Who would be the best starring True Detective season 3? If that would ever happen

Who would be the best starring True Detective season 3? If that would ever happen.

Michael Shannon

Idris Elba

Mads and Swinton as detectives.
Fassbender as killer.

Michael Shannon has a great TD vibe in noctournal animals.

Eric Wareheim

>when it hits you that she can no longer think about your cock today

I agree. I just want him in some detective noir series, constantly clenching his teeth over the thought of beating someone's face into pulp.

What's up with this film he played True Crimes? Will it ever be released?

this movies never coming out, is it?

Brolin as a grizzly piece of shit, Goggins as a more easy going guy with underlying psychopath tones
John Malkovich as the villain

Would watch

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT MY COCK TODAY?

DO IT

it premiered in Warsaw and got pretty bad reviews

Brendan gleeson and john goodman are both getting too old for this shit and I dont care about the rest of the plot

Keep that Luther bullshit in Dr Who land.

huh?

Brad Pitt & Christian Bale

Genuinely a terrible idea

this would be my dream cast.

watch boardwalk empire - it's pretty close to what you want

Jim Carry

Why would you even post this?

I looked at the photo thought it was Nick Cave and the idea of it blew my mind.

True Detective season three co- written and co-starring Nick Cave with a return to the bleakness of humanity and and underlying current of eldritch horror.

He even has extremely decent Screenwriting chops. If he does the soundtrack, I'm sold.

This

Partner him up with Tom Waits on screen and composing the soundtrack. And you would have a series that would go down as legendary.

Holy fucking shit. How do we make this happen?

The Goose needs to be part of the series, he's perfect for it.

Tom Sizemore. Nigga was meant!

Stop fucking casting Mads Mikkelsen in every fucking thing ever`

They're both retired detectives, one of them sees a story in the newspaper, just a snippet of a story that intrigues them and then contacts the other to drive up to some backwash spit of land on the coast with a closed community, to look over it themselves, for old times sake.

Neither is fit, nor permitted concealed carry and set it sometime in the past 70's or 80's for the vibe, cars and fashion.

Tommy Lee Jones and Jeffrey Wright

in a racist buddy cop drama

>This will never happen
Feels seriously unjust, man

Write it yourself fag. Real Investigator isn't copyrighted.

You fuckers got it all wrong.
You have to cast somewhat contrasting characters to have any kind of actual chemistry between them.

If I was the casting director for the third season of TD, I would pick Jake Gyllenhaal as the young ambitious but naive detective and Viggo Mortensen as an old extremely red pilled detective whos fed up with it all.

How come?

So Se7en?

You give them both a quirk as well... Say Waits' character likes the horses, so he follows the papers looks for a bookie a radio or a TV to listen to the ponies, but he only bets real small amounts, like a dollar a time, it's an fascination rather than an addiction.

Caves character likes to listen to the debates on the radio and TV and rants at the people on there as naive dumbfucks or proffesional liars.

And they both hate music.

Because they are so used to each other they don't even mention their quirks.

Imagine a scene in the car where Cave is driving and ranting at the talk show on the radio, while Waits' just sits shotgun marking his horses in the papers as he reads out a couple of names.

RADIO... And what I say to you and your listeners is that as the Mayor we've reduced crime by 25 percent in the last four years...

CAVE... You lying prick! You've just stopped investigating and reporting, (To Tom) they've reclassified half this shit you know! What a lying prick! (To radio) You lying scum.

WAITS... (with pencil tapping paper staring into space) Hmmnn Valiant Knight, good form, going firm, or Lullaby Waltz?

So in season 1, was Rust just tripping on drugs still or was it paranormal stuff? Or a mix of both?

Great show by the way, I wish there was more like it. Exactly the right amount of weird fiction sprinkled on top of a solid plot. Any recommendations on stuff like it?

Finn Wolfhard and Asa Butterfield

what happened to his polish detective film?

Not at all, if people work together for any period of time they make accomadations and sometimes become homogeneos, if they were already of a similar type.

You are getting your idea of dynamics from the idea of contrast where Hollywood intruduces rookie maverick to straight laced cop and sparks fly.

Now if they worked together for ten years they would have ironed out all their issues and the chemistry would be in them making solutions rather than combustion.

not saying you're wrong, it's just a hollywood trope and isn't a hard and and fast rule. Sure it creates conflict, that requires resolution within the characters. But you don't need that for interest when you have mystery.

There's no point in writing a series like True Detective, the whole thread is about what would make a good True Detective series 3, unfortunatly that's out of our hands and we're spitballing for the fun of it.

There was nothing paranomal, just allusions to it through things like mention of the King in Yellow and Caracosa. Which made people believe that the series may become paranormal, like Twin Peaks did.

The first series did an excellent job of taking you to the edge of that cliff but then pulling back through interesting drama, so it was after all realistic.

You could almost be dissapointed if it wasn't so well told and just ended with a loser villian lawnmowerman. But you have to remember what horror he and the other abusers and killers inspired in their circle to the victims with their ritual rape and sacrifice.

Saddam Hussain looked pathetic and dissapointing when he was caught as well. But when he was in power he was a higher authority to an Iraqi subject than God.

Idris Elba

reddit-tier answers

I wouldn't watch that.

>that one autist

I wasn't pitching it to the Doctor Who, Game of Thrones market.