FUCK the Chinese writing system

So I've been learning to write Chinese and holy shit it's so frustrating. How do chinks and nips do it? Every character has a "sounds like" component and a "subject" component so for example 好 means "good" but 女 means "woman" and 子 means "child". This gets even worse with characters like 警察 where the first one means "alarm" and the second one means "monitor" oh wait! Did you guess the word? Of course I'm talking about the police because they monitor alarms GET IT???

FUCK THE Chinese language so much. They have the award for the number one most confusing written language

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CF3MRMBjd20
youtu.be/gjvOkZweGTQ
youtu.be/56_1qrWVNIw
nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/en/files/2013/11/RH-T1-sample.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haha
brainlet

Please Japan, tell me how you do it. Apparently it gets much much worse in Japanese
youtu.be/CF3MRMBjd20

Why are you learning Chinese?

I like how the characters look and general curiosity. Practicing writing it has made my handwriting so much neater but memorising it makes me want to commit sudoku

好 is more like 像女像子,something as good as ladies and your children. Heavily inferred thing.
警 itself can also mean police, awareness etc
察 can also mean observe, ie 观察
As for pic related, 图 was a 草书楷化 of 圖。Using this same technique, the Japanese simplified it to 図。
>麵
>not 麪
>雨 写成 巿+4 点
>腦 右下写成 口+乂

>how you do it
Learn it since your childhood and use it all your life. Simple.
Like this.
youtu.be/gjvOkZweGTQ

Fuck me this is impossible. Even watching this is making my brain hurt
youtu.be/56_1qrWVNIw

I can't imagine what it's like to be illiterate in Chinese when everyone's been studying it and know thousands of characters. And here in NZ so many fucking autistic children can't memorise 26 letters...

and Japanese and Chinese shitpost on us for not using that fucked up letters lmao

Learn radicals, mate.

>word for "good" is written with symbols for "woman" and "child"
wtf why are chinks such pedos?

cuck

A little girl is the best thing a man can be inside of, user.

>that flag
>that post

I've heard Korean is 50 billion times easier to write than Chinese characters.

Yes, user. The strongest and most physically rewarding experience a male can achieve is sexual intercourse and little girls are the most fertile and feminine versions of sex appeal our species has.
Did you get your balls lopped off or something? No straight man alive wouldn't tap jailbait if they had the chance to get away with it, risk free.

Our species has literally evolved due to plunging erect dick into fertile females.

子 means adult man.Is 孔子 a child named Kong?

〉机气
It's 机器 / 機器

that kinds of pedo's defences from there

FUCK YOU GODDAMNIT I KNOW 機 is machine and I meant to write aeroplane but confused 飛 for 氣!!!! I think they both have something to do with air right idk

>word for "good" is written with symbols for "woman" and "child"
Because "a woman can and willing to raise her child is a GOOD thing".

I know this is hard to comprehend for westerners nowadays since you're deeply cucked by your sexual revolution and feminazism.

>woman-child
>good

>man-child
>bad

t. cuck feminazi

korean lettering system is excellent, well done korea

kys

>woman-child
>good
>man-child
>bad

These are your words, not me. Cuck.

This is true, the Korean writing system was designed from scratch to be easy to learn for illiterates

There is a character "男女男"(嬲) that roughly means "to rape"

亻刂 氵金 辶 巛 言 口 木 力 宀 心 女 火 日 冂I wish I could remember more but I can't

Your "country's" continued existence is 100% thanks to westerners.

You Finns not included in.

>Your "country's" continued existence is 100% thanks to westerners.
Nope, not thanks to you Sweden.

Even if it is so, it is 飛機,not機飛 famalam

how? western didn't support taiwan at all

Taiwan defends china alone while commies attacked KMT for teh revolution

also Henry Kissinger backstabbed taiwan, how can western say they saved taiwan?

Did I say Sweden? Just because Sweden happens to be a subset of westerners doesn't necessarily imply Sweden when referring to westerners, unless as a whole (which I wasn't). Aren't chinks supposed to be smart?

The US is guaranteeing Taiwan's sovereignty.

Can all those 3 characters be combined into one??

I've been learning it using this meme radicals-first system:
>nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/en/files/2013/11/RH-T1-sample.pdf

It makes learning it a LOT easier, but it also takes me longer to translate - it doesn't give you the instant understanding that rote learning does.

嬲 IS 男女男 combined you idiot

Jesus chirst you fucking autist he's not literally asking if they can be combined but rather expressing disbelief/surprise over the fact that they can.

"Can all those 3 characters be combined into one??" implies he is asking if they can
"All 3 can be combined into one??" implies he knows they can, but disbelief that it can

That's the problem with chink characters you can just combine as many shit as you want for example this made up character (biang) for a brand of noodles has fucking 宀 辶 馬 言 長 幺 心 月

>警察 where the first one means "alarm" and the second one means "monitor"
Well, for Japanese the first one is 'admonish/commandment' and the second one is 'police'.
So that makes perfect sense.

>western brainlets can't into something harder

its litteraly an alphabet thats designed to resemble chink speak
>a learned man will learn it in a morning and a fool in 7days

Please stop.

Ignoring the excessive complexity of it, it's pretty nifty.

Are there plans for a spelling reform in Japan or China?

no u
Biang isn't a great example because it's not in a single modern Chinese dictionary or that old one that was the standard for all of china

China already did in the 50s. That's why you have "simplified Chinese" and "traditional Chinese".

there already was
the traditional/simplified divide
since literacy in china is really good since then, theres not need for more

Mainland China went from Traditional Characters to Simplified Characters in the 50's. I believe in the late 60's/early 70's someone tried to further simplify them, but didn't get very far and the task was dropped.
Pinyin was introduced in the late 50's as a way to teach children Chinese characters and the illiterate characters too. It's also how us foreigners learn it.

In Taiwan, they use a different system and I don't know how it works. They also use a different one in Hong Kong.

In fact, "嬲" is hardly used in practice while "姦" has bunch of practical usage.

And for me, westerners language system's inevitably having so many assonant words is so confusing. You may laugh at me for I am so riled up by such assonance like "lid", "lit", "limb", "rig", "rib" and so on, but it's a fact.

no need to dumb our language down for foreigners to understand.

But japanese has even more words that sound exactly the same because you have a less flexible alphabet.

You write them differently. And you emphasis different parts.

what's that pen she's using?
I want one

Korean written with Hanja and Hangul script is more aesthetically pleasing than Hangul alone though in my opinion.
Compare
남대문옆에는 유명한 시장이 있다.
to 南大門 옆에는 유명한 市場이 있다.
Also Chinese characters are known to improve reading speed, because the character is associated with a meaning, and not just a sound alone. Hanja makes it easier to learn Korean because you form associations between words with similar meanings and it helps with memorizing words.

Yes, but you write and pronounce the words he listed differently too.

it's just some gel pen
you should find one in any store that sells pens

Yes there is assonance like 箸, 端, 橋(all hashi) indeed and 走る(hashiru) , 恥(haji) and so on are surely assonance moreover. But FOR THAT REASON WE HAVE KANJI, just adopt them and every obstacles will be flown away from your society.

'There is their stuff' has no difference in pronounciation.

In Japanese, written it is like this different.
ひ (日) day
ひ (火) fire

I mean it looks like one but I can't hold those the way that girl holds it because the tip would just bend

?????
you must have a different understanding of the word gelpen

gelpen nibs dont bend

What enraged me mostly were "complement" and "compliment ".
Surely English needs another writing system which is more visually emphasized.

did you watch the video?
it doesn't look like a metal nib

maybe you were pressing too hard
those pens usually shouldnt bend

Kanji isn't so much an inherent part of Japanese, just a extremely useful part.

Imagine writing in English and instead of using the word for 'mountain' you just drew a picture of a mountain.
That's Japanese.

I wasn't talking about Kanji. Kanji is useful, but japanese doesn't have x, l, z, v, ä (the a in bad), ö (the o in worth), š or other letters many western languages have. They can't even use single consonants apart from n, which means there are tons of homonyms.

>Surely English needs another writing system which is more visually emphasized.
why? The Latin alphabet is known to almost everyone.

>homonyms
This is why it uses Kanji. Like I said, not inherent but extremely useful.

You can use shortened letters.
kaku or kakku. The second shortens the length of the 'a' or makes long the 'k'.

English doesn't have the 'o' in 'Tokyo'.

To discern homonyms.
English words are too long and generally doesn't coincide with their pronunciation.

your stroke order is awful

i could only read the first two lines(((((((((

>How do chinks and nips do it?

Some don't bother

我不会手写中文字
但是会键入中文字

Homonyms are never a problem, because they're either not written the same way, or can be distinguished from one another thanks to the context. Just like you would tell apart 日 and 火 in a conversation.

cant speak kanji nigga

none of those sound the same
try again

You pronounce them differently as well, I already writ that.

>To discern homonyms.
In Belarusian, the word kasa (кaca) can mean: French braid, Scythe, landform, cashbox and Spleen. And it was never a problem.

>English words are too long
Never noticed this.

>generally doesn't coincide with their pronunciation
okay....

>okay....
He means why does 'c' make an 's' sound, such as in 'pronounciation'.

Yes I am just confused but if there are some pretty emojis as complements to every single English word, it will really help my perception for context, won't it?

In Cyrillic, we have this letter " Ь ".
It is not pronounced at all, but serves to soften the previous one.

I guess homonyms can be pretty troublesome when learning a language. If that makes you feel any better, they're an inherent part of every language in the world, and as such, a phase you have to persevere through. They'll stop being a problem once you get a better feel of the English language, don't worry.

what is more difficult to learn
3 hieroglyphic writing systems or a few polysemantic words that differ in context?

merciざんす。

Is that why 30% of your vocabulary is loan words?

Japanese has all the vowels that matter.

It's you retards who haven't evolved past cave paintings to create an efficient language
sort your shit up

>Japanese
>not efficient
Kill yourself.

Imagine how smart and powerful chinks and nips would be if they didn't have to waste all the brain power trying to communicate with each other. No wonder they're so autistic.

but not the consonants

Like what?
>doesn't have v, z
That guy is fucking retarded and doesn't know anything about Japanese.

X is a pointless letter which is why we have removed it from our language.

Fairly efficient at stopping cultural enrichment

I always liked that kanji.

r, l

Oh really? I wonder what all those are らりるれろ

both sounds mixed together, not isolated

Are you Chinese

If you have lisp maybe, or come from some remote part of the country.

馬 horse noodle soup soup.Umm

My friend for Hongkong doesn't write the whole character on her phone, she has a keyboard where she write the stroke order and it guesses the character.
Chinese isn't that hard dude.