This movie is probably going to bomb hard. Why is it so hard to make big budget live-action fantasy films...

This movie is probably going to bomb hard. Why is it so hard to make big budget live-action fantasy films? Even Peter Jackson couldn't make something as good as LOTR a second time.

Hardy?

Oh boi.

Because the suits have demanded 3 delays, 3-4 reshoots, 2 rewrites. So on.

Sup Forums?

Sup Forums will just moan about the black guy.

I thought so too at first but nah it's the charisma vacuum from Pacific Rim.

Why is it so hard to make big budget live-action fantasy films?

Because it needs to be original, there is so much drama when adapting a fantasy medieval series, lots of fucking changes from book to film, lots of fucking complaints from autists

>MUH NOT THE RIGHT RACE FOR IT
>MUH NOT ENOUGH BLACK PEOPLE

it needs to be a original

that's why they should've pumped more money into warcraft movie and commercialize it to normies.

it was a setting that has no problem with wymyn and minorities in position of power

Same exec that greenlit Legend of Tarzan

Im there day 1 rithciekino

Wait til a Game of Thrones film

I saw the announcement trailer and it didn't look epic at all. It seemed like it was on meth. And of course Arthur has to be "from the streets," because they have to keep it real for today's culturally enriched youth. He can't be some yokel from a farm or anything like that.

King Arthur is an English creation tale, there is absolutely zero(0) reason to force niggers into such a story. I don't care if some random nigger COULD have made it all the way to England back then; the fact is that blacks were never a significant aspect of English society until the last few decades (they should all go back to Africa)

BRING
HIM
HOME
MATT DAMON

i liked the trailer.

then again i'm probably a Guy Ritchie fanboy, which I have no problem to admit

Wait, they're adding black guys to this movie? I was only just yesterday using this as an example of a good movie that hasnt been ruined by cultural enrichment like the new Predator.

This is why they should do a big budget series on the warlord chronicles.
Its early middle ages so that atleast is a bit fresh, the setting focusses on being believable instead of 'muh female warriors' etc while still showin that both genders are good for different things as it is supposed to be and the most important thing is that one of arthur's companions is a black guy he found while traveling in north africa.
He even marries his saxon slave and gets children with her so te BLACKED community can also be happy.

Live action fantasy is dead, that audience watches capeshit now and those are easier to make

POSTER OF FACE WITH WORDS ALL OVER IT

The original predator had a woman and 2 black people in it, faggot.

there's a black guy? for what purpose?

Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic. Days of Excalibur are long gone. Now everyone has to do the Marvel formula of quips and cool and snappy action.

Everyone's rocking the same hair and beard look nowadays. It's getting as bad as back in the 80s/90s where you had actors with perm hair in historical costumes.

>that meme poster format
fuck this movie

Jackson wasn't the one who ruined the Hobbit movies.
Guillermo del Taco worked on the movies for 1 1/2 years and then left. Jackson had to take over and couldn't do his own vision. he had to pick up the pieces and get everything done in time because the studio was breathing down his neck.
he should've just said no when they came to him so he fucked up but it wasn't his fault that the movies ended up so bad.

>Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic
>Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic>Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic
>Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic>Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic>Looks more like capeshit with swords than an actual fantasy epic

THIS

They're probably trying to lure in Game of Thrones fanboys. I think it'll easily profit even if the movies terrible

I think the Hobbits plot is just inherently bad

>from nothing comes a king
>from nothing

But he was the actual child of royalty though. He's got the magical king blood in him. If he were just a peasant born of peasants, it would be different. He's not really from nothing. It puts a damper on the whole "you can come from nothing and be a great king" when the guy was royalty.