So, these two are objectively the most hateable characters, right?

So, these two are objectively the most hateable characters, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VR-23y4c0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh god no. Jim and pam both have huge flaws but michael is completely unlikeable until they turn him around in season 4. Michael is legitimately a broken horrible person. Which is why he is a good salesman.

Michael is just a social retard. He doesn't really understand that he is being an asshole.

Yes, I almost want to throw Kelly in front of them because I absolutely hate Mindy Kaling and her character is annoying as fuck, but objectively those two are by the worse.

I hate Erin more because she had no character aside from bubbly, optimistic airhead. I used to think I hated Ellie Kemper, but she's fine in Kimmy Schmidt. Also, Andy was a total, inconsistent shitshow of a character.

Michael as a good heart though is often misguided, but Jim and Pam are completely self-centered. Look at when they became a couple. Jim wanted to help his family by taking a better paying job that he enjoyed in Philly Meanwhile, Pam was a complete bitch about it and selfishly cited her own feelings, without ever actually bringing up her objections to it in a rational way. How did Jim respond? By being a total dick and sperging out about she was getting in the way of him supporting his family without respecting her opinion. Pam also cheated on her fiance of many years who was faithful, and Jim was a dick to the best salesmen in the office because he had nerdy interests. At least Michael has some redeeming qualities, but these two are just selfish assholes.

It's almost like their trying to show how real people are. They were supposed to be the fairytale romance but the show accurately depicted the hard part's of relationship

Jim literally has more than a few episodes where he "realizes" the repricussions of his actions and tries to make them right. No one is fully self aware. But michael is a lost fucking cause and should be shot.

They all have flaws but michael is the self destructive retard. I would rather be friends with an asshole or a whiny bitch anyday over a self destructive retard.

Dwight may have been the best actual salesmen in the office but this was the best salesmen.

Michael does not have a good heart. For the first 4 seasons he is the most self centered of them all.

You're right, he does realize what he's doing. Yet he continues to be the same old faggy Jim...

Stop watching remakes

Pretty much. Jims whole character is *tricks Dwight* and *something happens, looks at camera*

But that's normal. Once your an adult you dont change. You will always revert. Jim tries. They completely changed michaels character after season 4 but prior to that every single thing he did was for him no matter how self destructive.

Meme

not sure about the most hateable, but I think everyone can agree Stanley is GOAT.

He is a weeb

Indignant black man is not an interesting character

He's a powerful sassy black man.

He reminded me of some fat guy I used to work with who would also do crossword puzzles all day then got laid off.

Yes.

>Andy was a total, inconsistent shitshow of a character
It's hilarious. At first, he is more autistic than Dwight, but then they try to turn him into some kind of loveable goof who just "can't get it right". Then he leaves the office for 3 months and comes back acting like a complete asshole, and somehow everyone is fine with it two episodes later. Michael leaving was the end of anything good with this show.

>Girl from high school is just now watching the office
>she's like six seasons in
>tells me she's a total Pam
>says I am exactly like Jim

Does she want it? I'm conflicted she was my best friend in high school idk if want to bang might ruin the friendship. Surely she just means we pal around right?

Why would you think anyone here knows what she is thinking more than she does? Just ask her on an actual date or something if you want to find out. If you value her friendship more than a potential relationship, then never bring it up.

>PAM
>JIM
>FRIEND
>SIX
>OFFICE
She wants to have sex with you, she a transgender, tho.

Now I don't know what to think about at all

I'll just play it cool and "accidentally" send her a dick pic I guess

>I hate Erin more because she had no character aside from bubbly, optimistic airhead. I used to think I hated Ellie Kemper, but she's fine in Kimmy Schmidt.

erin and kimmy are literally the same character. innocent/ignorant ingenue

>I'll just play it cool and "accidentally" send her a dick pic I guess
nice one familia

>best friend
>girl
kek, you just want to fuck her. might as well try.

What's the problem
You've never spoken to a girl have you

Is it just irony to hate Jim & Pam or do you feel the need to rebel against the narrative the show is presenting where they're the most well-adjusted and look down slightly on the other people in the office? I mean seriously putting anyone above Angela in a "most hateable" list?

It sometimes felt like depending on who was writing Micheal was supposed to be putting on a retard act on purpose, like Stanley suggests in one episode before saying "sometimes I say the craziest things" or something. His last day in the office particularly he suddenly shows a strange amount of self-awareness.

Why would someone hate Angela!?

>What's the problem
Nothing, that's actually super ballsy and I can totally respect it. You're definitely putting everything on the line with that, though.

The main thing that bothered me about the American office is the way they pretended that Jim and Pam are "the good guys".

After all these years since the office ended, there are still daily threads.
I don't even mind because I too want to talk about this show
why is this?

>Is it just irony to hate Jim & Pam
Not at all, they are actually the most selfish people there that stab everyone else in the back. They constantly made fun of Michael for wanting to create a familial atmosphere in the workplace, while themselves making fun of everyone else at the drop of a hat. Everyone else at least has some redeemable quality, but they are only out for their own happiness, regardless of any other person that could be hurt by that pursuit.

Pam was ok, passive enough to not be completely hateworthy. Jim was actively everything I hate in 21st century humanity, staunch and self-assured adhesion to ironic detachment and apathy. Insufferable

Mama didn't raise no bitch, user

I liked Jim up until around when the time when he got married. But from then on, and even a bit earlier, he becomes more and more of a smug douchebag who I despised.

That said, Jim wasn't a dick to Dwight because Dwight "had nerdy interests". Jim screwed with Dwight because Dwight was an incredibly annoying and irritating coworker to be around. If Dwight kept his nerdy interests to himself I don't think Jim would have given a shit. That said, upon each rewatch I do, Jim's behavior towards Dwight becomes less and less relatable, and more and more douchey and bullying-tier.

Godspeed, user. You are a bigger guy than most here.

>upon each rewatch I do, Jim's behavior towards Dwight becomes less and less relatable, and more and more douchey and bullying-tier
I find this to be the case with me as well. I'm not sure if that's because I've gotten older and realized that Dwight was just being himself, or watching the later episodes skewed my perspective on Jim to the point where I only see him being an asshole.

For you

>That said, upon each rewatch I do, Jim's behavior towards Dwight becomes less and less relatable, and more and more douchey and bullying-tier.
In a commentary, they say that the relation between jim and dwight is ''the brotherly banter'' which is typically what normies call acceptable bullying.

>the relation between jim and dwight is ''the brotherly banter'' which is typically what normies call acceptable bullying
I have a hard time stomaching that explanation. There is the episode where Jim, Dwight, and Michael go through all of the pranks Jim has pulled, and you realize that Jim became completely obsessed with it to the point of it dominating his time at work. Bantz are bantz but that was clearly an unhealthy addiction spawned from insecurity about his own life.

You cheeky fuck, tell me the redeemable qualities of Angela, Stanley, Creed, Oscar, even Phyllis. Oh she kind of helps Dwight that one time by giving him a little advice. Jim and Pam are generally pleasant and helpful. I feel like I guess I missed the creation of this meme.

remember those last couple of seasons where they wouldnt shut the fuck up about their goddamn kids and were even a burden on the rest of the office because of it
like when stanley and phyllis had to take shit because jim skipped work

>Angela
Cares about animal rights and ultimately comes to her senses about Dwight.
>Stanley
Lovable curmudgeon who opens up about his love for life in Florida when he is free from the shackles of his wife.
>Creed
Literally a crazy person who has done nothing wrong.
>Oscar
Actually the best argument against the claim as he is a liberal faggot who uses his identity to back up his SJW views, though he is at least articulate.
>Phyllis
Just a loving wife who has a wild side that she only shows to her husband.

Why aren't you working Dwight?

That's just Jim not caring as much as Dwight about selling fucking paper. It's always implied that Dwight's insufferable autism is what triggers Jim's pranks, and there are a few moments where Dwight shows affection for Jim and that he enjoys their rivalry. Like the other guy said it's a brotherly kind of banter, don't you guys have any male friends?

>don't you guys have any male friends?
Yeah and I certainly give them shit in a joking way, as we all do. But, I don't send them bags of shit every day and mess with them to the point where it interferes with my personal life.

I actually find him fucking with Dwight one of the most entertaining parts of the show, but to act like Jim doesn't take it too far and turn into a complete asshole about it doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, they are both hateable and pathetic. Sticking around a nowhere town like Scranton so they can be the big fish in a small pond and act all superior to their coworkers.

Not bad, although every single detail Creed has ever revealed about himself has been admitting to doing something wrong. That episode where he comes in splattered with blood and then is relieved that it's actually Halloween and he'll blend in. And when he arrives late on the day Michael has everyone playing a murder mystery game and Michael tells him he's a suspect in a murder case, after which he calmly exist the building and drives the fuck out of there.

But now objectively list Jim and Pam's redeemable qualities.

Childhood is idolizing Jim. Adulthood is realizing Roy makes more sense.

>That episode where he comes in splattered with blood and then is relieved that it's actually Halloween and he'll blend in. And when he arrives late on the day Michael has everyone playing a murder mystery game and Michael tells him he's a suspect in a murder case, after which he calmly exist the building and drives the fuck out of there
kek those were great

>Jim
Likes to make people laugh, and is good at bringing people together as a group, like in the office olympics.
>Pam
The only thing I can think of is that she has a soft spot for Michael, she seems to see that he ultimately has a good heart (at least in the later seasons). You see this when she follows him after Michael leaves DM, and when she puts the effort into the funeral for that poor bird that died while crashing into the window in front of the office, which Michael cared a lot about after he related it with Ed Truck. Also when she encourages him to go see Holly on their road trip. Why does she only care about Michael and herself?

It's important to realize that he doesn't prank Dwight every single day of their lives working together, he says once that Dwight has gotten worse and is overdue for a prank.

That's fair, and they do reach a pretty happy medium in the later episodes. Jim messes with Dwight, but in a way that doesn't make Dwight realize that he's being made fun of, like when Jim makes him assistant to the assistant to the regional manager.

My problem with Jim as a character really comes from his overly reactionary in his relationship and being a dick to Pam when she reveals her true feelings about the move to Philly and keeping her out of the decision-making process. Not to say she was innocent in all of it, though, she just kept her reservations inside and lashed out at inappropriate times.

UK version: tim and dawn are flawed awkward characters
US version: jim and pam are just chad and ashley bullies

Both Jim and Pam totally illustrate the kind of people who seem nice at a superficial level but turn out to be total creeps when you get to know them.

Pam is women who has no real sexual attraction to men, sex to her is something to make babies. You will recall she was engaged to that warehouse guy for years because that guy could see that he would be stuck with a wife who he would grovel for sex with. Jim is the kind of guy who would end up marrying Pam because he is really a passive aggressive douche who could never land a good relationship. Jim dating Karen (Rashida Jones) showed how he doesnt really appreciate a genuinely nice and caring person so he treats her like shit. People like Pam and Jim deserve eachother, they are their own punishment.

>UK version
I wish I could understand what the fuck they are saying without captions so I could actually enjoy it

Seriously? this is some of the easiest british stuff to understand.

The little misunderstandings make it even more interesting for me

>Pam and Jim deserve eachother, they are their own punishment.
Holy shit, is that what they were actually trying to show? Because if so I take back everything bad I said about that part of the show, absolutely genius.

>little misunderstandings
It's not that. It's that I literally don't understand the words that they are saying, the accent is just too thick for me. In contrast, I love Karl Pilkington, so maybe I need to give it another shot.

give it another shot, if you've seen the first couple seasons of the office you pretty much understand where the show is going

I actually like Jim and Pam, which isn't an unpopular opinion at all anywhere other than Sup Forums since Sup Forums is weird.

Kelly was hilarious though, I still laugh at her "How dare you" segment.

Honestly I expected more of a confirmation that it was a meme than this, but it feels to me like people are putting Jim and Pam on this pedestal where they have to justify their actions more than any other character, and the only reason I can think of is because they play to the camera more than anyone other than early Michael. The entire original premise was just hating the boss for how much he couldn't handle having a camera crew in the workplace, but since the US Office went with a lovable angle for Michael Jim and Pam get singled out as the only other characters who acknowledge the cameras at all.

>Jim and Pam get singled out as the only other characters who acknowledge the cameras at all
I hadn't thought of this at all, and that's really a great distinction that separates them from the other characters. This especially became evident when Pam broke the fourth wall and started talking to the guy holding the boom for the interviews, the show was clearly holding on by a thread and looking for anything to create interest.

I guess the fact that the show went deeper into the personalities of Jim and Pam than anyone else was setting up the argument that they were the most hateable characters. So by exposing their characters in a deep sense, they exposed truths about human nature that are ultimately disagreeable.

Jim and Pam do pretty good things as well, I don't get why Sup Forums is the only place who hates on them. Pam is pretty much the only one who is sympathetic towards Michael with his feelings, Dwight is helpful towards Michael but dwight doesn't offer a compassion side. Jim is generally a nice guy to everyone in the office, and he does like Dwight. He helps him when he breaks up with Angela and even admits that he missed Dwight when he left. Jim and Pam do act selfish at times but so do 7 other billion people in the world.

>Also, Andy was a total, inconsistent shitshow of a character.
Yeah, the producers really punished him for taking time off the show to do his films. Completely assassinated his character. Everyone else by the end got some redemption arc and a happily ever after. Not Andy.

Always felt bad for Ed Helms even though he's the most successful one to walk away from that show (outside Carell).

I have mental problems, and every time I watch a Jim-pranks-Dwight bit I just think of the ways I'd physically hurt anyone who did that to me.

>Pam is pretty much the only one who is sympathetic towards Michael with his feelings
That is true, but it doesn't make up for her selfishness when it comes to her own personal romantic relationships.

>Jim is generally a nice guy to everyone in the office, and he does like Dwight. He helps him when he breaks up with Angela and even admits that he missed Dwight when he left
He didn't miss Dwight as a person or a friend, he missed the fact that he couldn't constantly make fun of him and pull pranks on him, which shows his selfishness as a person.

I hate Jim and Pam, but I hate Andy more.

Andy is just fucking annoying and he's never once done anything that's even remotely funny.

Also, Ed Helms is shit.

She knowingly cucked Andy with Dwight, and then had the Senator believe the child she was carrying was his. The only thing she was missing was a false rape accusation for the trifecta.

You could prolly get in there but you'd have to do some gay charismatic or romantic shit. Not worth the effort imo but do with that info what you will.

I finished the UK Office last week and tried watching the US Office because I wanted more. It's just a much worse cast, not as well executed version. I only watched the pilot which was the exact same besides some minor differences.

I finished the UK Office last week and tried watching the US Office because I wanted more. It's just a much worse cast, not as well executed version. I only watched the pilot which was the exact same besides some minor differences.

Jim doesn't hate Dwight at all, if the people on the show even commented that it's more of a brotherly banter then it shows that Jim just does it since he finds him fun. If Jim was truly selfish and just wanted Dwight back to pull pranks on him then he wouldn't have helped him out when he was down when he broke up with Angela.

I really dont understand why people hate kelly she was my favorite on the show
Angry kelly always made some funny segments

This. They really changed things.
Remember when I quit because of that black guy? No one in the office cared that he quit his job, seasons later, when he did the real quit, the whole office cared and pretended he had been this great boss. Extremely out of character just for the dramatic effect.

>I only watched the pilot
There's your problem. The show decides to fuck off from copying the British version after that, and really comes into its own, especially starting in season 2.

Fuck no.

Andy was the worst right next to Kelly. Pam is kind of a bitch and Jim's a little too perfect, but the second Michael left the show became garbage. At least Dwight is 10/10 all the way through.

youtube.com/watch?v=1VR-23y4c0U
What did he mean by this?

I didn't hate anyone on the show. I didn't really LIKE andy but I didn't hate him. Jim and Pam are actually my favorites though. Cute couple.

How dare he delegitimize the cuckoldry fetish. There is literally nothing wrong with a person who wants to see their wife fuck another man.

Why was Kelly bad?

Can anyone even enjoy this show if they hate Jim and Pam? Honest question.

70% of the reason I watched this show is because of Jim and Pam. Jim and Pam made me get through the first season where MIchael was a complete ass.

>everyone hating on kelly when this bitch was the most unlikable cunt

>Not liking creed
What is wrong with you?

First of all how dare you?

O shit wrong picture

Was there anybody that liked her?

Was there any specific reason to hate her though? Like she was ok I guess.

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

>You've never spoken to a girl have you
You know that's not true but keep telling yourself you aren't thinking with your dick.

Exactly, every time I pick the show back up is to watch their progression. Not that I don't like the rest of the cast but that show wouldn't have as much appeal without them in the show.

I finished the UK Office last week and tried watching the US Office because l wanted more. It's just a much worse cast, not as well executed version. I only watched the pilot which was the exact same besides some minor differences.

I think she was supposed to be the real life office worker insert

Jim and Pam:

>Every single time one of there coworkers mentioned the idea that they view their coworkers as fellow friends one of them would give a smug contrived look

>Every single time someone wanted to hangout with them outside of work they treated it like the plague. It wasn't enough they couldn't just say sorry I'm busy, they had to visible showcase there disgust.

>Constantly harassing an autistic retard

>Is annoyed whenever Andy signs (Andy has a beautiful singing voice and it would always be a pleasure to hear it)

>treats all of dwights opinions like literally garbage despite the fact they are sound and logical (he just presents them in an autistic way)

Jim:
>College educated working a dead end job for ~12 years
>Shares a condo with another guy
>Is a terrible salesmen
>Acts superior to all his coworkers
>Judges Phylis for getting drunk on valentine day with her husband when him and pam did the exact same fucking thing 2 seasons prior

Pam:
>When her husband tells her about a new job opportunity she bitches that he didnt tell her sooner
>she bitches when her husband becomes an executive at a startup because she is content with her and her husband working dead end jobs in a dying industry while raising two kids
>constantly acting superior to all her coworkers
>whenever she is given the opportunity she goes out of her way to make sure that she is not friends with anyone in the office

Dwight:
>Owns a 12 acre beet farm and an approx 100 acre farm he inherited from his aunt
>is constantly the best salesmen
>bangs top tier waifus like angela isabela and esther

I am a huge fan of the Office but I am convinced its kike trickery to get the masses to make normies think people like dwight and the opinions they have to be weird, and treat Jim and Pams attitude towards other people to be completely normal.

Ugh. Phyllis is a typical cute girl who can't put down the fucking fork and balloons into a carbohydrate monster.