Reminder that these backstabbers/traitors/cucks were the only Latin American cunt to not take the side of Argentina in...

Reminder that these backstabbers/traitors/cucks were the only Latin American cunt to not take the side of Argentina in the Falklands War.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle_conflict
youtube.com/watch?v=13OQI_I82NM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the country that we almost declared war on for no reason a few years ago didn't take our side
gee what a shocker you fucking idiot

I wish the U.K. had bombed Buenos Aires

this. We still like you tho

...with thermonuclear weapons.

B A S E D

>we
Is just you flaming faggot

Oh fuck off your shitty junta had plans to invade everyone just to distract the people.

We are better than that man, we don't dwell in negative emotions or resentment like some of our neighbors

they're ok though

UMA

>resorting to memes

Pathetic as your country's economy.

>When your pride is so shattered by not being able to take a couple islands of 10000 shepherds that you take to insulting neighbors over it, as if their involvement would have mattered.
Won't see me bitching at Mexico over Vietnam

it's usually poorfags the ones who fall for the "fuck argies" meme

> backstab your neighbor over a rumour
lmao

They had all the reasons to do it. Now fuck off back to taringa you newfag

You are being too kinds, it's not "usually" it's almost always.

I have never met anyone in the upper class or middle class that has negatives opinions about argentina beyond = they are insane/corrupt/loud, most people just don't give a fuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle_conflict
>both countries deployed military forces, moving to the brink of open warfare in tandem with a frenzy of diplomatic activity
>open warfare seemed a real possibility
>On 22 December 1978 Argentina initiated Operation SoberanĂ­a, an attempt via military force to occupy the islands around Cape Horn
>the operation was aborted within a few hours
>The detention of alleged spies on both sides of the border, the following border closure by Argentina on 28 April 1981, and the Argentine repudiation of the General Treaty on the Judicial Settlement of Disputes in January 1982 maintained the danger of war. Six weeks before the Falklands War, Argentina provoked the ARA Gurruchaga incident with Chile at Deceit Island

There was also the hilarious Snipe incident and its lighthouse-involving banter, but that took place like 20 years before

is there still a fair bit of border tension and hostility within any south american nations? I'd imagine the southern cone is probably calm due to being generally wealthier per capita than the rest of south america

reminder that Chile is best country and evryone who denies it is jelly

Well, the fact that there are no more dictatorships getting to power every few years certainly helps to keep those disputes down. But I think most of them have already been agreed upon during the 20th century.
There's still the ocassional jingoistic claim like Peru and Bolivia with Chile, but most of them have already been settled, or governments just decided to leave the disputed zones untouched

Wtf why do other S. Am. countries let Chile steal all the Western coastline????

They couldn't extent north (aside from what they took from Bolivia) or east (because mountains).
Chile is basically an island

there's a big ass mountain range in the way
highest points on both the western and southern hemisphere

Why do other scandinavian countries let Norway steal all the western and northern coastline?

that's the other way around though
Norway used to be bigger but the eternal Swede stole a huge part of the territory

Russia took our northern coast away and Swedes never ventured so far north
However, Chile has a much longer coastline comparable to owning all the coast in Western Europe from Norway to Portugal.

>invade your neighbor because their northern lands aren't all that populated

I'm on chiles side on this one.

What claim exactly due they jave on Petsamo and Murmansk? We have a better claim for their north...

>>invade your neighbor because their northern lands aren't all that populated
wat

no idea
this map is supposed to show norway around 1300-ish

The US.

Wouldn't it be easy to take their land? just for a wall and push until you throw them to the ocean.

youtube.com/watch?v=13OQI_I82NM

wtf I hate argies now

>now

i dont, but it triggers my autism when they call us traitors when they wanted to invade us in the first place

So they were on the winning side then?

It could be worse, they wanted to take all the Patagonia but we managed to stop them.

Wow, it's almost like they, like Britain, have an ongoing territorial dispute with you over completely irrelevant earth that does not matter at all.

>mfw all that oil went to your incompetent hands

there isn't any bad blood about that I think, it was just a territorial claim before any real colonization took place

Don't be sad, you still have lots of copper.

But we can't heat our homes with copper. We spent millions building a pipe so you guys would have our backs with that and then poof, no more gas.

Now we have to buy the thing all the way over from Indonesia, and somehow the whole situation got so fucked up we are now selling you guys gas we get from half a planet away through that very same pipe, and building solar plants to get electricity because the damned thing is now too expensive to generate with fossil fuels.

michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif

Funnily enough the Americans took the side of the Argentines at first.

What?

We tried to force Argentina to withdraw and give the Islands back to the British without bloodshed.

How the fuck is that siding with the Argentinians