Movie stars doing voice-acting for videogames

Are the smug Hollywood elites realising that the film/TV industry is living on borrowed time?

How long until we get a "best performance in a videogame" award at the Oscars?

youtube.com/watch?v=nFMoZGBzAHQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t4pczjpxq2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>have to do your makeup for VA work

It's actually a shame. The trend is pretty much going to make career voice actors go extinct in anything but indie games.

literally the only only good VAs were actual actors first like Hamill and LaMarr

It wont. Actors and VAs are different skillsets.

>have to look presentable to go to your job
Really jogs the old noggin.

But proper voice actors (Jennifer Hale, for instance) are so much better at doing voice-acting gigs.

Hollywood voices just come across as really jarring and take you out of the experience.

How have console graphics not improved since the end of last gen

Damn. Dormer should do ASMR vids.

The animation is terrible too. Like Xbox 360 launch title tier shit.

Can you bang the doctor?

would this do? advice on dating from the gal herself

youtube.com/watch?v=t4pczjpxq2I

>that animation
Glad I dropped vidya, seems like it went to shit

I'm not defending Bioshit, but that's putting graphics first, and that's fucking stupid.

Are you implying she looks like a cokewhore without makeup?

i wouldn't say Bioware's rehashed engine is a fair reflection of the overall industry

there's a lot of nice looking games with fairly fluid animation (though lots of AAA console titles do struggle with frame rates, admittedly)

>natalie zoidberg

But they're beginning to make characters look like their voice actors with motion capture, and also for the big acting name buzz. It's happening with games more and more frequently, and I doubt it'll change anytime soon

So why the fuck didn't they base the Asari's face off of Smirkfu's? Why doesn't Bioware mocap faces like Rockstar does?

>dude gramphfix don't matter
Yes they do. You don't get to demand your customers buy a new shitty console/videocard every few years, and then not provide better quality.

These are interactive movies with countless hours of cutscenes you fucking retard. There's no excuse for Bioware's and Telltale's animations to be shitty.

>Bioware's rehashed engine
They're using Frostbite but they're just terrible at making animations, with or without mocap (though arguably their mocap has actually been worse than normal animation).

Other dev studios that actually know what they are doing can use Frostbite just fine.

What award would she get for this?

Time is money.

They've been doing that for a while now

They have been doing this for decades now

the rope

>You don't get to demand your customers buy a new shitty console/videocard every few years, and then not provide better quality
So because they're selling something, they matter? Holy shit, that's the dumbest argument you could possibly make. I'm selling some toenail clippings and dogshit, and you'd better believe I'm going to deliver them. So now you have to buy it, right?

>interactive movies
How does that defend the need for highest end graphics? We've gone decades with less than this, so it's somehow necessary now?

Is this one going to be full of liberal shit?
It was bad enough with the homo bullshit back in the day.

Yes putting LGBT themes is the most important aspect of making a game now

Get with the times guy. Homos and the like are mainstream now.

this has been happening for decades you friggin retards

Unfortunately it'll keep being a thing as long as "DUDE HOLLYWOOD LMAO" is marketable. Though you do have to wonder just how many people buy a video game because it has a certain movie/TV star in it.

I don't know who said anything about fags, but it seems like you want to talk about them. We can change the subject if you want.

I don't think you understand analogies

>How does that defend the need for highest end graphics?
He was talking about animations when you had your autism attack about "that's putting graphics first, and that's fucking stupid." Are you drunk?

HER RED STRIPE ON THE N7 HOODY IS ON THE WRONG SIDE FFFFSSSFFSFFSFSFSSF REEEEEEEEE

The homosexuality was never the problem, it was the bad writing. ME3 would still be poorly written color-coded endings schlock even without being able to fuck an invisible-in-the-dark black man.

I understand that I just read someone telling me that graphics matter because they're selling high end graphics. Prove me wrong. Prove that that statement isn't stupid bullshit.

Are you literate? You don't need better animations than a Sega Genesis for an interactive movie. So why do graphics matter?

a cute mixed race baby

apparently not many based on CoD: jon snow

Yeah it kind of ruins the immersive experience
>oh that's Sean Bean
>oh that's Chandler from Friends!
>oh that's smirkfu from GoT

I hope the Overton window shifts far enough that in 15 years we'll be playing Theme Concentration Camp and Deportation Simulator.

I never even played ME3.
I started playing ME because of the idea that in this grand trilogy your choices would matter when the final battle came.
So when you had a choice to make you actually had to weigh the impact it could have down the line.
They bailed on that idea so they could make the game more "accessible", which I can understand, but it made the whole thing pointless.
As I understand your decisions amount to having a "strength" bar be slightly more or less full than it would have otherwise been.

Bonus:
>oh... It's Yvonne Strahovski

I can get on board when it isn't a AAA star

When I first played Fallout 4 I thought the main character was Mark Wahlberg. I said holy shit its Mark wahlberg. Then I told a bumch of people they got Mark Wahlberg to voice the main guy in Fallout 4.
Then I discovered that it in fact was not Mark Wahlberg..

>Hollywood voices just come across as really jarring and take you out of the experience.
>Yeah it kind of ruins the immersive experience
It sounds like that just makes them shitty actors. If I'm watching The Whole Nine Yards and I think "That's Chandler," and not whoever his character was, that's kind of his fault for not selling me on who he is at that time.

What the fuck is wrong with you

>I hope the Overton window shifts far enough that in 15 years we'll be playing Theme Concentration Camp and Deportation Simulator.
That was what paper please was.

all women look terrible without make up

That picture is damning. Her script is so boring that she sits crisscrossed. Or maybe she's just a woman.

Did you go around killing Vietnam fucking shits?

Stage/film/TV actors are trained to sell us on who they are with both their voice and their expressions, body language, movement etc.

Voice actors develop the skill of being convincing while relying solely upon their voices.

Throw a normie actor, unprepared, into such a role (especially for a vidya they have minimal respect for) and they'll most likely be shit.

>Throw a normie actor
Sean Bean's a normie actor?

I think the closest thing you would find in F4 is one Chinese fella.

He ain't no voice actor.

He might have grown up in a northern shithole council estate, but he won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) and his career took off from there.

Doubt there would have been much expectation of doing voice-over work in his RADA classes

>He ain't no voice actor.
So not being a voice actor makes him a normie actor? Or what? You're not making sense.

Yeah I shot that guy and took his cool clothes.

>video games

lol fucking dead medium

they are shit, grow up

Did you do the quest where you stop 9/11 from happening?

I crashed a pirate ship into a skyscraper.

sure

If it's going to take a handful of GoT/whatever actors (with not much except nerd name recognition) nuking their careers to save us from the absolute ghetto that is American video game voice acting then so be it. If I never hear Liam O'Brien, Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, Mary McGlynn etc. etc. doing the same cartoon voice in role after role, it'll be too soon.

One of the reasons I adore the Souls series is that the directors had the vision to go to British studios for the voice acting.

Movie star is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever called her.

Difference with Hamill and LaMarr is that they were basically forced into VA because their acting prospects dried up. Hamill had the accident, MadTV got cancelled.

dropping vidya because of one game or series is like dropping film because of freddy got fingered

>Are the smug Hollywood elites realising that the film/TV industry is living on borrowed time?
Maybe when video games become anything more than meaningless, artless garbage

>different skillsets

You do know there is a substantial amount of ADR in any TV show, right?

A moment of silence for the voice acting profession please.

They are fucking trash but they make money. Hollywood will latch onto the games industry in a huge way going forward.

>implying Hollywood is not meaningless, artless garbage
>implying vidya has not overthrown Sup Forums in terms of sales

In 2014, the global revenue for games was estimated at $83.6 billion (Polygon). Meanwhile, according to the MPAA, in 2014, the movie industry worldwide grossed $36.4 billion

>tom kenney
>nolan north
>billy west
>troy baker
>mel fucking blanc

There aren't even Oscars for best VAs in animation though