What is the most intense derby in US sports?

What is the most intense derby in US sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Premier_Soccer_League#Rivalries
twitter.com/AnonBabble

burger king vs mcdonald's

The Kentucky Derby

there aren't, their sport leagues are literal franchises, so there's no real rivalry just employees from branch A vs employees from branch B

trinidad vs tobago

They are brainwashed into not having passion and being gray, there aren't intense derbies in the USA, not even in politics they have different opinions

>enter to make a witty comment
>it's first comment

7.62 vs 5.56

the south vs adult illiteracy

the demolition derby

This is why college football is the best sport they have. Actual 100 year old bitter rivalries that fans literally shoot each other over. And very few bandwagon fans.

Jints/Doyers
USA/Mexico
Bankees/Roid Sux
Cowboys/iggles
Sounders/Timbers
LaGs/quakes
warriors/cavs
burrs/packers, tho its been pretty one sided as of late

Giants/Dodgers is it
its not organized hooliganism/ultras violence but definitely the one associated with random acts of violence and hatred for the pure reason of fanaticism on individual levels and a lot of monumental history between the teams on its side, its quite old for american standards as well

They have to be from the same city
Yankees/Mets is the only one that still exists in USA and that is a meme only Mets fans care about
Giants/Dodgers in New York was the only legit derby the US ever had

Somebody shoud redbull Pulisic about the most important rivalry in the Bundes. They are not /ourboys/ ...

I think the classic sixers/celtics/lakers three-way rivalry is pretty underrated.

kek'd
underrated

i think i understand this, and it's true

What is the rivalry, i dont watch bundes.

But did these """fans""" every kidnap their mascots and threw parts of their bodies on the opponent's team?

too bad the quality of play is reminiscent of a slightly above average high school team.

europeans are retarded if they think their soccer teams are not corporatized. especially the teams that are owned by qatar and UAE - those teams are literal arms for national propaganda. if anything, at least americans have a realistic idea of how the entertainment industry works. anyway, carry on with your 'rivalries' guys!

Lakers/Celtics

FAKE NEWS

Mckennie plays for >Schalke, the archrival of Dortmund. It's a bit of a one sided rivalry since >Schalke has justed hard for the last 60-70 years.

Not fake news in the slightest. I'm not him but the difference between watching even a shitty NFL team and college game are glaringly obvious. While the NFL team might make some mistakes in a game, the fact there are people on college teams who aren't anywhere near good enough for the nfl speaks to the sharp learning curve between the two leagues. And while this difference in skill levels allows for a lot of big play potentials, which is something fans of college football always say in support of it, they usually don't happen because one player is extremely good just that he may be good and everyone else sucks. And the fact a lot of the players aren't good allows for a lot shittier gameplay overall and the drop in quality I am talking about as far as the game itself. Maybe you can say that CFB has the potential to be more interesting than a NFL game, but you definitely can't say the quality of the game is better.

College sports have the best rivalries. Football teams over 125 years old and fanbases who hate each others guts. Pro sports can't compete.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Premier_Soccer_League#Rivalries
The MS Paint Logo Derby

He was comparing CFB to highschool which is just silly. Of course these amateur kids are not as good as the NFL guys but there are plenty of good players and entertaining games without any of the political bullshit

7.62: wannabe tough guys, fat americans and perma drunk ex-soviets larping as KGB agents
5.56: patrician tactical fighters who know that speed trumps size

>NPSL
>relevant

Some of the better high school programs probably are closer in quality than you think. In America we have schools have build 20.000 seat stadiums, mostly in Texas, just for their highschool teams. And you can bet if they spend that kind of money on a stadium they are pumping tons of cash into their program too. A lot of the best CFB players are coming from schools like these.

>monumental history
Lol, they moved across the country for cash after existing for 80 years. All the history was left in NY.

Doesn't Derby require same city? Then maybe USC vs UCLA, usually a few stabbings and whatnot every year over that one

Probably a /hoc/ feud, desu. Pens v. Flyers is my best guess.

> US sports
> "derby"

Pick exactly one.

Donald Trump vs. Black people

Could the top college handegg team beat the Browns?

My team have 26k shareholders, me being one of them, FC Barcelona and Madrid belong to the tickets holders, every bundes team has a limit on shareholders. Soccer is way more than prememe league.

>all the history was left in new york

Not true, by the way

>few bandwagon fans
bahahahahahahaha

dc v. marvel

please tell me people don't support out of state colleges that they didnt attend. that would be the most pathetic bandwagon ever

I feel like the Bayou classic might qualify as one of the better derbys in the US, that many dindus in one place is sure to result in some sort of violence.

kek

Toronto/Montreal is the most intense derby in the MLS, the American soccer league.

Black people v black People more like

Yankees vs Red Sox probably
or Canadiens vs Bruins

t. terrone on vacation

Yankees/Mets rivalry is about as relevant as Dodgers/Angels or White Sox/Cubs, especially for people in Chicago/LA

>NFL
Cowboys-Redskins
>NBA
Lakers-Celtics
>MLB
Yankees-Red Sox
>NHL
Not sure, most of the best involve Canadian teams
>College Football
Michigan-Ohio State
>College Basketball
Duke-North Carolina