/éire/

/Tokyo/ edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGYVjGN8zNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

josie

Those shoes don't fit her look

/bant/ thread here if we want it.

I miss tokyo, every day I want to go back. I didn't even really do much there besides ride the Yamanote and walk around the different districts with my bro, but it was still the time of my life.

This trend is getting stranger.

>George Hook moves from lunchtime slot to weekend Newstalk show

Thoughts?

Seems a bit of an odd move to me. If they're condemning him for wrongdoing then surely he should be fired? If they're defending him as an employee then why move his slot at all?

What do you lot think of Prefab Sprout? They're my favorite band.

Never heard of them. Give us your fav song.

>tfw I was the one that made the "Ireland is a Catholic country" post yet some other user got the blame
How is everybody this fine evening?

Don't start this shit again

>If they're condemning him for wrongdoing then surely he should be fired?
He's too popular to fire. And maybe deep down they know he said nothing wrong?

>steam rising from it
Disgusting.

Are you a practicing catholic?

Ah, it was just one atheist lad getting triggered. I'm sure he's fecked off now to do whatever it is that atheists do.

>How is everybody this fine evening
Ok, spent the day moving shit around on my PC and reinstalling my OSs on a new drive.

To me it seems like they're fine with what he said but feel they need to be seen to punish him.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGYVjGN8zNQ

I ask because they were very popular in england/ireland in the 80s, I believe a few of the members are Irish too

Looked like you were getting triggered, it was a discussion about communion in schools you derailed out of your usual inability to handle opposing views.

Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting too. The public backlash was irrationally over the top as usual, so Newstalk has to be seen to be doing something without actually doing anything at all.

Day 1: Overmind, I am only 8 feet long, but I have all my organs. I love the sound of your drones. Every time I hear them, I wave my claws and legs. The sound of the hatchery's heart beat is my favorite lullaby.

Day 2: Overmind, today I learned how to slash my claws. If you could see me, you could definitely tell that I am a Zerg. I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.

Day 3: You know what Overmind, I'm a Zergling!! I hope that makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don't like it when you cry. You sound so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can't hear me.

Day 4: Overmind, my scales are starting to grow. they are short and fine, but I will have a lot of them. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my blades, and stretch my claws and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.

Day 5: You intercepted a transmission from Tarsonis today. Overmind, they lied to you. They said that I'm not a Zergling. I am a Zergling, Overmind, your Zergling. I think and feel. Overmind, what's extermination?

Day 6: I can hear that marine again. I don't like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The marine called it a gauss rifle. Overmind what is it? It burns! Please make him stop! I can't get away from it! Overmind!! HELP me!! No . . .

Day 7: Overmind, I am okay. I still managed to hatch and my brothers and sisters rushed their base. Ke ke ke ke!

I didn't make any posts in the thread after the "People who deny that it is are being willfully ignorant of our history" post because I had to get back to work. Other people took the reigns from that point onwards.

Why? Don't see anything that suggests that. He's basically been demoted and severely rebuked from public opprobrium.

It was all very funny since they initially issued a joint apology with George indicating they were happy to move on and then a few days later wound up suspending him. I think the sponsors pulling out was the tipping point, wonder if anyone will want to sponsor his weekend show.

The public are a very fickle and emotional bunch.

ignore foreigner posts
hide foreigner posts
do not respond to foreigner posts

You're a sore loser aren't you.

>reviving arguments that ended hours ago

I'm surprised he still has a job there at the end of it all, it's very rare someone gets suspended from a company in the public eye like that and returns to work for them.
There's also nothing stopping them creeping him back into a prime time slot in a year or two when things die down.

I like it. Has a very country pop-rock vibe to it.

I wasn't even discussing it. But I think that post as a reply to a serious response for a news story he linked is a fine example of why this general has gone so far downhill recently and why news discussion doesn't happen anymore.

>mfw there are people paying 10 bucks for a rom of Pokemon Gold and Silver
>could easily inject a CIA file of these games for two years
>or easily play the superior romhacks of the remakes

>tfw I posted the news story and the reply to the response
Where is your god now, heathen?

They've actually got a physical edition of those as well but they just contain a code. Kind of strange to buy a box with a piece of paper rather than just downloading it.

They want to able to transfer their Pokés to the latest games. I wouldn't buy Pokémon on VC now but at the same time I don't like the idea of playing through the game and having my team trapped on one save file.

There's only one person alt right enough around here to insist on putting mainstream media sites through an archive.

>I wasn't even discussing it.
Sure.

>But I think that post as a reply to a serious response for a news story he linked is a fine example of why this general has gone so far downhill recently and why news discussion doesn't happen anymore.
Are you serious? It was a joke response that is usually ignored, only idiots take it seriously and it spawned one of the few serious discussion we've had in a while, literally the opposite of what you said. I'm more sick of everyone criticising the general simply because it doesn't conform to exactly their desirable standards because they can't have everything their own way.

>putting mainstream media sites through an archive
It's the right thing to do.

It makes a nice piece to put up on the shelf I guess. I don't think it costs more than the code by itself anyway.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, but I'm not alt-right.

Can you two utter wankers shut the fuck up or fuck off to Sup Forums.

Thanks, if you want more I'd start with their album Steve McQueen, then branch out from that forward or backwards in release order.

What would you like to talk about?

My retarded ass did that once for MvC2 years ago, and I learned my lesson.
PokeHex exists though. They can easily make the same pokemon from scratch and put it in their Ultra save file.

What about the illustrious career of Irish televison superstar Bryan Dobson?

4 out of 5 of those would align with the alt-right.

wet cat nose

press like a button

Great set of posts really a work of art some of the cutest content of our time

Which rugby match should I watch?

All except the most important one: Left-Leaning.

Try harder.

It's half time in the Leinster game and the Ulster game will be fairly lacklustre so watch the Munster one.

>All except the most important one
I disagree. It's not a binary but a spectrum and the alt-right was certainly never defined over it's economic disposition.

I disagree. I feel that the alt-right is build upon social values more than anything.

Suffice to say, I don't associate with the Alt-Right nor do I hold Alt-Right views, so you're grasping at straws.

What social values?

But you behave like an alt righter. You supported Trump, attempt to erode confidence in traditional media and greatly enjoy schadenfreude at the expense of liberals. If the shoe fits...

The shortest way to summarise the social values of the Alt-Right is by just considering the exact opposite of the social values held by the "Progressive Left".

So you agree with the social values of the progressive left?

Lads I'm unironically in Dublin. What should I do with myself tonight?

>RTE showing Limerick v Cork ahead of the Louth derby

Don't venture outdoors if you value your safety.

>You supported Trump
Because I believed he was the lesser of two evils and I believed that his presidency would be entertaining if nothing else.

> attempt to erode confidence in traditional media
Considering that I'm the user that posts the most news articles in /éire/ and consume news from a greater number and variety of outlets than probably anybody else here, I think you're woefully incorrect there.

>and greatly enjoy schadenfreude at the expense of liberals
Guilty as charged.

Nope. I'm a (radical) centrist when it comes to social issues. I lean left on some, right on others. Mainly right, but that' far from always the case.

Why? It seems like it's mostly just a load of tourists desu, Belfast seemed rougher

>Considering that I'm the user that posts the most news articles in /éire/ and consume news from a greater number and variety of outlets than probably anybody else here, I think you're woefully incorrect there.
Through archived links and often accompanied with comments noting bias or agenda driven reporting. I remember you commenting on the BBC specifically before complaining about an over focus on womens issues and virtue signalling.
If you don't have an issue with mainstream media then why do you keep archiving links to articles? That's a regular practice of the alt right to prevent those outlets from receiving ad revenue from the clicks.

>a (radical) centrist
funny meme, lad

Places like Ballymun or Finglas are dangerous. The city centre isn't. People here just like to shit on Dublin because it's urban

you'll be grand unless you start on someone or act like a spa

>Through archived links
And? You're clearly a newfag if you don't remember when doing that was commonplace. I used to post direct links until I was advised not to, and posting archived links makes sense for a number of reasons.

>and often accompanied with comments noting bias or agenda driven reporting
When have I ever done that? I usually just quote the headline and give my own personal reaction to the news.

>I remember you commenting on the BBC specifically before complaining about an over focus on womens issues and virtue signalling.
It's my own personal opinion that they do, but the BBC is still one of the main news outlets that I follow.

>If you don't have an issue with mainstream media then why do you keep archiving links to articles?
>That's a regular practice of the alt right to prevent those outlets from receiving ad revenue from the clicks.
So you think that my reasons for linking archived links are as ambitious as "wanting to undermine the mainstream media"? I just hate ads and assume that other people do too. I run 2 different types of adblockers to avoid seeing any ads while browsing the internet. Achived links also retain the original article in the event of the article being edited.

munster missed a conversion and a penalty, ffs

>Places like Ballymun or Finglas are dangerous
Parts of them yeah. Dublin is an odd city in that nice areas aren't always too far from rough areas.

It's more people who just have a chip on their shoulder for some inexplicable reason. Or people who are very security conscious and have rarely been.

>You're clearly a newfag if you don't remember when doing that was commonplace
Nope and I never remember anyone but you doing it. You were advised not to by Sup Forums types and you complied and still comply to this day despite being the only person to do so. I think that speaks volume.

>posting archived links makes sense for a number of reasons.
Such as?

>I think that speaks volume.
Hardly. Why are you picking on Froggy?

>Nope and I never remember anyone but you doing it
You have a bad memory then. Sure, I'm the one who does it the most, but I wasn't the only one.

>You were advised not to by Sup Forums types
Had no idea they were Sup Forums-types desu - although back then about 50% of /éire/ was steeped in the Sup Forums dye. The fact that you think they were speaks volumes.

>Such as?
1. They prevent ad revenue going to outlets that people might not want to support while still allowing everybody to read (and subsequently discuss) the article. It's called being considerate.
2. They retain the original version of the article in case the article is edited after being posted.
3. They can sometimes be used to circumvent paywalls.

>They prevent ad revenue going to outlets
There it is.

Yeah we'll be in Temple Bar like a bunch of normies paying stupid prices for each beer I'd imagine. Any recommendations?

hey guys I'm gonna go to the courthouse and change my name back to the Gaelic version and and regaelicize it to rid myself of this Anglo slave name

Home from work and it must be what, 7 hours later and they're still at it.
Will tune in later tonight when you two aren't being dickheads and ruining the thread with your ongoing 2 person argument. Might be a few days judging by how incapable you are of just shutting up and ignoring each other. What a way to spend your friday night.
Monitoring /bant/ instead.

The cyclists slow down and gesture to you to pass them, meaning they expect you to pull out into the middle of the road, across two lanes, just as you turn a bend and can't see if someone is coming opposite.

There's nothing else being discussed. It'd just be a dead thread otherwise.

Nice cherrypicking. I explained in the clearest possible terms that I was accommodating people who might not want to support a particular website - it's not because I'm trying to undermine the mainstream media by robbing them of a few autistic clicks from /éire/. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

And ad revenue from me doesn't even go to those sites in the first place anyway because I run ad blockers. Also, something tells me you wouldn't be throwing a hissy fit about this if I was archiving links from Fox News or Breitbart.

>Gaelic

There is a Civ game going on btw. In case ye were wondering where the top personalities were tonight.

Can't we all just get along.

I think they just have a grudge against you.

What are you even talking about.

It's not the first time he has accused me of being alt right and other nonsense like that - I recognise his posting style.

reminder

If it's nonsense why am I not the only one who thinks it?

>splitting the threads

Dont go to the pubs in temple bar

Go check out the boardwalks on the Liffey

You should go to Izakaya on George’s st and order a spicy asian. Fade street is also nice, and Pygmalion

It's you and maybe one other person.

>The brits are laughing at us again

Once knew a girl named Margaret McGillicuddy. Everyone called her Maggie. I assume she's one of your all's kind.

>he’s still in germany

Only a matter of time until the /éire/ exiles in /brit/ start bitching about how the "Weebs destroyed /éire/".

Can't get home send help

No maybe. You were talking to two different people in the last conversation.

>meeting people from the internet IRL
>ever