Eurofags!

Eurofags!

I have always wondered, growing up as an American, what it is like growing up in a seemingly tinyass country.

I really don't mean disrespect in this sense, I just feel having been born in America (same could be said for Brazil, Australia, and Russia maybe) that it seems claustrophobic to have so many rich and different cultures closed in to such a small space. Germany, my ancestral homeland lel, is about the size of Montana, which is big, but not even as big as Texas who is always wanting to break free or divide itself into smaller states.

So, how does it feel? Also do they just enlarge the maps in school to show more detail of Europe or your country?

>pic related is an aesthetically pleasing but potentially politically terrible map of Europe

Thats true for us here as well.

I wonder what is like to cross the wrong street and you end up in another country.

If you are in the middle of Brazil to get to another country is like a nonstop week+ travel by road (car/bus).

shit map 0/10
kill yourself

dunno, I've never been outside my country in my entire life so to me these other countries might as well not exist.

uhh you got some weird pink gay stuff on our country.

more like, how does it feel to live in a big ass empty country?
you're the exception, here

It doesn't feel like anything, they may be small on maps but you still need a car or other transportation to get to another country.
Also it's hard to answer since we are used to it since we are born, just like I supposed American doesn't find weird that their mainland is so big it's divided in 4 time zones, it's just the way it is

Righto Brazilbro,

I feel as well that the United States, Brazil, Russia, Australia, (and China in a few years) will be on the same sort of level, at the very least like the same 'kinds' of civilizations.
With the exception of China maybe, each of these countries has a mongolized population of a bunch of different kinds of people, all living together but apart at the same time, and each is poor and unextravagent enough that it is grounded in reality, with an imperiallike drive.
This seems at odds with Europe where the wealth is divided more ?evenly? (correct if I'm wrong) and the people more complacent, like Japan, not having kids enough.

>pic related: best state

>Also do they just enlarge the maps in school to show more detail of Europe or your country?
are you literally autistic
of course we do
You don't have any map of interstate and intrastate regions?

German scumbag spotted.

>my ancestral homeland
0/8 too obvious

did some quick changes. now its reasonable.

>le ebin german Alsace&Moselle xDDDDDD

Feels wonderful. Would feel linguistically eroded to live in the states desu.

>Germany, my ancestral homeland lel
>lel
>weirdly colored map that doesn't make any sense

Their maps are certainly less fun to look at

I can actually answer that, and describe it like this:

In America, there are a lot of great places to go wherein you can drive for miles out into the country, go camping, get lost, go out West where there's a ton of great natural landmarks.

Moreover there's just a lot of places you can go that don't matter and you can break shit, tear stuff down and build a new town if you want, because many places out in the less developed areas don't have anything worthwhile to keep for historical purposes.

>nordic and baltic cunts in the same cunt

depressing
why didn't they keep the divisions of french Louisiana?

why the fuck would krauts get Greater Poland? It's a region that literally kickstarted rest of the country, from which the first polish leaders came from and which is vital to Poland.

Also, I don't make 'em I just sell 'em

i just changed turkey. here another better one. you can update baltic/nordic countries from this one and post yours.

>Also do they just enlarge the maps in school to show more detail of Europe or your country?

You know, all maps are enlarged, even those about the USA.

imagine going to the post office in town, but that's the capital building

Not OP, but I'm from NJ and I disregard everything West of the Appalachians unless I'm doing something over there so it's not really a thing I think about. Some parts of NY and PA can be pretty empty, but those are usually large parks. It must be cool living in Colorado or somewhere you can drive and be in an amazingly empty landscape in twenty miles from the city limits.

Here I'm always worried about parking somewhere and getting a ticket or the cops called on me because it turns out to be private property or some anal park ranger

>but I'm from NJ
the fuck is NJ

nice. so if anyone wants to fix their own nations they can use yours.

i ll save yours for further use as the most updated one.

Never been outside Sweden. We're a bit bigger than Japan so I don't understand why we'd need more clay.

Look, all I need is for Germany to look like this and I can rest.

New Jersey

New Jersey I guess
Yes I am triggered as well when they do that or use imperial system when talking to a Euro, but I guess it's the habit

New Jersey

I like it. There's a whole different culture days trip away.

Because continentals can either flip that Americans talk down to them by assuming they have some knowledge of American geography or by assuming they have none when they claim to. Since it can go either way I'll just treat them as I would treat anyone else

If a Frenchmen used an abbreviation for a province I'd just google it rather than act like an ass

More than 50% of that Germany is slavic territory tbqf.

'Twas old Prussia and u kno it

only Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur is abbreviated PACA, the rest it's always full name

Where did I act like an ass tho
On Sup Forums I don't care but I go to /out/ and lot and it's a pain. My issue is mostly with measurements tho, everyone just assume your are American and never, never agree to use both metric and imperial in posts while most Euros convert their shit
As for saying NJ instead of New Jersey I know enough about the USA to know which state you are talking about so I personnaly don't mind but I don't maybe it's just me but I think it's more polite to assume they won't know.
If I am asked where I live I won't say "I'm from 34" even though it's common here to refer to our départements with their numbers, it's more correct to help the guy you are supposed to give an answer than wait for him to google it

kinda feels strange that Boehmen never was a part of Prussia.

who the fuck knows the number of all departments though lol

personally i always use convert to imperial system when talking to americans and say grossly the position of the french regions i talk about to strangers

>who the fuck knows the number of all departments though lol

Nobody I know, but as far as I know it's common to use them when talking about someone from your region. I'm in Hérault and hear people use the numbers all the time to speak about the other departement of Languedoc. They don't expect you to know about other region but it's used for neighbours

I only know 83 (mine) and 13
don't even know what the Alpes-Maritimes' number is

Fugg maybe it's just here, or maybe I just see too many people who know the numbers

Yeah, was wondering the same thing.

g*Rmany should be a balkanized mess under the wicked teutonic confederation