Name a better introduction to a zombie film. Pro-tip: You can't

Name a better introduction to a zombie film. Pro-tip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5kZaspfzul0
youtu.be/ly7Laj8Yp6w
youtube.com/watch?v=1uUHamXmUAI
youtube.com/watch?v=L5_UAb5xqiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

28 Days Later

Has any zombie film ever bothered to address the age-old question of why zombies only attack the living/healthy and not each other?

youtu.be/5kZaspfzul0

World War Z did. They made it so the zombies only attacked strong hosts and ignored people who were very sick and had cancer etc.

Also, they start to osuh back against the zombies by purposefully infecting themselves with treatsale diseases. I never read the book but the movie I enjoyed.

Is that Bigby

Treatable*

Better question. Why don't humans just bite the zombies and turn them back into humans?

gave me a little fright desu

>that scene in 28 weeks later where he crushes her eyes

only horror film moment to make me cringe

Dawn of the Dead (2004) did a pretty good job, especially with the news footage showing the descent into chaos.

This is the answer

OP is a close second though

The entire first half of Shaun of the Dead

Despite being a comedy, it has a creepier more ominous atmosphere and a sense of dread than all those "serious" horror movies like days/weeks or dawn

it's pretty sad when you think about it

For that matter had anyone addressed the question of why zombies are cannibalistic? Why would something returned from the dead suddenly turn to cannibalism? Wouldnt they just eat whatevers around?

I know different stories always have different rules and reasonings when it comes to how zombies operate and why they do what they do but honestly it almost never makes any sense under even the most passing scrutiny

Dawn of the Dead remake

Return of the Living Dead made an effort to, but it was more of a horror comedy than anything, and the zombies weren't really cannibals so much as the "BRAAAIIINNNS" variety.

>shit taste

Return of the living dead is the best zombie movie ever made.

I'm sorry you're a faggot bro

This. Its nice to see the "in progress" moment of the zombie apocalypse, because we're so used to see the before and after. Seeing that suburb go to shit is legit terrifying

>not 2
lad

ROTLD invented the "braaaains" shtick.

It's BEGBY, and yes. It is.

Daybreakers kinda have this concept

It's a moot point, regardless, given how dead the genre is.

28 Days Later, and maybe the first 10 minutes of Weeks, are great, but I'd argue that remake was what actually spurred the whole zombie fiction resurgence of the late 2000s in the first place. I can't help but think that opening was part of it.

2 had a happy ending, and didn't have based Don Calfa.

1 is leagues better than 2.

Also, Train to Busan was STELLAR.

I think in Resident Evil (the games) they say a zombie is only biting you to spread its virus, not to eat you, but since you don't turn immediately, the thing doesn't realize that you're already infected and will keep on biting, hence giving the impression of eating its prey. I don't know if it's true but it's a cool explanation imo.

Why have we only had one (shitty) movie deal with it? Is it lack of funding?

All I want is a WWZ miniseries that actually shows shit like the Battle of Yonkers and that otaku scaling down an apartment building while downtown Tokyo turns to shit. Is that so unreasonable?

Real answer is Romero and crew sat down while making NotLD and tried to decide what was the most shocking thing they could have their zombies do. They settled on cannibalism.

Nail on the head friendo

To this day it's one of the only movies that freaks me out like I'm a little kid to the point I'll jump at every sound I hear in my house watching it

Begbie

youtu.be/ly7Laj8Yp6w

This shit is pure zombie kino, it'd be cool if they made an entire movie like this.

>2 had a happy ending
Yeah like 1 should've. Everyone dying in a bomb blast didn't fit the tone of the rest of the movie.
1 doesn't have MJ being electrocuted

/endthread

I think its that mix with a pacing issue within the narrative. A situation like that, you're constantly on the run or dead. Furthermore, everyone is an amateur survivalist at that moment

I kind of hate the actually movie, but I feel like this should get an honorable mention:

youtube.com/watch?v=1uUHamXmUAI

It came out just as it felt like everyone was starting to get sick of zombies, so it was nice to have a semi-self aware title sequence that just kind of condensed a whole bunch of zombie outbreak tropes like that. Shame the rest of the movie is so trite and spends too fucking long on an actor cameo joke.

Next level kino when you realize the og Dawn was about a news team stealing a helicopter and gtfo before it was too late

Those news reports covering the world zombie apocalypse is really unsettling. Just the confusion and not knowing what the hell is happening is enough to freak you out. Also that opening credit sequence isnt too bad either

>Everyone dying in a bomb blast didn't fit the tone of the rest of the movie
It was perfect though. There was way more serious and violent parts than there were comedy parts. People seem to gloss over that fact.

But by the same token, you have movies that deal with fast-paced scenarios, even ones in real life like that Deep Water Horizon thing, where the film still manages to (arguably) handle a fast pace in such a way where it doesn't exhaust or confuse the audience.

It just seems strange, because even in other media, like video games (Resident Evil, Dead Rising, TWD video games), where you have more freedom with the pace, they still, for the most part, choose to set things in isolated settings, or after everything has fallen to shit and everyone is already dead.

Totally. The part with the guy begging people to avoid LA gets me every time.

It was shit.
Listen to the commentary.They only end it that way because they didn't have any other ideas

In the Crossed comic serieses the infected killed at least as many of themselves as they did healthy people.

This.

It's pretty much a remake of the og

go back to watching transformers and 300 bud

Now tell him about the cum bullets

>Crossed

I wish I could stop hearing about plans to adapt it to screen. Talk about something that wouldn't translate well to another medium. It barely works when anyone other than Ennis tries to do something with it.

Franko

Crossed is supposed to be like a turbo-edgy deconstruction of zombie fiction though. Basically a big fuck you to people who think a zombie apocalypse would be fun/cool.

>That fucking map

I knew it was coming but it still got me lol

>Giant spiders? It's gotta eat people
>Mutant plants? It's gotta eat people
>Aliens from another galaxy? It's gotta eat people
>ZOMBIES! They walk really slow, have no real brain function and can die to pretty much what most regular people die from. Fuck it, they eat people!

Dawn of the Dead (remake) runs it close

magic isn't a better explanation than nothing, its the same or worse

Loved the movie and loved the intro

This, with Shaun of the Dead there's all the little things that you know the main character should take more seriously, but at the same time you know you wouldn't do anything different from what he did.

Any zombie film done a scene with "Run Boy Run" by Woodkid playing yet? I only know the vidya that did it.

>the absolute pleb taste here
youtube.com/watch?v=L5_UAb5xqiI