of televangelist-tier mansion I have to believe he is well-intentioned.

I mean he sells all the typical survivalist shit, but people are going to be buying it anyway from another seller if he didnt sell it.

No he doesnt you stupid fuck.

Then youre an idiot and dont know what a conman is.

Because hes almost entirely self funded. He doesn depend on sponsors which is what is so special about info wars. Its much better than other places where you need to pay just to watch it

One issue I do have with Alex is that InfoWars is owned by Time Warner.
So how indendent is InfoWars really?

*independent

based Alex

He's the most redpilled man alive right now

for the longest time, I had only heard impressions and parodies of Alex Jones

when I finally heard him actually talk, I was blown away by how good a showman he is.

I like things more conversational so I wouldn't want to listen to him day-to-day, but I totally get why he's so massively popular.

He's controlled opposition, he releases truth about what the future holds than buries it with insane ideas. On the surface his insane ideas are dismissed but the bigger picture ideas, the ones that don't seem quite as insane i.e. new world order are absorbed subconsciously. He's helping to normalize the idea of one world government so people don't completely freak out when it happens.

No it isn't. Colbert on the other hand went from one viacom network to another.

Trump jokes have been old and stale for a long time. They don't magically get funnier if you keep making them.

Alex Jones talks so much about pedophiles it makes me think he might be one.

GRRRRRRR i'm a real man who loves red meat and full bodied grown women that's why i've said this exact phrase 4 times in the last hour.

That was great. Fuck off trumplet.

>Do you think Steven ever gets tired of it? Do you think he ever says to himself, "You know, I wonder if there is literally anything else in the world I could make jokes about besides Donald Trump."

Nope. Without Trump he's got no material.

His show is all about preaching to the choir. Those people don't laugh because the jokes are funny, they laugh because they agree with his politics.

Yes he does. And if you were so sure his statements were based on facts you'd post them.

>a comedian like Colbert isn't funny
>a person like Alex Jones is unintentionally funny

Liberals have gotten lazy with their humor since Bush was president. You can say anything about Trump, as long as the audience can tell it's negative, they'll cheer and applaud no matter what.

>BIEBLER SAYS HAND IN YOUR GUNS, PASS THE CYBERSECURITY ACT
youtube.com/watch?v=n8WhT9BwpRs

I love listening to AJ rants as I drift off to sleep

>facts

>70-80% of the time he has facts to back him up
"My sources" without further explanation is not the same as "facts".

I think Stephen puts out a show every day and not every joke is going to be a hit or some deep commentary. There are only so many hours in a day.

>unintentionally
wew.

Funny, when Jon Stewart made fun of Obama almost every night, none of you alt-righters complained.

You're saying that as if it's not his team of writers making all the jokes, and not him.

I don't care. I only cared when these people were actually doing damage. Nobody's buying this crap anymore. The left is desperately backpedalling into a deeper grave.

On a side note Alex Jones is fucking crazy and anyone that thinks he isn't has been stuck in Sup Forums memeland for far too long

Nice set of alternative fact you've got there.

Alex Jones is great. He could talk for hours, starting off relatively sane, then devolve into shouting matches about gay frogs, Martian obelisks, inter-dimensional lizard people and psychic vampire elites hiding in the government.

You could have the whole god damn CBS TV division working on jokes, and they're still going to run a little dry working a daily show.

More like he's adding in insane shit so he doesn't get assassinated, meanwhile the actual substantive and provable things he says slowly makes peoples' minds click.

He's self-discrediting to make himself immune to media attempts at discrediting him. The Colbert segment is an example - it seems limp wristed.

because there's actual people that think he's a actual news source

>working graveyard shift security
>no internet connection
>have handheld radio that can do AM/FM
>listen to coast to coast
>it's basically a conspiracy nut talk show

Alex Jones is a retard but xenoestrogens are a real thing. Colbert shouldn't have used the clips where he talks about them.
See: youtube.com/watch?v=IBrRxWdLDBw

Estrogen hormone treatment isn't the same as becoming gay, though.

Tldr
Hey buddy you okay? It's just a TV show you can turn it off whenever you want. I hope you're doing well.
Sincerely

user

THE BIG ENCHILADA

colbert and stewart are the only people who gave us REAL news.

He and Rachel Maddow are the same person.

>Have you ever seen them both in the same room?

Isn't it pathetic how people discuss TV on Sup Forums? Bunch of losers

>"If you remember, Donald Trump called the media the enemy of the people"
>crowd boos

Holy shit, who goes to his show??

>70-80% of the time
Alex Jones is a controlled opposition shill whose sole purpose is to discredit credible conspiracy theories/theorists. He takes real conspiracies or alleged conspiracies that might have some basis in truth and lumps them in with psychic shapeshifting vampire aliens.

Pathetic Colbert. I wonder how much he was payed for this failed hitjob.

late shows in general are trash. sadly it's where most people get their news from.

Boy, now this is blatant shilling

We do, that's why we need free helicopter rides

I think it's sadder when people get their news from the President's twitter feed, because he ((((never)))) lies.

He's been beating Fallon for a while because of it, so of course he's going to keep it up

right gets their news from twitter

left gets their news from entertainers

generally we're all fucked

perfect example of both left and right's location for their fake news/ ignorance bubble.

Right from "alternative facts" and internet cherry picking

Left from arrogant, self-righteous humour

>showing video is ad hominem

Assuming you have a job, have you ever legitimately thought to yourself "How can i make this job more difficult for myself?"