ITT: True stories that desperately require a film adaptation

ITT: True stories that desperately require a film adaptation.

I'll start, the 1917 voyage of the Endurance by Ernest Shackleton and the resulting incident that involved them losing the Endurace to the ice, the small boat journey to Elephant Island, and subsequent open-ocean journey in the James Caird to South Georgia by Shackleton and a few of his men.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of_the_James_Caird

Would be an amazing film t.b.h

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shackleton_(TV_serial)
youtube.com/watch?v=wBPBSroi_VE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

A"social network" style movie about moot but where he is portrayed as the opposite of Zuckerberg was in his respective movie: never getting laid at wild Napster guy parties, struggling to keep site up and pay the bills, dealing with having created a haven for perverts and psychopaths

I need this in my life.

bump

Had to bump since it was at page 10.

I would love to see.

A movie about a firefighter in Dresden, make it a family movie and then it ends with the firebombing. As a general "Fuck war" movie.

The battle of Vienna with the polish cavalry charge. Of course, a part of LoTR is not too far off it, but it would be amazing.

A movie about Apollo 1

A movie about the great Salad oil fraud.

A movie about the great Maple Syrup Heist.

A movie about the flooding of Boston with Molasses.

The Kenneth Branagh miniseries was decent.

Thank you based moot

I would love a miniseries focusing on the age of exploration, following the conquistadors or Cook or whoever

it was...and Kenneth is basically Shackleton's clone, even insofar as being Irish guys who speak with English accents.

The Ian Smith biopic bush war movie.

Zeebrugge raid in WWI

Seriously, this hasn't been posted yet?

A movie about Emperor Constantine and what was essentially the cementing of Christianity as the world power religion it is today, or the story of Swedish King Carolus Rex

If you've not seen it, the show with Kenneth Branagh is amazing (though not technically a movie)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shackleton_(TV_serial)

While interesting to watch you realize that movie would basically finish Sup Forums off, right?

This motherfucker right here.

>Kenneth Branagh miniseries
I never heard of that, I'll check it out.

Never heard of that before, but reading up on it it's pretty neat. WWI really has a drought of decent films.

zuckerberg was portrayed as an autist with sociopathic tendencies. Parker was the only one getting laid. Ed was the one dealing with keeping the site up

So moot would be portrayed as a happy go lucky idiot who loves the haven for the mentally ill he created?

I think Adam Sandler is coming out with this movie in a few months

youtube.com/watch?v=wBPBSroi_VE

I'd really like to see a portrayal of politics in interwar Poland.
Brief summary, in non-chronological order:
>country is made again after more than a century
>independence was spearheaded by a guy, Pilsudski
>has strong support for this reason
>is marshall of newly formed country
>gets invaded by soviets, they nearly get to the capital but get demolished by him leading a force 1/3rd of the size
>favourable peace is made
>first president gets elected, fairly controversial, viewed as weak
>gets assassinated not too long after
>assassin has some support, to the point that he repopularises his somewhat-archaic name and kids are named after him
>gets executed after trial obviously
>at some point Pilsudski conducts a military coup, he becomes leader of Poland
>people love him because he's a hero
>wants to make a commonwealth of other smallish countries to combat the influence of major neighbours
>has a political opponent, Dmowski, who wants a fully independent Poland, very right wing guy/party
>at some point Vilnius is taken from the Lithuanians
>Pilsudski gets fed up with fuckery and retires from politics
>dies, change in political direction, foreign minister doesnt get along with people and doesnt put the commonwealth idea to use
All this while having foreign powers trying to influence everything

>muh favorite wikipedia article: the movie
At least make an effort to explain why it's worth filming beyond "I like it" and how it would work as a movie
Also make an effort to check that it hasn't already been filmed, unlike OP

You going to contribute to the thread or just shitpost?