What does Sup Forums know about the War of the Triple Alliance?

What does Sup Forums know about the War of the Triple Alliance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Paraguay got gangbanged or something.

Paraguay started way against bigger neighbours because they were the 19th-century version of North Korea
Inevitably they got their shit kicked in, their demographics are still fucked from it.

After the Civil War it was the bloodiest conflict ever fought in the Western Hemisphere.

You killed fuck ton of Paraguayans

FUCK ANGL*S

heard about it for the first time right now.
why would i ever, EVER care about some meaningless skirmish in bum fuck nowhere?

The Civil War wasn't as devastating to the US as the Triple Alliance was to Paraguay.
If i remember correctly, Brazil and Argentina invaded Uruguay, which was allied to Paraguay.
They were very reclusive, but they didn't go to war for no reason.
Or it could have been a conspiracy by the anglos, but i'm not sure.

Still waiting for that Harem set in post-war Paraguay.

I wouldn't exactly call this war a "skirmish".

Paraguayan ruler though he could face its 2 most powerful neighbours at once. It didn't end well

Uruguay fought against Paraguay as well

>A new pro-Brazil government was installed in Asunción in 1869, while Paraguay remained occupied by Brazilian forces until 1876

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War

So Paraguay is like Tajikistan is to Russia, Brazilian rapebabies.

>400k dead
barely a tussle

They supported the Uruguayan government that got overthrown, they didnt make it there in time to support them

Lopez dun' goofed
>1860's Argentina
>Powerful
You guys had almost infinite manpower because you promised your 2 million nigger slaves freedom if the joined the army.
Curiosly, at lot of Brazilians became priests. We still call our clergymen "pai" which is portuguese for "father"

It was more of an Uruguayan political struggle that made Brazil move troops and generally sabre rattle in defense to the Uruguayan party that was the most convenient for them. It was also convenient for Argentina, I think. Meanwhile Paraguay supported the other party, and that was their motive for war. Now, what made them think that declaring war to three different countries with more population and bigger economies, all at the same time, I have no idea.

All I know is memes tbqh

>The Civil War wasn't as devastating to the US as the Triple Alliance was to Paraguay.

No but the devastation of large areas of the South and the loss of young men had a major effect for decades.

Paraguay has a state named after President Rutherford Hayes who helped negotiate the final peace settlement or something.

It was harder than it looks like if you just compare the strenght of Paraguay with the strenght of Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay today.

Paraguay had a strong military and was very hard to reach. With just a better luck blocking the Paraná and Paraguay rivers, they would be undefeated, since there was no other way reaching the country than by river.

i thought you mean the triple entente and thought that was a fucked up map of alsace

Paraguay fought like a Spartan, even when the tides of the war were obviously in the side of the Triple Alianza

says the kraut
of course that's just a tussle to you guys, you have a history of waging massive wars in your attempts to destroy e*rope
also, you guys are accused of the holocaust, which may or may not have happened
[spoiler]did the holocaust happen?[/spoiler]

>90% of males dead
>Spartan

If you are losing a war and let more than 50% of males die without surrender you are dumb. Not even Spartans were this dumb. Who would protect their women?

>inb4 lopez dindu nuffin
Fuck man, we ware at the top of the game at that time, if it wasn't for lil lopez and his craze for being alpha male.
Tho the repopulation time was so remembered, we still have monuments remembering the women at that time

They should've lost all lands west of the Paraguay river tbqh