How does it feel to speak and think in our language?

How does it feel to speak and think in our language?

Other urls found in this thread:

55chan.org/int/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everybody is being taught british english.

Yeah sure. That's why most English on here is in the American spelling

It's feels bien, ese

they're idiots with no class

I think in english.

no joke

I'll defend it as your language if you defend pt as ours

mirá troy mcclure , te hablo en la cara en mi idioma

>mirá troy mcclure , te hablo en la cara en mi idioma

Not really.

Most people in Asia and Latin America, so therefore most of the world, are taught American English.

You tell me.

portuguese belongs to the brazilians
Mostly because poor portugal isnt actually relevent in the slightest

yea, mom and mum makes a big difference

Most people think Portuguese is a Brazillian language, not European

Same with Spanish being a Mexican language. Meeting a white or black person speaking Spanish is a mindfuck to most civilized people

It feels amazing to think in Americano. The feeling of freedom takes over instantaneously when I do so.

How does it feel to have mother tongue that most likely your ancestors didn't know?

I am legitimately learning portuguese by the way (the brazilian dialect of course :^))

>think
Nah, but I don't have a problem with English. It's a fine language.

>Most people think Portuguese is a Brazillian language, not European
uneducated americans =/= most people

>I speak American, goddamnit!

Not true. Schools here teach you British English. People end up using American spelling on the internet because of the media.

Fühlt gut uezs

I feel liberated!

So if I told you to "queue up" you'd understand what it means?

>79737541 (OP)
>our

a нeчeгo eгo дpaзнить яшa

I imagine everyone thinks in American English but when they talk it automatically just comes out in their native language.

Yasha is not very Russian name.

Why?What made you interested in our favela country?

Btw, thank you for Skol beer.
It is absolutely amazing.

How do you feel about it?

I'm interested in your history and culture (both brazil and portugal, but portugal is mostly historically interesting to me considering its fall from grace with its colonies becoming independent), and I also have a friend from there and wanted to learn a language. So, I thought that since I'm interested in the culture and history and had a friend to maybe help me somewhat...
Bit of a bad reason, but eh, guess it's better than being the american stereotype of only knowing english, r-right?

Cool. Want to get some bundas with Portuguse, eh?

Yes? Is queue not used in America?

нy лaднo aкaкий

No. We say 'line up'

Not for people, only for things. People get in line but Netflix for example has a queue.
As usual both are used in Canada

No it's actually a good reason, surprised you don't know Spanish already, most people tend to pick it over portuguese.

Thinking of trying to learn it after Portuguese, really. Kinda shit at learning languages though.
Fuck hes on to me shut it down

>our
Kek. You're no different to some Polynesian fishers- you're both adopters.

What the fuck, we do use it for people though? Atleast in the midwest we call things queues or say people are queueing up.

better than thinking and speaking in one single language

wish this was true but it's not, even in Europe most people use yankisms

It's the first one, you just don't know how to learn languages yet.

This is how it's used in Canada as well. I never hear yanks use it though

>wish this was true but it's not
It's true for Russia, we're taught royal English here. The posher you sound the higher grades you get and americanisms are consider wrong answers. I got my grade lowered on an english exam because I called trainers "sneakers".

The UN actually has a stance that British English is the Official English for UN related things, I think I heard the EU does too.

wtf I love Russia now
>official
doesn't matter when people learn from American TV and film

>I think I heard the EU does too.
Will be changed to Irish English.

They are called runners

Yeah, I guess. You happen to know any good sources for Portuguese? Doubt it, but best to ask I guess. I've mainly been going off the Sup Forums wiki and memrise, so not the best sources.

Nah, m8. They are called clappedyfloppers.

>American TV and film

All the most popular films, film franchises, books, and TV shows ate British or Canadian though

>I got my grade lowered on an english exam because I called trainers "sneakers".
based examiner
don't try and pretend leaves use British English you pseudo yank

That's what we call our testicles though

They're called cobs

Nah, those are moistedy donglers.

We use British English though. Always in spelling and some key words, then in varying degrees depending on region with the west being very Americanised and the east ranging from 18th century pirate speak to the newfie brogue

But that's wrong though

I'll accept based newfies but the rest of you are yanks
simple as

Two most popular films ever were written, produced, and directed by a Canadian. Highest grossing film franchise ever is British. 7 of the top 10 selling novels are British, and 2 of the remaining, while American, are set entirely in Europe. The best selling band of all time is British, the top 3 shows on TV right now are GoT (almost entirely British/Irish cast which is relevant since we are talking about where people hear English), Outlander (all British) and Narcos, which has Hispanic accents I assume.

No I don't have any but you could try duolingo aswell.And there is an brazilian version of Sup Forums too but it is slow and shitty though
55chan.org/int/

Maritimers and Newfies aren't particularly dissimilar. Maritimers just have less Irish and more Brit in their accent.

>implying current top selling/highest grossing counts more than cult classics

that's just the retarded goys that are brainwashed by yank media like hollywood

In the South I've heard :

>Get in line
>Get in queue

though the first is most common

It's a metric of exposure, they certainly aren't the best films, shows, bands, or books, but they do have the highest viewership. Personally I like American literature the best.