Remember when The Punisher was in Spider-Man 2?

Remember when The Punisher was in Spider-Man 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
youtube.com/watch?v=V3QGGLaglck
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_3_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the Punisher only killed minorities in the deleted scenes

What did Raimi mean by that?

>there won't be an MCU where tobey maguire unmasks in civil war and norman osborn reveals he never died

It really does make me wonder what could of happend if the 3rd movie didn't leave a bad taste in people's mouth. We could of gotten to see black cat, Bruce Cambell as Mysterio and other crossovers. The Thomas Jane punisher would make for a very interesting ally/adversary too.

>remember the punisher

nope

Hey the WhatCulture user is back!

Honestly what if it kicked off the MCU instead of iron man?

Iron Man not getting the sudden insane popularity boost and being made the top dog everywhere in the comics and movies would have such raimifications that it's hard to imagine how things would have looked.

Hell, just the fact that it would have started with street-level heroics instead of Iron Man fighting terrorists and evil CEOs would have changed things. Cap fighting in WWII would have felt like a big step up from Spider-Man fighting some dudes in NY and then the Avengers coming together to save NY would have felt a lot bigger.

>Iron Manlet

I unironically love the Punisher. Only the one with Thomas Jane though.

I hope that timeline exists.

I still don't understand why they scrapped the idea.

I get that Spiderman 3 was flawed in a lot of different ways, but it was still average and enjoyable, and more importantly, it was the highest grossing movie in cinemas for a long while.

Surely for the people in charge, that would be enough to go ahead with a 4th movie.

We'd have a series of R-rated Marvel movies featuring Punisher, Nicholas Cage Rider and Blade going on brutal rampages.

The company is pretty much the guide on how to continually fuck up. I'm surprised that there was a Spider-Man 3 to fuck up.

Same here, I wish he would make a comeback.

that would have required marvel having the merest shred of business savvy and acumen, and they would have had a better guy than quesada as head of the projects back before the MCU.

Thomas Jane as the punisher in more than one movie, would have been great. he plays the insane vengeful bastard well as miller in the expanse.

BARRACUDA SOLO FILM WHEN?

marvel cinematic alternate universe

Yeah that movie got me into Punisher, went to see it in theaters and my dad surprised me by buying "The Circle of Blood" comic in paperback.

>BARRACUDA SOLO FILM
>this will never exist

My dad is a Punisher fan too for some reason.

He played a good Kingpin but goddamn he would have been the perfect Barracuda.

F

youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

>Punisher kills a building filled with mobsters by employing battlefield tactics
>picks up briefcase with something they were trying to keep safe, not knowing what it is but figuring it's important
>sees one of them walking down the street at night a week later while staking out another mob place
>Blade is also following the dude and kills him around a corner
>to Frank it looks like Blade had a meeting with the guy and the other guy got away somehow, because there's nothing but dust on the ground
>Frank stalks Blade instead and slowly has his eyes opened to the world of vampires after he tries to capture Blade for some interrogation, customary pre-team-up fight happening
>they team up because of the vampires coming for Frank's briefcase
>mfw Frank's no-nonsense planning of engagements and staging of kill-zones to take out superior numbers is contrasted with Blade just swaggering into places and doing vampire-kung-fu while throwing out jokes

Give this man a job, Marvel.

Is there any chance the Netflix series will be like this?

Remember when Johnny Storm was in Captain America?

How fucking lucky is this guy? He got a shot at playing Johnny Storm and then when that failed he got an even bigger shot at playing Captain Goddamn America. Most other actors would have just been dumped on the street after their first shot failed.

I guess you could say the same for RDJ, coming back from his drug-abuse and ostracising from Hollywood only to end up being the multimillion posterboy for Marvel/Disney.

>could of

kys

Evans was actually on his way to becoming a serious actor. Too bad he went the capeshit route.

Also Ryan Reynolds with Green Lantern and Deadpool

Reynolds was Deadpool two years before he was Green Lantern though and it was terrible. He got what was basically a third chance.

Shit I totally forgot that, makes it even more impressive
AND he's fucked both Blake Lively and Scarjo
Damn, he is favoured by the gods

Y'all are forgetting Blade 3.

Ryan Reynolds must hold the record for second chances. He's also up there with Nic Cage in terms of being a comic-nerd who just don't know when to say no to a bad role.

Wait, what did he do in Blade 3? I don't remember Blade 3. Or 2. Or 1

He was the comic-relief human.

youtube.com/watch?v=V3QGGLaglck

He was original a pet of Parkey Posey's character, but by the time of the movie him and Biel's characters were vampire hunters

Wow. He's really crawled his way through the shit and come out sparkling clean.

He must be REALLY fucking charismatic in RL to pull all of that shit off. Or he sucks a mean dick. It'd probably be a riot to hang out with him, either way.

>that would have required marvel having the merest shred of business savvy and acumen

Are you an idiot?

Do they ever team up in the cartoons or comics? I need this.

I think he is just actually passionate about what he does for a living. and really likes nerd shit. but yeah I'd love to have a beer with him.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_3_8

Yeah but Nic Cage is just as passionate and into nerd shit, if not way more. But he couldn't convince them to make more Ghost Rider movies, much less give him other roles. You need more than passion, clearly.

did a high school art student draw this?

To be fair, his Ghost Rider movies didn't fail because of him in the role.

nic cage is fucking insane though.

marvel had shitloads of money in the early 90's, and assloads of artistic talent, and decent writers.

then they took all the money and bet the house on POGs and holographic variant covers.

look at teh stock ipo they did. and how badly thye got raped on all fronts in the sale of the IP of the fantastic 4. like 4 or 5 different times.

Scott Kolins, did a lot of early 00's stuff for both DC and Marvel
Can't say I'm a fan but there are far worse out there

>Don't look down.

B L A C K E D

kek

Neat