I've never seen any Alien movie before

I've never seen any Alien movie before.

Where should I start?

What should I avoid?

What to expect?

just watch the first two: Alien, and then Aliens

the 3rd one is like the first, but in a different setting (it has charles dance in it)

the 4th is unlike the rest, but the final form of the xenomorph and the ending are too corny for me

prometheus is nice to look at but truly a pointless garbage movie

What do you mean where? Fucking watch the first Alien. You can expect a slow but gripping sci-horror movie with a good pay off. Aliens is just as good but it's more of an action flick instead. Alien 3 is a mixed bag but well worth watching if you go for the assembly cut. Disregard the other ones.

Thanks.

I meant like, should I start off with Prometheus first since it's supposed to be a prequel to Alien, or should I just start with Alien?

Alien is the best of the franchise. Aliens and Alien 3 are great. Resurrection isn't necessarily a good film but it is fun. AVP is fucking garbage. I personally love AVP Requiem because the premise is interesting to me, small town being overrun by Aliens.

Prometheus is kinda eh.

Watch the movie. It's a movie with a good set and fun acting and effects.

Start with Alien, trust me

start with Prometheus, else you won't fully get it and miss out on a lot of hidden meanings.

Anything after the first movie is garbage. Same thing with Terminator.

watch in this order and no other.
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3 Assembly Cut (theatrical is a bit of a mess)
Alien 4 is supposed to be canon, but majority of fans treats it like a novelty spinoff, it's a bit goofy.
Prometheus is just shit and ridley being ridley on auto mode. Also shit lead actress and everyone is annoyingly irrational.

Alien VS Predator. Fun schlock, but not canon at all.
Alien VS Predator, schlock but not fun.

>Alien VS Predator, schlock but not fun.
That would be Alien VS Predator 2.

prometheus is pure distilled garbage

Avoid Ripley's flat ass, skip the first one, will give you nightmares.

You don't need to watch AVP2

Pretty much every series of movies is made to be watched in order of release. Prequels are always designed for people who've seen what comes after it anyway.

It's a crying shame that arguably the best Predator design ever was wasted on the shittiest movie in the franchise.

Damn, moot looks like *THAT*?

Start with the first one, then stop. Aliens is tremendously overrated.

Alien > Alien 3 (assembly cut) > Aliens > Alien Resurrection > Prometheus

You know you're a contrarian when you can't even evaluate your opinions instead of just parroting memes.

Watch all of them, even the AvP movies, in release order. Don't ask questions, just do it.

>Someone actually has to ask how to start a series as simple as this

I can understand people on /m/ being confused as to how to get into a franchise with thirty different shows and multiple timelines, but holy fuck, are you retarded, OP?

Alien is one of my favourite movies of all time, because Ripley is NOT a strong woman, she is scared as shit and determined to survive, but by no means is she some feminist wet dream. Sigourney Weaver looks hauntingly beautiful to me in that movie and the entire cast is perfect, the ship is amazing, the opening scene is just breathtaking, the whole fucking movie is exactly what you want space survival horror to be.

Aliens is just your typical Terminator 2 big budget action flick with explosions and guns.

The rest I just watch because I have a hardon for Sigourney Weaver but they are hot trash movies with no real redeeming qualities, except it's fun, in space, with monsters.

Watch Alien, it's the only true Alien movie.

Then watch Aliens out of curiosity. It's quite ok.

Skip Alien 3, it's not worth your time.

Pretend Alien Resurrection does not exist. You can watch it for laugs, but you won't be able to unwatch it. Even more so with anything AvP (pure garbage).

Watch Prometheus out of curiosity. It's pretty bad and doesn't know what it wants to be.

It seems Alien: Covenant will be a clone of original Alien just with twice as many crew members who you will struggle to remember names of. In new trailer you can see the same assets as in original and some of the lines are exactly the same - "the food ain't that bad".

Of course, I hope I am wrong about Covenant. Unfortunately it seems that after hiring Lindeloff to fuck up script of Prometheus, Ridley thought it was safer to clone original Alien this time.

Just a few tips from die hard Alien fan.

>Should I start with the prequel first?

No

Never start with the prequel

For anything

Ever

Start with vs. Predator and just disregard the rest, they are mostly pretentious filth

Watched it recently for the first time. Such an overrated flick.

Make better use of your time and watch Dark Star.

start with the best one, Resurrection, and work your way backwards to Prometheus

nigga how hard is it to understand that prequels are always made with the explicit intention that you had seen the shit that was released before it?

Weaver, yeah

Winona Ryder, YEEEEEEEEEE

After you've watched all the good ones, dont forget to play Alien: Isolation.

Its a prequel game that does so well in capturing the atmosphere and looks of the original that imo its worth mentioning alongside the mainstays of the franchise.

Sometimes it's better to watch a prequel before the original.

As much as I'd like to play the game, I don't think I'd be able to. I've got a heart condition anything like jump scares could set me off. That's why I haven't seen any of the Alien films yet, but am going to take the risk because I really want to watch them.

its not a prequel you dumb faggot

Every prequel is actually a sequel.

Prometheus is not a bad movie as people like to say. Give it a try

Prometheus is shit, Scott is senile and you are a pleb.

>Prometheus is not a bad movie

The Alien movies aren't really too bad for jump scares. Just watch them in a chilled environment and you'll be fine.

You could also watch youtube walkthroughs of isolation, less likely to make your heart explode

Alien is more of a creeping dread kind of horror, there's only 3 jumpscares in the entire movie that I can think of
Btw I'm pretty jelly user, I wish I could watch Alien for the first time again

WHY is it bad