Cultural Christians on Sup Forums

Most people on Sup Forums are cultural Christians. They do not actually believe in God, but they identify more with the cultural aspects of the Christian faith itself. Does anyone else here relate? Believing in a man made religion is retarded but I think most people can appreciate the actual values of this faith. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kDKGvg6HeyY
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/09/california-primary-trump-rhetoric-school-bully
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Were you inspired by my thread the other day?

Damn Justin Really Makes You Think Hard

> - Justin Bieber, on being a taco.

one of the most retarded things i've ever read

Yep. Commander Breivik said it the best.

Yeah some of the values and iconography. Also Christians get a disproportionate hate compared to other religions so I think identifying as Christian would be standing against militant atheists and Jews. But I don't hold any supernatural beliefs.

What exactly did he say? I thought Breivik was a believer.

I would join or start a crusade despite being atheist. Is that what you mean?

Bieber is a fucking retard

Christ built the church for a fucking reason

Protestants are scum

how can mirrors be real if your eyes aren't real?

What if I go to Burger King?

Checkmate, popstar goy

I'm an actual Christian, but I wish we could somehow have an institution to conserve the morality of a nation, considering it isn't the easiest to believe in Christianity.
youtu.be/kDKGvg6HeyY

How are you enjoying your cuck cult today?

Speak for yourself.

I lost almost all of my morale when I found out that only the New Testament matters, and that the moral codes defended so vigorously in the Old Testament are, apparently, null and void.

Christianity would be an amazing moral system and a bulwark against degeneracy if you counted both the OT and NT, but we don't.

>the current year
>not worshipping Kek

>Christ built the church for a fucking reason

He didn't though, pure Christianity is simply discipleship.

Catholics made up their own non-canon books to claim otherwise, but all other parts of the religion realize those books are false. The Apocrypha are lies.

Also, this

Now he turned to nordic neo-paganism. He was always in favour of "cultural" Christianity as in Christian Europe vs. the world.

It's the foundation of the traditional values the West has observed for centuries.

I'm a heathen, but between atheism and Christianity, I respect Christianity a lot more. You would think atheism would bring critical thinking and universal values, but it brings nothing but degeneracy, globalism, and the destruction of the nuclear family. Most atheists replace God with the government, instead of secular ethics and critical thought. Which is why the overwhelming majority of them are leftists who prefer big government and no cultural identity or family values.

I wish I had faith.

KEK APPROVES

The memes are strong with this one.
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/09/california-primary-trump-rhetoric-school-bully

I feel the same way. It's not so much that I willingly choose to be an edgy atheist, but you can't ACTUALLY help whether you believe something or not. Just like thinking it would be cool to worship Odin and Thor and sacrificing goats to the gods doesn't actually make you believe in Paganism deep down.

But I have respect for the christian culture of my people. And I believe that our traditions are important. And I believe that christian morals/teachings/values are the way they are because they help build a stable society. Most people cannot handle atheism, because they become moral-less cultural relativists who cause degeneracy and social decay to spread. They create nothing but unfettered hedonism and nihilism.

So while I can't help but not believe in god, I still act as such. And I go to church and when I have children, I will take them to church and teach them the ways of the bible and all that important stuff. Because it is important. Religion is good for giving us objective morality instead of this cultural relativism there-are-no-such-things-as-morals bullshit.

>edgy atheist

That's mostly just a meme though, perpetuated by autistic revivalist Christian rednecks on Internet cesspools. Edgy atheists do exist, but simply being an atheist in itself is not "edgy". The people who say it is are just using social shaming tactics to 'get rid of' those that disagree with them.

>. Edgy atheists do exist, but simply being an atheist in itself is not "edgy"

I'm not just talking about the fedora tippers though. I'm talking about your typical atheists, who still typically supplant religion with a quasi-religious belief in The State and radical egalitarianism bullshit. They tend to have a more hedonist outlook on life, not caring about what's good for society.

I'm more of a spiritual christian than a cultural or dogma one

I'm an agnostic, but revere traditional Christianity. It's sad to see it losing influence, and being subverted by Eastern mysticism.

I know the type of people you're talking about, I argued with them a lot years and years ago. But many people appear to be neither religious or atheist, they don't seem to care. Then, you have to consider how degeneracy is so rampant, that the people that partake in degeneracy overlap with each other.

>Christians are le real atheists

Ok there fedora

> But many people appear to be neither religious or atheist, they don't seem to care

I lump these people in with the atheists. Whether they're vocal about their non-belief in god is irrelevant. The point being that you're not grounded in the morals/values of christianity and you're not bothering to teach these morals/values to your children. The end result, regardless of whether explicitly atheist or implicitly nonreligious, is irrelevant.

It's the natural conclusion of religion in this age of enlightenment, religion is used for dictating morals and ethics, and should each should be judged on those merits, rather than which is actually "true" (because none of them are).

Prove that none of them are true

They lack sufficient evidence to be proven true.

Eh, Eastern stuff shows a lot of respect for Christianity for the most part, and a lot of the stuff I've read and listened to helped me understand better where Christians were coming from. Whereas I used to think they were just batshit crazy, now I kinda get it. Eastern shit helped me with that. New Age stuff too for that matter. "If it ain't Baptist it ain't right" and "Christianity is the ONLY true religion" stuff still rubs me the wrong way to be honest, but I still play a Christian on Sup Forums. Atheism just bores me to death at this point.

Define sufficient evidence

Actual physical evidence that supports the text, not just words that someone wrote in a book thousands of years ago.

It physically happened 2000 years ago. That's why they mention where it happened and the names of the people involved in such detail (the intention was "Hey, you can go talk to these people who saw Jesus"). To disbelieve because of age would logically imply you should doubt the Gallic Wars and other such things because a lot of our understanding of them comes from text written at the time

I would only agree with you if both the OT and NT mattered, as I talked about here But Christians only think the New Testament matters now, and that's where the weak, hippy, cucked idea of Christianity comes from - that only the nice, soft parts of the Bible are valid.

>It physically happened 2000 years ago.
Yes, that is what the book says, but where is the proofs?
>To disbelieve because of age would logically imply you should doubt the Gallic Wars and other such things because a lot of our understanding of them comes from text written at the time
I'm not saying that all holy texts contain nothing but falsehoods, but other historical events that did happen should have corresponding physical evidence proving their existence.

Just as an example, many historians do look at religious texts to understand history, but they do so knowing that stories are mostly allegorical. For example, in some ancient text, 2 gods may have fought, and in real life historians might equate those gods to 2 different warlords who had a decisive battle, and then use other texts from different nations or religions to cross-reference events and people.

>'You were born in a Taco Bell.'