Slavic Languages

Alright Slavic anons,

I've visited a lot of eastern europe in the last few years, and I'd really love to live in one of your countries for a year or two.

I already speak fluent English, German and Irish (lol).

Which of your languages is easiest and which one of your countries wants me. (23, Mechanical Engineer).

Also, are the Slavic language mutually intelligible?

Like, if I learn Polish can I read Czech or understand Russian conversation?

>in b4 fuck off we're full

There are thousands of Slavs in Ireland so fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ph5MuSHtgS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Also, are the Slavic language mutually intelligible?
No. We can understand only 40% of Ukrainian speech and 0% of Polish and Slovenian
Moving to a Slavic hellhole is a pretty shitty idea tbqh

>Like, if I learn Polish can I read Czech or understand Russian conversation?
If you learn English can you read German and understand Swedish conversation?

If you learn Portuguese you can understand a lot of written Spanish.

millions have left these shit-holes
why be autistic and move here
and no, if you cant find a qt in Ireland
you won't find here either
if you want to learn a language, learn Russian
you won't understand other slavic languages as a Slav would, but some basic phrases - yeah.

So what about Czech and Slovakian?

But can you understand written French?
This is dumb comparison, you can maybe understand Ukrainian a little or Belorussian a bit, but you can't understand AT ALL every other Slav if you know Russian for example, same goes for everyone else.

Fuck Spanish and Portuguese desu

They are very close, you can just know which countries can understand each other a little just by means o geography.

Why do your homelands so much?

It's not much better here, I just want to experience another culture while I'm young

You understand that living in a country and being in a country as a tourist are two different things right?
the pay is shit and you would barely survive + you don't even know the language so it would be much harder to find a job

>can you understand written French
No, only some words.

I wasn't recommending you to learn them. I was just showing that your question wasn't dumb since there are languages that are close enough.

>implying I was considering moving to Bulgaria

I'm talking about nice places where I'm not going to get Hepatitus.

Poland, Czech, Slovenia maybe Hungary but it seemed less developed desu.

Hungary isnt slavic

Slavic countries are more like Mexico and Venezuela than Western Europe. Do you want to move to Venezuela?

Yes, I did research in Prague for 3 months in 2016.

The team I was on were all Czech and Ukrainian so English was our working language.

I loved it though and would definitely live in east euro again.

Also, with a year of savings (15k Euro) I'm pretty sure I'd live comfy out east on their salaries.

And again, I want to learn the language before I go.

>implying it's as bad as Venezuela.

Lad. Calm down. I presume you haven't been to western europe much seeing as it's such a paradise to you?

none of these countries is slavic
they all larp as germans
so you don't need to learn any additional language
good luck! and beware of aids

>Ukrainian and Belorussian """""""""""""""""""""""""languages"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Spanish as a language would be a better investment of your time.

If you will learn Russian you won't understand other Slavic languages. Different phonetic (Polish) and vocab (others). In special cases (B*lgarian) even a grammar completely different.

It's not that bad, you are less likely to be shot in the fucking head by some mobsters here, for example. If he has degree or something like that he can get some good payment just because he is a foreigner.

AIDS in the water or AIDS in the women

every country would want you user
easiest is macedonian probably, but it is the biggest shithole
after that comes bulgarian
if you know macedonian you will understand serbian easily, and if you know bulgarian you might need just a bit of practice to understand russian

slavic languages are not mutually intelligible as it comes to converstations, because of weird accents and that shit, but you could understand some by reading.
I understand Slovene and Slovak when reading, and even Czech sometimes

why are you such a cunt ?
be grateful for the obvious information anons spoon-feed you

I was to Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Greece and Spain. You see the difference between Russia and Finland right on the birder, lol.
And you have no slightest idea how corrupted and lawless our governments are. Just learn Russian or Ukrainian and read some media to know what hell is happening here, retard

Thanks for the helpful reply, Macedonia seems like a wildcard desu

>y мeня бoлит жoпa
>бoли мe гъзa
>y мeня бoлит зaдницa
>бoли мe зaдникa

How am I being a cunt Pierre?

Yeah sorry I though you were comparing every country east of Dresden to Venezuela.

Ukraine and Russia do seem dodgy and a bit depressing Desu.

>Ukrainian and Belorussian """""""""""""""""""""""""languages"""""""""""""""""""""""""

t. knows nothing about linguistics, but has a very "competent" opinion about Ukrainian and Belarusian

why

are

you

typing

this

?

boli me dupe
boli me dupe

who's doing it?

>бoли мe гъзa
Wouldn't understand thus without translation. Гъзa looks like глaз, geg

Czech and Slovak is mutually intelligible
Czech is not intelligible with Polish, Slovak might be a little. Neither of those is intelligible with Russian or Balkan languages.

If you want, there is more than enough work here for those who want it. I can't vouch for the quality of the work though. I have no idea about how easy slav languages are going to be for you, depends on how comfortable are you with cases and learning a shitton of exceptions.

Wr always translate Ъ as U, so it's guza

op

бoли тe дyпe?
бoли мe дyпapaтa :^)

Toгaвa кaк пишeтe "y", мaнячe?
>Лaтиницaтa бeшe гpeшкa

Штa? Штa пpичaш тo, Бyгape??

Thanks for the info Czech user.

I had a 3 month internship in Prague, but the company paid for everything including an apartment in Dejvice ($$$).

I really loved the city, but I might look for another job in Brno if I have to pay rent

Except when it's A?

ah yees lol
but that's in sufix -ar

>Brno

Slovenia? it's a pretty developed country.

>Like, if I learn Polish can I read Czech or understand Russian conversation?

No.

Belarusian is reasonably easy to read, and understandable when spoken.

Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbo-Croatian, Polish is somewhat readable, but a bit hard to understand orally.

Czech and Slovak is hard to read, and very difficult to listen.

Slovenian and Sorbian is impossible.

I've never heard Sorbian in my life ;-;

Not a big loss.

youtu.be/Ph5MuSHtgS0

but user they are ancient serbs

cutre
CUTE