This was the most boring movie I've seen in a long time...

This was the most boring movie I've seen in a long time. I hate it when movies only try to be 'good' without being entertaining. What's worse, I didn't expect that bullshit from Scorsese.

There wasn't a single tense or funny moment. Just 150 minutes of misery.

3/10 would not watch again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P-L93I2R1Lc#t=106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is one of my favs of scorsese and the best film of the year. Everything in your post describes La La Land besides the runtime, now that was a genuine 3/10.

OUT. This film was a brilliant theological exploration. It's really not Scorsese's fault that you're a brainlet.

When they tell you to "just turn your brain off, bro" they mean just until the capekino horseshit you're watching is over, not forever. You sound like a stupendous mouthbreather.

Why did you expect something funny to happen in a movie about Portuguese missionaries being captured by the Japanese in the 1600s and being forced to watch your Japanese converts be tortured until they apostatizing?

I liked the scene when the jap translator was talking about why Buddhism is better than Christianity.

The second time I saw it I noticed they CGI'd the interpreter's face for a few seconds. Must have been trying to fix a fuck up in post.

youtube.com/watch?v=P-L93I2R1Lc#t=106

This movie was fucking incredible. Probably the best experience I've had in a cinema.

I felt nothing for the villagers and I didn't sympathize with Andrew Garfield, so it was a waste for me.

try watching it again in a decade. you know, when you're 26.

you might be able to comprehend it then. but probably not.

>Why did you expect something funny to happen in a movie about Portuguese missionaries being captured by the Japanese in the 1600s and being forced to watch your Japanese converts be tortured until they apostatizing?
No, some form of suspense or relatable emotions would also have been fine.
That's funny but I'm 26 right now. This was just a really pretentious and boring movie.

I honestly can't remember a film that has affected me as much as this one, I loved it. One of my favourite parts was the final confession scene. Rodrigues finally being able to wholeheartedly confess Kichijiro was incredibly moving. For most of the movie he holds Kichijiro in contempt and only confesses him out of duty, but once they're both apostates he learns true compassion. It reminded me of part of First Corinthians I read once.

>And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Silence is about a man who renounces faith, loses hope, but discovers charity.

I don't see it, is it meant to be at your timecode?

This was the most boring thread I've seen in a long time. I hate it when threads only try to be 'good' without being entertaining.

What's worse, I didn't expect that bullshit from Sup Forums.

Yeah just after he says "If he can overcome all his illusions" they swap out his face, and he says "but you cling to your illusions, and call them faith."

Oh wow, yeah I see it now. That's so weird!

it's my favourite movie of the year

Wasn't smart enough imo
They missed out on a stellar opportunity to discuss the merits and political/sociological inner workings/considerations of religion when he goes to meet the inquisitor. It was the belly of the beast and the moment where you realize that Garfield's character is intellectually unequipped to add anything to the conversation other than
>"hey guys what you're doing is wrong because I say so and I can do nothing to understand you nor change your minds."

Regardless of historical accuracy, he was a pretty intellectually unequipped protagonist for his task, though with a high emotional IQ. It's not as smart as it could be and not close to as smart as everyone says, but it has some relatively epic/breathtaking moments.

I liked how every frame looked fucking incredible. Some real fucking Renaissance shit.

*tips fedora*

I liked it, I thought the christ face in the drinking pool freakout moment was absolute kino